Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 605

Thread: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

  1. #361
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    That's crazy, but I understand. The mere accusation of intent is enough. They should change that.
    I've always disagree with the Army's sexual harrassment policies, but the military is under alot of pressure from the government, more pressure than any other government agency and certainly more presure than civilian jobs. It's nuts. That's why I've always been a proponent of all female/male units. If males and females didn't serve together, then alot of that BS would go away and we could get down to soldier'n. That's what they're there for, to soldier, not worry about looking at a female the wrong way and getting smacked with some crazy sexual harrassment charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #362
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Great, now that gay soldier can be discharged for conduct unbecoming, rather than for his/her sexual orientation. There, everybody is equal. Happy?
    I have no problem with that as long as simply being gay is not reason for discharge.
    Any more than being straight is.
    Last edited by winston53660; 10-12-09 at 03:38 PM.

  3. #363
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is a different situation than simply saying you are strait or gay. Saying "I am strait" is not harassment(depending on the situation a bit, you sould do it in a harassing way as part of an unwelcome advance).
    It depends on who you say it to and how that person interprets the comment. It has nothing to do with how you say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #364
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I have no problem with that as long as simply being gay is reason for discharge.
    Any more than being straight is.
    Yeah, now they can get hit with SH just like everybody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #365
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, now they can get hit with SH just like everybody else.
    Question. What is SH?

  6. #366
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It depends on who you say it to and how that person interprets the comment. It has nothing to do with how you say it.
    Actually it does. You walk into a crowded barracks common room and shout out "I am strait", no one is going to successfully charge you with anything. Walk up to a member of the opposite sex and "I am strait" as a come on, if the other person finds that unwelcome, you could potentially be charged, though it is unlikely that the charge would stick. At worse, you would probably get 60/60 and a reduction in paygrade. Now just walk into a barracks common room and shout out "I am gay" and you are possible getting an OTH RE4.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #367
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Question. What is SH?
    Sexual harrassment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #368
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Question. What is SH?
    Sexual Harassment I think.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #369
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually it does. You walk into a crowded barracks common room and shout out "I am strait", no one is going to successfully charge you with anything. Walk up to a member of the opposite sex and "I am strait" as a come on, if the other person finds that unwelcome, you could potentially be charged, though it is unlikely that the charge would stick. At worse, you would probably get 60/60 and a reduction in paygrade. Now just walk into a barracks common room and shout out "I am gay" and you are possible getting an OTH RE4.
    Accept, that if there's a female in the day room and she's suddenly offended, or believes that that comment was directed at her for some twisted reason, she can bust your ass with a sexual harrassment charge. And you know what? At that point, you're purdy much in deep ****, because your commander is going to take her side, everytime.

    In a sexual harrassment case, the accused soldiers is screwed, period. Out of the 15 odd cases I dealt with, I never saw anyone beat the charge. There were three, or four that were the most utter, complete and total bull**** and the accused soldier still didn't beat the charge.

    I saw a soldier get discharged, because he was pissing in the woods, there was a unit about a 1,000 yards away and a female soldier, who was outside her company area without authorization saw him shaking he piss off his cock. She claimed he was shaking his dick at her. Guess who they believed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #370
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Sexual harrassment.
    Thanxs, I do think people take it to far and need to get a sense of reality male, female, gay, straight. IMHO from what I have read here it is one of the most abused charges around in the military.
    Last edited by winston53660; 10-12-09 at 03:54 PM.

Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •