Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 143

Thread: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    As soon as someone shows some genuine interest. My point was never challenged.
    You haven't made a point yet that wasn't logically flawed. Why should we be interested in your faulty reasoning?

  2. #102
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    your point I thought was you were not using logic? How shall we challenge this? I agree. You haven't used logic.
    My point was that in order for things to work to your specifications, we would have to dispense with the republic and have a military dictatorship. At the least, some kind of military state.

    You haven't made a point yet that wasn't logically flawed. Why should we be interested in your faulty reasoning?
    A premises can't be logically flawed. You would know that if you knew logic.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  3. #103
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    My point was that in order for things to work to your specifications, we would have to dispense with the republic and have a military dictatorship. At the least, some kind of military state.



    Uhm, how did you arrive at this strawman?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #104
    Professor
    Joe1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    No I call that a bad decision. He didn't continue, he didn't say "no" to air support in the middle of a fight.

    You missed your calling, I'd say torturing logic is your forte.

  5. #105
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post

    You missed your calling, I'd say torturing logic is your forte.



    I think you missed yours. Toll booth operator is your calling. o.O
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    My point was that in order for things to work to your specifications, we would have to dispense with the republic and have a military dictatorship. At the least, some kind of military state.
    Our president already is commander in chief of the military. A dictatorship is unnecessary, given that.

    To be honest, your comment is so stupid that it's difficult to take it seriously.

  7. #107
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Uhm, how did you arrive at this strawman?
    Mainly because you get upset at any harm the troops experience, especially if it is the result of bureaucracy, or cordial international relations, or political factionalism, and are always demanding for decisions which circumnavigate such events. Bureaucracy and political factionalism are guaranteed in a diverse representative democracy, and cordial international relations are desirable. Functional management of these sometimes requires things like the denial of air support -- the reasons aren't always good (in fact, quite often they are not), but that is part of the mixed bag of a republic. Your concern actually transcends any given person (well, I don't really believe that, but let's pretend) because it is a problem with a system -- the system of republican government. Provided things like freedom of speech and dispersed political power are allowed, there will always be some disjointedness between the demands and and priorities of the military and that of a government ruled by the people.

    There is only way way to get around that disjointedness. Military dictatorship: fuse the state and the military into one and narrow their focus to that of a single person, hopefully a competent one. If there is bureaucracy, be it law or regulation, he ca skip it. If there is political factionalism and freedom of speech and political participation and division, he can crush it by force. If you offend an ally or trading partner, rely on no form of diplomacy other than intimidation and if that doesn't work, he can invade -- draft from the general population if you have to, and appropriate to private sector industries to manufacture sufficient weaponry.

    It worked pretty well for the Spartans and the early Third Reich. I don't think Americans would like it though.

    Accordingly, by doing this, if any soldier dies, then it won't be because of factionalism, bureaucracy, or overtures to some other nation.

    Our president already is commander in chief of the military. A dictatorship is unnecessary, given that.

    To be honest, your comment is so stupid that it's difficult to take it seriously.
    The word is: networking. It is possible Obama might do whatever he wants now without any consideration of what politicians in every other level of government think, but in doing so, they might return the favor later when he needs their help for something else. That's what I mean by factionalism.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 10-12-09 at 12:43 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  8. #108
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Mainly because you get upset at any harm the troops experience, especially if it is the result of bureaucracy, or cordial international relations, or political factionalism, and are always demanding for decisions which circumnavigate such events. Bureaucracy and political factionalism are guaranteed in a diverse representative democracy, and cordial international relations are desirable. Functional management of these sometimes requires things like the denial of air support -- the reasons aren't always good (in fact, quite often they are not), but that is part of the mixed bag of a republic. Your concern actually transcends any given person (well, I don't really believe that, but let's pretend) because it is a problem with a system -- the system of republican government. Provided things like freedom of speech and dispersed political power are allowed, there will always be some disjointedness between the demands and and priorities of the military and that of a government ruled by the people.

    There is only way way to get around that disjointedness. Military dictatorship: fuse the state and the military into one and narrow their focus to that of a single person, hopefully a competent one. If there is bureaucracy, be it law or regulation, he ca skip it. If there is political factionalism and freedom of speech and political participation and division, he can crush it by force. If you offend an ally or trading partner, rely on no form of diplomacy other than intimidation and if that doesn't work, he can invade -- draft from the general population if you have to, and appropriate to private sector industries to manufacture sufficient weaponry.

    It worked pretty well for the Spartans and the early Third Reich. I don't think Americans would like it though.

    Accordingly, by doing this, if any soldier dies, then it won't be because of factionalism, bureaucracy, or overtures to some other nation.



    The word is: networking. It is possible Obama might do whatever he wants now without any consideration of what politicians in every other level of government think, but in doing so, they might return the favor later when he needs their help for something else. That's what I mean by factionalism.




    you had to go with that strawman didn't you....


    Obama is the CiC, read our constitution if you are confused how this works.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #109
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    you had to go with that strawman didn't you....


    Obama is the CiC, read our constitution if you are confused how this works.
    If you want to draw from the U.S. Constitution to make an argument which invalidates mine, feel free to do so. That would be pretty consistent with the spirit of this website, seeing as how it is a debate forum.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 10-12-09 at 12:55 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Support Grows to End 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    If you want to draw from the U.S. Constitution to make an argument which invalidates mine, feel free to do so. That would be pretty consistent with the spirit of this website, seeing as how it is a debate forum.


    just....wow.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •