Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 143

Thread: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

  1. #11
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    From what I can see, you don't consider ANY criticism of Obama to be legitimate.

    It's not Obama's job to detail troop movements & strengths, but it is his job to work with the DOD to determine what the goals in Afghanistan are, and what we will consider "winning." Until he's done that, he isn't doing his job, and he's keeping the military from doing theirs.

    From what I can tell, the most valid criticism of Obama that I can offer is that he thinks he's a spokesperson, and not commander in chief and/or CEO of this country. He's about giving speeches and making public appearances, but he appears to have no grasp of the administrative aspects of his job.

    And I'm saying this as someone who voted for him.
    I've already listed what I think valid criticisms of Obama are.....this is just Rev's game to avoid the issue.

    I believe that his promise to make his administration more transparent is not being kept.

    I don't like what I see as far as his promise to have us out of Iraq within a year.

    His continued bank bailouts were a mistake in my opinion.

    I also think that he misjudged how bad the economy was and has not been as effective as I would like him to be on the economy at this stage of his presidency.

    There are valid criticisms to be made...however, some people find every and any little thing to create a thread about.....it gets a little silly.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #12
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
    Once again, I think Obama can walk and chew gum at the same time. The increase of 20,000 forces he okayed six months ago in AFG is still being deployed, so it's not like there's 40,000 troops waiting on the sidelines to be parachuted in should he decide to go along with McCrystals' plan.
    Strawman. It's not about multitasking. Never made this argument.


    This could be a good thread to stay on the topic of DADT, a silly policy whose time needs to end. We ask our gay soldiers to fight and even die for our freedom and rights, but then want to deny them theirs?


    I agree, we shouldn't make our service about our genitalia either.


    Timing though, is off. Make social change, when we are not at war.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
    This could be a good thread to stay on the topic of DADT, a silly policy whose time needs to end. We ask our gay soldiers to fight and even die for our freedom and rights, but then want to deny them theirs?
    DADT needs to end, and the impetus for it ending needs to come from the military hierarchy (which is--slowly--happening). I don't think this should be imposed externally by Obama. A week ago, I was castigating Obama for his inaction on this issue, but after reading the recent editorial in the DOD, I think that it will come from inside, without external pressure, and that the military will deal with this better if it comes in that way.

    Essay in DoD journal urges repeal of gay ban - Military News, News From Iraq & Afghanistan - Military Times

  4. #14
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I've already listed what I think valid criticisms of Obama are.....this is just Rev's game to avoid the issue.

    I believe that his promise to make his administration more transparent is not being kept.

    I don't like what I see as far as his promise to have us out of Iraq within a year.

    His continued bank bailouts were a mistake in my opinion.

    I also think that he misjudged how bad the economy was and has not been as effective as I would like him to be on the economy at this stage of his presidency.

    There are valid criticisms to be made...however, some people find every and any little thing to create a thread about.....it gets a little silly.

    So that's the list, and the only valid critisizms? That's it?



    I mean I thought it would be valid to you given your threads:


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058299868
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #15
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So that's the list, and the only valid critisizms? That's it?



    I mean I thought it would be valid to you given your threads:


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058299868
    That's my list....there may be others. However, your list including what beer he chose precedes you.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    That's my list....there may be others. However, your list including what beer he chose precedes you.
    Do you feel that there are legitimate criticisms to be tendered in Obama's failure to set goals for the military in Afghanistan, to define the mission in real terms, and to define what victory would look like? Because, as CiC, THAT IS HIS JOB.

  7. #17
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    That's my list....there may be others. However, your list including what beer he chose precedes you.



    So Obama's fiddling is not valid, but threads like this are?


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058299868

    Please. You look like a hack counselor.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #18
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So Obama's fiddling is not valid, but threads like this are?


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058299868

    Please. You look like a hack counselor.
    That's funny....coming from you Rev.....
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #19
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Do you feel that there are legitimate criticisms to be tendered in Obama's failure to set goals for the military in Afghanistan, to define the mission in real terms, and to define what victory would look like? Because, as CiC, THAT IS HIS JOB.
    Sure....but to say that he can't do anything else at the same time is just a ridiculous claim.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #20
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    That's funny....coming from you Rev.....



    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058299868


    Game set match. You want to bitch constantly about my threads. PErhaps you shouldnt start actual threads of no value.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •