Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 605

Thread: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

  1. #431
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,315

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Yep, the services are going to have to pay the price for this. No SH policy change and with the removal of DADT you are going to get SH complaints that are totally BS. Loose good people that way, especially derailed NCO careers.

    Still, it has to be done somehow. DADT is bull**** on principle. They already have the gays in the unit, but no one knows who they are...could be anyone. Not that that changes with the removal of DADT. Still, DADT is artificial. It needs to be done in a way to preserve cohesion and morale. Seems like SH policy change is the only way. Maybe they (the Prez) will realize that and go for that.
    There'll never be a change to the sexual harrassment policy. The Army's SH policy is a liberal wet dream that they would love to force on the private sector.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #432
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There'll never be a change to the sexual harrassment policy. The Army's SH policy is a liberal wet dream that they would love to force on the private sector.
    Care to prove that?

  3. #433
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,315

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    You have yet to provide proof that it will have ANY negative effects.

    I'll be waiting.
    here ya go,

    Gay Soldier Assaulted at Arizona Army Base; SLDN Renews Calls for Pentagon to Implement Anti-Harassment Plan | Article from U.S. Newswire | HighBeam Research

    Got any proof of the positive effects?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #434
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,315

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Care to prove that?
    It's my opinion. Care to prove that it's not my opinion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #435
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Back in a few, heading home. Great discussion!

  6. #436
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Those aren't wild ass ideas, those are facts, sister. Anyone that made it past the grade of E-3 would know that, so I guess it's understandable why you don't.
    You have not documented a single one of your "facts". I have succeeded in documenting what I say. When you have some actual "facts", feel free to add them to the conversation.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #437
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,315

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You have not documented a single one of your "facts". I have succeeded in documenting what I say. When you have some actual "facts", feel free to add them to the conversation.
    Neither have you. All you've offered up is some screwball study, that doesn't really mean jack ****.

    You and Goldendog seem to be the only ones that don't get it. Birds of a feather, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #438
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Gays get assauted everywere not just army bases...so do straights.

    That is what laws and the UCMJ are for.

    You have proven nothing as usual.
    Last edited by goldendog; 10-12-09 at 06:17 PM.

  9. #439
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Neither have you. All you've offered up is some screwball study, that doesn't really mean jack ****.

    You and Goldendog seem to be the only ones that don't get it. Birds of a feather, I guess.
    I have offered up the most complete and current study on the issue, I have offered up stats on gays in the military, I have offered up poll numbers showing what people think on the issue. You have offered up...well, nothing at all except some unlikely stories and really stupid claims about the UCMJ and other things you know nothing about. You cannot be charged with sexual harassment for opening doors for some one, which you claim(feel free to show the policy or some one charged for doing so), there are no regulations against romance on ship, which you claim(feel free to find the regulation). I have offered up evidence, you have made unlikely claims.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #440
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,315

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I have offered up the most complete and current study on the issue, I have offered up stats on gays in the military, I have offered up poll numbers showing what people think on the issue. You have offered up...well, nothing at all except some unlikely stories and really stupid claims about the UCMJ and other things you know nothing about. You cannot be charged with sexual harassment for opening doors for some one, which you claim(feel free to show the policy or some one charged for doing so), there are no regulations against romance on ship, which you claim(feel free to find the regulation). I have offered up evidence, you have made unlikely claims.
    But, that's all it is, a study. I think we're all smart enough to know that when the metal meets the meat, those high browed studies don't mean jack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •