Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 605

Thread: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

  1. #21
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Scorpion...you are wrong. Period. You are making yourself look silly with your continuing argument.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    The Dept.of Def and the United States Supreme Court, neither Congress nor the President had any say in what was put into the UCMJ


    Seriously bro...

    The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ, 64 Stat. 109, 10 U.S.C. Chapter 47), is the foundation of military law in the United States.

    Uniform Code of Military Justice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The United States Statutes at Large, commonly referred to as the Statutes at Large and abbreviated Stat., is the official source for the laws and concurrent resolutions passed by United States Congress.

    United States Statutes at Large - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  3. #23
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,751

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    No he can't because doing so then any open Gay Person in the Military will be subject to Section 925 Art. 125 this is why DADT came into being.
    Obama can also issue an executive order abolishing Art. 125. Of course, there is a little bit of a hypocritical "gotcha" in doing this, because it would tend to go against Obama's opposition of the unitary president theory. But Bush opened up the door for him on this one. Like him or not, Bush frequently WAS the decider, based on his own use of executive orders. Obama could be a decider too, if he wants to be. And since the Democrats control Congress now, there won't be nearly as much opposition to an Obama executive order as there was to Bush's executive orders. Question is, does Obama have the guts to do it. Bush had the guts, and did it.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    And the DOD is part of what branch of government?
    None it's controlled by all three as are Founding Father want it to.

  5. #25
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    None it's controlled by all three as are Founding Father want it to.
    Dude. Call it a night. Really.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #26
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    The Dept.of Def and the United States Supreme Court, neither Congress nor the President had any say in what was put into the UCMJ
    No.

    The UCMJ was passed by Congress on 5 May 1950, signed into law by President Harry S. Truman, and became effective on 31 May 1951.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Really so may I ask you how long have you been working for the DoD and at the Pentagon huh.

    Question do any of you actually know what Section 925 Art. 125 is huh. Or better yet do any of you know how the comp. came between Mr. Clinton/USSC/DoD for DADT.

    Before any of you shot off your mouths I suggest you go and read what Section 925 Art 125 is then we can talk.
    I suggest you read the Constitution and try to figure out which branch controls the military.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    None it's controlled by all three as are Founding Father want it to.
    3 parts of which government?

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Scorpion...you are wrong. Period. You are making yourself look silly with your continuing argument.
    I'll ask you the same question how long have you been working for the DoD and how long have you been at The Pentagon huh, I might know a little bit more on said subject. He can't change DADT that was part of the Comp. when Mr. Clinton order DADT be enacted.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    No.





    I suggest you read the Constitution and try to figure out which branch controls the military.
    Hmmlet see the Excut. controls the actaul orders, the Legst. controls the Budget and the Judc. control over seeing the UCMJ hence all three of them really folks.

  10. #30
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Obama reaffirms will end "Don't ask Don't tell"

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    I'll ask you the same question how long have you been working for the DoD and how long have you been at The Pentagon huh, I might know a little bit more on said subject. He can't change DADT that was part of the Comp. when Mr. Clinton order DADT be enacted.
    I learned military law from a former Deputy Secretary of Defense. I'm betting he was more familiar with the ins and outs of the UCMJ than you are.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •