Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 605

Thread: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

  1. #401
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I would segregate units by gender.
    Ahh, yes, you've said that already.

    How would you do it if the units were not segregated?

  2. #402
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Please explain why Army policy needs congressional approval and not merely the instructions of the commander in chief?
    Dude, read the thread. The policy is enshrined within the US Code. It's statutory law, not just "army policy."
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #403
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    Haven't gay men served in the Navy for decades now, I don't see the big deal here, seems the people have settled this long ago?
    Gays have served in every branch of the military for years. I linked to a report that estimates over 1 million gay veterans, with them going back to Korea.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #404
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A couple of them blew each other up on the Iowa, too. Remember that?
    Which has what to do with what?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #405
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Gays have served in every branch of the military for years. I linked to a report that estimates over 1 million gay veterans, with them going back to Korea.
    Like I said, what is the problem then, this seems like a political problem to me.

  6. #406
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Please show a case where this has happened. I think you are talking out your ass on this. Nothing in all the classes I took on this topic in the military suggested anything like that would be sexual harassment.
    You were in the Navy. I was in the Army. We probably went through different training.

    this is how the Army defines sexual harrassment:

    Sexual harassment is a form of gender discrimination that involves unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature.

    There are two types of sexual harassment:

    Quid Pro Quo sexual harassment refers to conditions placed on a person's career or terms of employment in return for sexual favors. It involves threats of adverse actions if the victim does not submit or promises of favorable actions if the person does submit

    Hostile Environment sexual harassment occurs when a person is subjected to offensive, unwanted, and unsolicited comments and behavior of a sexual nature that have the interferes with that person's work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment.
    Take notice of the last sentence that I highlighted, "creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment". Treating a female as inferior, because of her gender could create those exact conditions in the workplace. It's called gender discrimination and is rated right up there with sexual harrassment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #407
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which has what to do with what?
    It's why soldiers, and especially sailors serving on a ship, aren't allowed to be romantically involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #408
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You were in the Navy. I was in the Army. We probably went through different training.

    this is how the Army defines sexual harrassment:



    Take notice of the last sentence that I highlighted, "creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment". Treating a female as inferior, because of her gender could create those exact conditions in the workplace. It's called gender discrimination and is rated right up there with sexual harrassment.
    Which does not prove your point. Your claims as to what is sexual harassment is nothing like that statement.

    By the way, all branches of service have the same sexual harassment policy.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #409
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Ahh, yes, you've said that already.

    How would you do it if the units were not segregated?
    Not much you could do with it, without gender segregated units. The Army's policy on sexual harrassment sucks, but I can understand why it is the way it is. All it would take is one phone call from a female soldier to her congress critter and the congress critter conduct a congressional inquiry of that unit and it's commanders and life would turn real miserable, real fast. It's easier just to fry the accused soldier and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #410
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's why soldiers, and especially sailors serving on a ship, aren't allowed to be romantically involved.
    This is untrue. On sexually integrated ships, romances are common.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •