Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 605

Thread: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

  1. #551
    Stabler Genius
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London
    Last Seen
    05-17-18 @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,615

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Easy for you to say, you're not going to have to deal with it. Then again, even when you were in the service the odds of you getting any trigger time were damn slim and none. So, it's no suprise if you don't get it.
    Oh, c'mon now. She's a woman, which makes her more sensitive to gays. And it is true that she was far removed from the trigger. But she is only voicing the inevitable. The argument can be made that people felt the same way before black men marched with white men and before women flew combat sorties.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC 1992~2012

  2. #552
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-25-09 @ 03:40 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    669

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Why do we even need a policy?

    In the Navy the only place we ever asked and told was in the showers.

    We did not need Washington involved in that.

    Only a pervert would invite a politician into a shower.
    Last edited by JW Frogen; 10-22-09 at 03:17 AM.

  3. #553
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 03:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by JW Frogen View Post
    Why do we even need a policy?

    In the Navy the only place we ever asked and told was in the showers.

    We did not need Washington involved in that.

    Only a pervert would invite a politician into a shower.
    is Palin a politician:

  4. #554
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Easy for you to say, you're not going to have to deal with it. Then again, even when you were in the service the odds of you getting any trigger time were damn slim and none. So, it's no suprise if you don't get it.



    Hey now, she signed on the line like you and I, she is our sister. No need for this.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  5. #555
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,055

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Hey now, she signed on the line like you and I, she is our sister. No need for this.
    She's a POG, sorry. I've been holding that in for a long time. Instead of us accepting her as our kinswomen, she needs to understand exactly who her kinsmen really are. Yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  6. #556
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,653
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Easy for you to say, you're not going to have to deal with it. Then again, even when you were in the service the odds of you getting any trigger time were damn slim and none. So, it's no suprise if you don't get it.
    No, I was in tighter quarters with less privacy than you ever dealt with, and yet somehow gays managed just fine.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  7. #557
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,055

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, I was in tighter quarters with less privacy than you ever dealt with, and yet somehow gays managed just fine.
    You rode around fo hours on end with other soldiers inside a Bradley Fighting Vehicle? Drank from the same canteen? Ate from the same plate? Huddles together when the temp dropped into the teens, or lower? Then, went back to live in the same barracks, and used the same showers? I hardly think you dealt with it more than me.

    I think you're refusing to see things from any other perspective than your own. You oughta start trusting what you're kinspeople are trying to tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  8. #558
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,653
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    That is an absolute fact. But the difference is that they are not holding hands with each other right before a patrol. And they are not getting ready for bed with a room mate who is now having to dress behind a closed door in his own room.
    Read the whole thread. I linked to a Rand study that among other things looked at other countries militaries that allow gays, and they found most gays are either circumspect, or still hide the fact. Further, the whole dressing/showering thing is a red herring. Gays are able to control themselves.



    It's not about fear. You, above most, should know this about Marines. It's about sexual roles. One of the very real reasons the infantry is an all male club is that it is easier to deal with a unit without the immersion of sexual competition amongst the ranks. We add in the gay factor and we may as well room men with women. Except in this case, the men won't be so welcome to the "opposite" sex.

    I'm not saying that (open) gays in the military won't work. Whether or not it works, it's going to happen. But no militarily inexperienced Commander-in-Chief is going to force this upon a military that is bleeding for him in the middle of war. Clinton wasn't in a war. But he found out quickly that this subject did him no favors when it came to sending others off to murder in his name.
    Again, you show mistaken ideas about gays. Remember, as we both know, gays are already there, and this is by and large not an issue. Any time it is an issue, there are rules in place to handle it, just like any other problem.

    It is going to happen, and the commander in chief and congress are who the military work for, not vice versa. You seem confused on this fact. If Obama and congress do the right thing and get this done, you will either deal with it or get out, the military has no right, no authority to say no.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  9. #559
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,055

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Read the whole thread. I linked to a Rand study that among other things looked at other countries militaries that allow gays, and they found most gays are either circumspect, or still hide the fact. Further, the whole dressing/showering thing is a red herring. Gays are able to control themselves.
    Moreso than heteros? They're super-human, or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  10. #560
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,653
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You rode around fo hours on end with other soldiers inside a Bradley Fighting Vehicle? Drank from the same canteen? Ate from the same plate? Huddles together when the temp dropped into the teens, or lower? Then, went back to live in the same barracks, and used the same showers? I hardly think you dealt with it more than me.

    I think you're refusing to see things from any other perspective than your own. You oughta start trusting what you're kinspeople are trying to tell you.
    Hours...oh wow. Try 7 months, sleeping in bunks 3 high with the whole stack about 5 feet tall, and 3 feet between stacks. You are wrong, and continue to be wrong, and are being downright insulting in this thread.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •