Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neurolog

  1. #11
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neur

    Another reason to oppose mandatory shots.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  2. #12
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neur

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Another reason to oppose mandatory shots.
    It isn't mandatory. And this is a stupid reason to not get the shot.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  3. #13
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neur

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    It isn't mandatory. And this is a stupid reason to not get the shot.
    My state is forcing all health care workers to get it.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  4. #14
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neur

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    My state is forcing all health care workers to get it.
    I can understand the state's desire to not want sick health care workers infecting all of their patients, who may have some underlying condition that exacerbates the problem. I thought you were referring to a mandatory vaccination of the general public.

    At any rate, this is still a stupid reason to not get the shot. The likelihood of getting GBS (or dying from it) is tiny compared to the likelihood of getting swine flu (or dying from it).
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  5. #15
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,093

    Re: Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neur

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    My state is forcing all health care workers to get it.
    And if the healthcare worker got the swine flu, infected a patient that then died of it, can we then charge the healthcare worker with murder since he refused the jab? Oh lets not forget sueing the state for millions for not firing the SOB.
    PeteEU

  6. #16
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,028

    Re: Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neur

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post

    At any rate, this is still a stupid reason to not get the shot. The likelihood of getting GBS (or dying from it) is tiny compared to the likelihood of getting swine flu (or dying from it).
    Chances are GBS is just a phantasy syndrome to cover for the bunk shots they let fly off the line every few out of a hundred. All GBS is, is a symptom in which "your own immune system attacks your nerves and damages them".


    Thimerosal in Vaccines (FDA.gov)
    Thimerosal, which is approximately 50% mercury by weight, has been one of the most widely used preservatives in vaccines. It is metabolized or degraded to ethylmercury and thiosalicylate.

    Now. Let us establish what mercury does to neurons.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU8nSn5Ezd8&feature=related"]YouTube - How Mercury Causes Brain Neuron Damage - Uni. of Calgary[/ame]


    (Skip to 2:00 if you want to just see the actual raw video of mercury getting placed next to a neuron and watch the degeneration.)
    I guess aluminum and lead do not have such a degenerate property according to the soothing voice on the video.
    Last edited by dirtpoorchris; 10-11-09 at 04:22 PM.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  7. #17
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,093

    Re: Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neur

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Never miss a chance to tell us how much better Europe is than the US, eh?
    Eh? Where the hell did I state anything of the sort in that post?

    Common sense tells me that the reason we don't have a precise count is because it's incredibly difficult to distinguish swine flu deaths from regular flu deaths from deaths due to a combination of things. I very much doubt the counts in Europe are that much more precise, regardless of what they tell you.
    Well I disagree. A large part of the people who die due to the swine flu, die not per say due to the flu it self, but because their immune system or health is in some way compromised or lacking. That is just like most people who die of AIDS dont die of AIDS it self, but because their immune system is crap and simple things like the flu is deadly.

    I know for a fact that in the UK and in Spain they list every week or so how many new cases that are reported (note the reported) and each time a person dies from the swine flu or because of complications due the swine flu and complications it is noted. For example, 3 people have died in the province of Spain I live in due to the swine flu.

    While we never can be 100% exact, at least they are counting it. I understand counting how many have been effected is damn hard since far from everyone goes to the doctor since the effect of the swine flu is different from person to person, but deaths should be pretty simple to record. After all a doctor has to list cause of death and so on, on a death certificate.

    And no it is not some US vs Europe thing.. I just find it hard to believe that the CDC cant get a clear picture of numbers of deaths.. number of sick sure, but deaths?
    PeteEU

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neur

    Well I disagree. A large part of the people who die due to the swine flu, die not per say due to the flu it self, but because their immune system or health is in some way compromised or lacking. That is just like most people who die of AIDS dont die of AIDS it self, but because their immune system is crap and simple things like the flu is deadly.
    My understanding is that most people whose deaths are considered "swine flu-related" actually die of an opportunistic secondary bacterial infection, which is either pneumonia or something akin to it.
    This does not necessarily indicate that "their immune systems were crap"; it merely means that they were unfortunate enough to be exposed to streptococcus pneumoniae while in a vulnerable state because they were already battling the H1N1 virus.
    Hospitals tend to be crawling with streptococcus pneumoniae, for example; approximately 5% of patients admitted to hospitals for other conditions end up with it.

    I would say it's just a matter of luck; and that also, if you have H1N1, it's best to isolate yourself and stay away from crowds and particularly from hospitals, if at all possible, thereby minimizing your risk of contracting a potentially deadly secondary infection while already weakened by H1N1.

  9. #19
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neur

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    I just find it hard to believe that the CDC cant get a clear picture of numbers of deaths.. number of sick sure, but deaths?
    After it became a pandemic, they stopped testing to see if flu-like symptoms were in fact swine flu. Approximately 99% of the current flu cases in the United States are swine flu, so there's really no point even testing for it anymore.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  10. #20
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,028

    Re: Swine flu jab link to killer nerve disease: Leaked letter reveals concern of neur

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    After it became a pandemic, they stopped testing to see if flu-like symptoms were in fact swine flu. Approximately 99% of the current flu cases in the United States are swine flu, so there's really no point even testing for it anymore.
    I thought that they where getting so many swabs that they stopped testing. And NOW 99% are swine flu.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •