Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71

Thread: State Department Lauds Obama's Nobel Peace Prize by Making Jab at Bush

  1. #31
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,252

    Re: State Department Lauds Obama's Nobel Peace Prize by Making Jab at Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    State Department Lauds Obama's Nobel Peace Prize by Making Jab at Bush - Political News - FOXNews.com

    In a clear dig at former President George W. Bush, a State Department spokesman compared President Obama's Nobel Peace Prize to the flying footwear his predecessor faced in Iraq.

    "From our standpoint, you know, we think that this gives us a sense of momentum when the United States has accolades tossed its way, rather than shoes," State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley told reporters on Friday


    Real Classy of this White House, I hope that the Republican's attack the White House over this. If Mr. Obama doesn't fire thi sperson by the end of the weekend then his true colors will be shown, and the Republicans should take the glove's off and go into attack mode.
    Who gives a **** what the State Dept thinks about a Nobel Prize? Hahahahahah
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #32
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: State Department Lauds Obama's Nobel Peace Prize by Making Jab at Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Simple fact if you make a comment about Mr. Obama your label as a Racist did you or Redress make such statement none that I'm aware of but the simple fact is that us who don't like Mr. Obama are called Racist by you folks who like Mr. Obama.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: State Department Lauds Obama's Nobel Peace Prize by Making Jab at Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Are you telling me that if someone came into your place of employment and threw shoes at someone, and that someone then no longer works there, but his replacement was given an award, you couldn't make a joke about his predecessor?

    I fail to see what is so crass about this joke.
    I'm telling you that I would not allow any member of my team to elevate the image of the current CEO with a cras joke at the expense of the previous CEO.

    The joke was made in poor taste. If it was a joke at all.

    I would fire someone without hesitation for stepping over the line like that. I only asked that this jackhole make a public apology.

  4. #34
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: State Department Lauds Obama's Nobel Peace Prize by Making Jab at Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I'm telling you that I would not allow any member of my team to elevate the image of the current CEO with a cras joke at the expense of the previous CEO.

    The joke was made in poor taste. If it was a joke at all.

    I would fire someone without hesitation for stepping over the line like that. I only asked that this jackhole make a public apology.
    I'm sorry. I just don't see what is so bad about insulting an ex-CEO. I don't see how that is a fireable offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: State Department Lauds Obama's Nobel Peace Prize by Making Jab at Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I'm sorry. I just don't see what is so bad about insulting an ex-CEO. I don't see how that is a fireable offense.
    Then I guess I can safely assume you don't work in corporate management. If you did, you would know.

  6. #36
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: State Department Lauds Obama's Nobel Peace Prize by Making Jab at Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Then I guess I can safely assume you don't work in corporate management. If you did, you would know.
    You are correct. I don't think I would do well in corporate management.

    I have always suspected that their egos were fragile. I can understand it's boorish to do so according to Emily Post. I could understand if it was a sitting CEO, but a former one? That just sounds kinda uber-PC to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: State Department Lauds Obama's Nobel Peace Prize by Making Jab at Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Look, we all know Dubya was a less than shining example of what we want in an American president.
    Bush made the serious mistake of thinking that the American people had memories longer than lemmings and for thinking that making a decision and sticking by it is what Americans like and respect.

    His policies were sound, his decisions supported by the majority and he stuck to his principles. What did it get him; nothing more than hatred, demagoguery and insults.

    We now have an indecisive post turtle with little experience in anything more than empty rhetoric and community organizing and he is praised and given awards.

    The worlds standards continue to sink to all time lows and now with Democrats in charge we are watching them ensure that American standards and economy will be no better than a third world nation.

  8. #38
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: State Department Lauds Obama's Nobel Peace Prize by Making Jab at Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Bush made the serious mistake of thinking that the American people had memories longer than lemmings and for thinking that making a decision and sticking by it is what Americans like and respect.

    His policies were sound, his decisions supported by the majority and he stuck to his principles. What did it get him; nothing more than hatred, demagoguery and insults.

    We now have an indecisive post turtle with little experience in anything more than empty rhetoric and community organizing and he is praised and given awards.

    The worlds standards continue to sink to all time lows and now with Democrats in charge we are watching them ensure that American standards and economy will be no better than a third world nation.
    Yes, Bush was full of sound policies. Like the wonderful USA PATRIOT Act of 2001.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: State Department Lauds Obama's Nobel Peace Prize by Making Jab at Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    You are correct. I don't think I would do well in corporate management.

    I have always suspected that their egos were fragile. I can understand it's boorish to do so according to Emily Post. I could understand if it was a sitting CEO, but a former one? That just sounds kinda uber-PC to me.
    It is all about company image. I think the government is pretty much the same.

    I just couldn't imagine speaking ill, in a press covered event, of a former CEO of my organization. That doesn't seem PC to me at all. That just seems like good policy.

    And it's not a bad thing that you think you wouldn't do well in corporate management. That's a plus in most circles.

  10. #40
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: State Department Lauds Obama's Nobel Peace Prize by Making Jab at Bush

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    It is all about company image. I think the government is pretty much the same.

    I just couldn't imagine speaking ill, in a press covered event, of a former CEO of my organization. That doesn't seem PC to me at all. That just seems like good policy.

    And it's not a bad thing that you think you wouldn't do well in corporate management. That's a plus in most circles.
    I saw it more as a simple and humorous quip, not a massive insult. I guess it's all perspective.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •