Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Protests in Moscow at 'rigged' polls

  1. #1
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Protests in Moscow at 'rigged' polls

    Link
    BBC NEWS | Europe | Protests in Moscow at 'rigged' polls

    Quote from article (The election commission strenuously denied the allegations.

    "If you look up the laws, you'll see that it is now a crime to rig an election," said Gennady Raykov, who is co-ordinating the Moscow city election.)

    Amazingly it is also a crime to murder someone, but this crime continues at an unending pace with it's victims anyone who has enough clout to be able to be heard and who is at odds with the murderers Putin and his puppet Medvedev.

    Quote from article (It all flies in the face of President Dmitry Medvedev's recent promise to renew the country's political system and develop Russia in a democratic way.)

    What we in the west fail to realize is that Democracy is different dependant on where one lives.
    So, North Korea has a democratic process whereby dear leader is elected.
    Moscow is quite obviously adopting the same strategy.
    After Moscow, we shall find that the Russian general Election will be carried out in exactly the same (Democratic) way.

  2. #2
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Protests in Moscow at 'rigged' polls

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    What we in the west fail to realize is that Democracy is different dependant on where one lives.
    So, North Korea has a democratic process whereby dear leader is elected.
    Moscow is quite obviously adopting the same strategy.
    After Moscow, we shall find that the Russian general Election will be carried out in exactly the same (Democratic) way.
    When an election is always rigged it is not a Democracy. Any country that claims that they are a democracy and yet the same person gets elected every single time for decades is obviously not a democracy. Times change, voter base changes. There is just no way that the same person can get elected 40 years running. Unless it is rigged.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Protests in Moscow at 'rigged' polls

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Link
    BBC NEWS | Europe | Protests in Moscow at 'rigged' polls

    Quote from article (The election commission strenuously denied the allegations.

    "If you look up the laws, you'll see that it is now a crime to rig an election," said Gennady Raykov, who is co-ordinating the Moscow city election.)

    Amazingly it is also a crime to murder someone, but this crime continues at an unending pace with it's victims anyone who has enough clout to be able to be heard and who is at odds with the murderers Putin and his puppet Medvedev.

    Quote from article (It all flies in the face of President Dmitry Medvedev's recent promise to renew the country's political system and develop Russia in a democratic way.)

    What we in the west fail to realize is that Democracy is different dependant on where one lives.
    So, North Korea has a democratic process whereby dear leader is elected.
    Moscow is quite obviously adopting the same strategy.
    After Moscow, we shall find that the Russian general Election will be carried out in exactly the same (Democratic) way.
    Pre-emptive british psychological operation to undermine the legitimacy of russian democracy in the eyes of foreigners.

  4. #4
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:35 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,497

    Re: Protests in Moscow at 'rigged' polls

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Pre-emptive british psychological operation to undermine the legitimacy of russian democracy in the eyes of foreigners.
    Uhhh . . . yeah.

    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Protests in Moscow at 'rigged' polls

    hence the rofl...


    But i wouldnt feign to know much about the historical relations between England and Russia

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    11-26-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    737

    Re: Protests in Moscow at 'rigged' polls

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    hence the rofl...

    Memory?

    Postal vote in Britain?

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    11-01-09 @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    829

    Re: Protests in Moscow at 'rigged' polls

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    When an election is always rigged it is not a Democracy. [...]
    Sure it is.

    If the majority of the mob want the election to be rigged, they can be rigged. If they want future elections canceled indefinitely, they can be canceled. If they want the dissidents put in death camps, they can be - and in a real democracy they usually are.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Protests in Moscow at 'rigged' polls

    Quote Originally Posted by elena View Post
    memory?

    Postal vote in britain?
    Почта? Что?

  9. #9
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Protests in Moscow at 'rigged' polls

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Link
    BBC NEWS | Europe | Protests in Moscow at 'rigged' polls

    Quote from article (The election commission strenuously denied the allegations.

    "If you look up the laws, you'll see that it is now a crime to rig an election," said Gennady Raykov, who is co-ordinating the Moscow city election.)

    Amazingly it is also a crime to murder someone, but this crime continues at an unending pace with it's victims anyone who has enough clout to be able to be heard and who is at odds with the murderers Putin and his puppet Medvedev.

    Quote from article (It all flies in the face of President Dmitry Medvedev's recent promise to renew the country's political system and develop Russia in a democratic way.)

    What we in the west fail to realize is that Democracy is different dependant on where one lives.
    So, North Korea has a democratic process whereby dear leader is elected.
    Moscow is quite obviously adopting the same strategy.
    After Moscow, we shall find that the Russian general Election will be carried out in exactly the same (Democratic) way.
    Your post apears to be very contradictory. Are you claiming that Russia somehow by some stretch of the immagination has democracy ?
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  10. #10
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Protests in Moscow at 'rigged' polls

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Pre-emptive british psychological operation to undermine the legitimacy of russian democracy in the eyes of foreigners.
    Since all of us intelligent foreigners already know that russia is not a democracy how can the Brits undermine something that already has no foundation ? To use the words russia and democracy in the same phrase is oxymoronic.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •