Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 605

Thread: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

  1. #421
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You just answered you own challenge. Good job.
    But you have not. Show me the rule that says you cannot have a romance on ship, as you claimed.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #422
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Yeah, I see what you mean. There was a double-standard for men and women when I served. Verbal harrassment was SH then too.

    So to successfully remove DADT, we have to change the current policy. This is why I was asking how you would do that. Prevent that congressional investigation from occurring. What are they doing investigating a unit anyways? Where is that in the Constitution? It's probably in there. I read the first 8 or so pages of this thread - long thread - and saw where UCMJ is US Code. That was new to me. Anyway, we have to change the current SH policy.
    It's going to be a complete charlie foxtrot. Alot of the folks who support the abolition of DADT don't care, because they're not, nor will they ever be a member of the armed services and won't have to deal with it. It all looks fine and dandy from their nice, clean, safe, politically correct perch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #423
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's going to be a complete charlie foxtrot. Alot of the folks who support the abolition of DADT don't care, because they're not, nor will they ever be a member of the armed services and won't have to deal with it. It all looks fine and dandy from their nice, clean, safe, politically correct perch.
    Again, over 1 million gay veterans. We can see that gays have served, we can see that many gays thrown out doing to being gay where in jobs where there are a shortage of trained troops, we can see the country has changed and is ready. It's not that we do not care, it's that we understand that the status quo is not always the best thing.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #424
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Again, over 1 million gay veterans. We can see that gays have served, we can see that many gays thrown out doing to being gay where in jobs where there are a shortage of trained troops, we can see the country has changed and is ready. It's not that we do not care, it's that we understand that the status quo is not always the best thing.
    The change won't make things better, period. I've already exhibited that. The sad part, is that people like you are pushing this and you'll never see the mayhem that it causes within our armed services.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #425
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The change won't make things better, period. I've already exhibited that. The sad part, is that people like you are pushing this and you'll never see the mayhem that it causes within our armed services.
    No you have not shown anything. You have made tons of claims with no backing facts. Some of the things you have claimed are really stupid, like your wild ideas about what can be sexual harassment, how romance is banned about ship, that gays in the military is like women sharing a shower with men. You have completely failed to show a single thing other than your ignorance on the topic. The best, most complete and up to date study on the topic, requested by the Pentagon, shows that it is not only feasible to allow gays in the military, but that it would have a trivial at worst effect on military readiness and effectiveness.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #426
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's going to be a complete charlie foxtrot. Alot of the folks who support the abolition of DADT don't care, because they're not, nor will they ever be a member of the armed services and won't have to deal with it. It all looks fine and dandy from their nice, clean, safe, politically correct perch.
    Apdst you are wrong again...Our troops fight for me..they fight for you and they fight for all of the citizens of this nation..I do support the abolition of DADT for exact opposite reasons that you do not support the abolition of it. You don't care about the real issues. Our troops are fighting for me and I realize that. Do you? We are at a point in our ecomonic woes that it is shooting ourselves in the foot to deny our military ALL of the assets we can provide them and that includes the assets of trained Gay soldiers both male and female. It would be neglectful to do otherwise when we are fighting two wars and need to have a properly trained and adequately manned and ready force.

  7. #427
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Apdst you are wrong again...Our troops fight for me..they fight for you and they fight for all of the citizens of this nation..I do support the abolition of DADT for exact opposite reasons that you do not support the abolition of it. You don't care about the real issues. Our troops are fighting for me and I realize that. Do you? We are at a point in our ecomonic woes that it is shooting ourselves in the foot to deny our military ALL of the assets we can provide them and that includes the assets of trained Gay soldiers both male and female. It would be neglectful to do otherwise when we are fighting two wars and need to have a properly trained and adequately manned and ready force.

    But, before they fight for you they fight for themselves.

    that includes the assets of trained Gay soldiers both male and female.
    You say that like gay soldiers are superior to straight soldiers. Which suggests to me, that you are all about the agenda, regardless of what effect it'll have on the service. But, hey, you're not going to deal with it, so what do you care, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #428
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's going to be a complete charlie foxtrot. Alot of the folks who support the abolition of DADT don't care, because they're not, nor will they ever be a member of the armed services and won't have to deal with it. It all looks fine and dandy from their nice, clean, safe, politically correct perch.
    Yep, the services are going to have to pay the price for this. No SH policy change and with the removal of DADT you are going to get SH complaints that are totally BS. Loose good people that way, especially derailed NCO careers.

    Still, it has to be done somehow. DADT is bull**** on principle. They already have the gays in the unit, but no one knows who they are...could be anyone. Not that that changes with the removal of DADT. Still, DADT is artificial. It needs to be done in a way to preserve cohesion and morale. Seems like SH policy change is the only way. Maybe they (the Prez) will realize that and go for that.

  9. #429
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No you have not shown anything. You have made tons of claims with no backing facts. Some of the things you have claimed are really stupid, like your wild ideas about what can be sexual harassment, how romance is banned about ship, that gays in the military is like women sharing a shower with men. You have completely failed to show a single thing other than your ignorance on the topic. The best, most complete and up to date study on the topic, requested by the Pentagon, shows that it is not only feasible to allow gays in the military, but that it would have a trivial at worst effect on military readiness and effectiveness.
    Those aren't wild ass ideas, those are facts, sister. Anyone that made it past the grade of E-3 would know that, so I guess it's understandable why you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #430
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, before they fight for you they fight for themselves.



    You say that like gay soldiers are superior to straight soldiers. Which suggests to me, that you are all about the agenda, regardless of what effect it'll have on the service. But, hey, you're not going to deal with it, so what do you care, right?
    You have yet to provide proof that it will have ANY negative effects.

    I'll be waiting.

Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •