Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 605

Thread: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

  1. #331
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's not speculation. History has proven it to be so. Some of the toughest units in the Soviet Army during WW2, were all female units.
    Certain units may be better, but overall, I doubt it will make a difference.



    This ain't high school. This is the armed forces. If you're wrong, people can die. It's not worth it just to push some Libbos wet dream of straight soldiers being forced to accept gay soldiers living in their barracks, because that's what it's really all about.
    Gay soldiers already are living in the barracks, and for the most part, it is working out just fine.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #332
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Certain units may be better, but overall, I doubt it will make a difference.
    History tells a different story.





    Gay soldiers already are living in the barracks, and for the most part, it is working out just fine.
    Great, then let's leave DADT in place. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #333
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Straight soldiers don't walk into the barracks and yell, "I'm straight!". Is this about giving gay soldiers the same rights, or just shoving a PC agenda down people's throats? It would sound better if the latter didn't appear to be true.
    It is about equal rights. Gays whom do make valuable contributions to the armed services have an extra rule tacxked on them simply for being gay even if they follow all the other rules. There is no reason for this extra rule.

  4. #334
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    It is about equal rights. Gays whom do make valuable contributions to the armed services have an extra rule tacxked on them simply for being gay even if they follow all the other rules. There is no reason for this extra rule.
    The same rule applies to straight soldiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #335
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    More data: http://www.urban.org/UploadedPDF/411...anMilitary.pdf

    Estimates suggest that more than 36,000 gay men and lesbians are serving in active duty,
    representing 2.5 percent of active duty personnel. When the guard and reserve are
    included, nearly 65,000 men and women in uniform are likely gay or lesbian, accounting
    for 2.8 percent of military personnel.

    Nearly one million gay and lesbian Americans are veterans. The states with the largest
    population of gay and lesbian veterans include California, Florida, Texas, New
    York, and Georgia. Among metropolitan areas, Los Angeles, Washington, DC, San
    Diego, Chicago, and New York have the highest populations of gay and lesbian
    veterans.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #336
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The same rule applies to straight soldiers.
    But is never enforced.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #337
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    But is never enforced.
    I've seen it enforced. I even enforced it when I was an NCO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #338
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I've seen it enforced.
    Some one charged strictly under sodomy rules, or as part of a prosecution of some greater case? I have never heard of a strait soldier charged with just sodomy, it always was added to other charges.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #339
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Great, then let's leave DADT in place. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    It is broke. We have lost valuable human resources simply because people were found out to be gay even though they followed all the rules straight people are expected to follow.

  10. #340
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    It is broke. We have lost valuable human resources simply because people were found out to be gay even though they followed all the rules straight people are expected to follow.
    Policy on gays seen hurting military - The Boston Globe

    New military statistics show that many soldiers with the same skills as former service members the Pentagon is now recalling to active duty in the war on terror have been discharged from the military over the last five years under the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy that prohibits gays from serving openly.

    The military data show that in some areas where there are critical shortfalls, such as intelligence, military police, and infantry skills, the Clinton-era policy that allows the dismissal of gays whose sexual orientation is disclosed has deprived the military of some of the same skills it is now seeking by returning members of the Individual Ready Reserve to service.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •