Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 118

Thread: Woman who carried gun to daughter's football match found shot and killed

  1. #81
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Woman who carried gun to daughter's football match found shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Originally Posted by Vader
    Why would a parole officer kill a woman with a permit to carry? That doesn't make any sense. Apparently, Scott Hain is a murderer and needs to be in prison for the rest of his life.

    Still ... the Sheriff was out of line and needs to lose his badge. She had a permit to carry and she was well within her rights. The

    As far as the Sheriff who confiscated her weapon back in 2008 is concerned there is no evidence as to the mind or mindlessness of that gentleman. Regarding his bathroom techniques e.g. your words “ ‘asswipe ‘ who needs to be removed from law enforcement “ I am sure that not too many people know or care whathis bathroom habits are therefore they are not a factor in this case.
    Stop the hyperbole.
    Priceless

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Woman who carried gun to daughter's football match found shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...-daughterWoman who carried gun to daughter's football match found shot and killed

    Meleanie Hain wears a loaded Glock 26 to her 5-year-old daughter's football match in Pennsylvania in September 2008. Photo: Jim Zengerle/AP

    This is a story still developing and we don't know who killed who and it is very sad.

    What bothers me also about this is that this will become a weapon for the anti-gun freaks. Also people like Meleanie Hain are either very stupid, very immature or both. What the hell was her reason to to go armed to a soccor game. ? That just gives gun owners a bad name. That was even more stupid than the asses who carried weapons neat Obama's adrress.

    I am a gun owner but I do not have to show off my weapons. If you need a weapon for protection fine you do not need o flaunt it unless you are under iminent threat.

    That Meleanie Hain just had a tea bagger mentality. Sorry that she is dead but she was awfull stupid !!!
    STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES --
    Well it sounds like she had a good reason to carry everywhere, I mean her husband ended up killing her.

  3. #83
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Woman who carried gun to daughter's football match found shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadian View Post
    umm... no that wasn't what I was saying. Although exercising free speech doesn't keep you from showing bad judgement or looking like an idiot either.
    SO when is there ever a time in your view to openly bear arms?
    It's not the gun, it who's holding it. I don't trust people who appear paranoid and detached from reality. The fact that a gun is involved only adds intensity to the distrust.
    Someone carrying a gun does not mean they are detached from reality or paranoid. Paranoid suggest unreasonable fear or a baseless fear. We do not know this woman to know whether or not she had or didn't have any reason to be fearful.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #84
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Woman who carried gun to daughter's football match found shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Well it sounds like she had a good reason to carry everywhere, I mean her husband ended up killing her.
    Well if that was true why didn't she have it near her.When she needed it against her husband as you claim. Instead it was in her back pack therefore she did not have it near her hence it appears she was not carrying because of her husband. The weapon was in a pack pack hanging on the kitchen door.

    If she was afraid of her husband and if she felt that he would hurt her she should have had it on her hip as she paraded with it at the soccer game.
    Last edited by F107HyperSabr; 10-12-09 at 04:45 PM.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  5. #85
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Woman who carried gun to daughter's football match found shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post

    Well if that was true why didn't she have it near her.When she needed it against her husband as you claim. Instead it was in her back pack therefore she did not have it near her hence it appears she was not carrying because of her husband. The weapon was in a pack pack hanging on the kitchen door.

    If she was afraid of her husband and if she felt that he would hurt her she should have had it on her hip as she paraded with it at the soccer game.
    With the increase in home invasions.. I always keep a firearm within my reaches... but not cause I don't trust the people I live with.. only cause I don't trust those outside forces.

    I imagine she never thought her husband would kill her... So your argument is pretty disingenuous.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  6. #86
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Woman who carried gun to daughter's football match found shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    With the increase in home invasions.. I always keep a firearm within my reaches... but not cause I don't trust the people I live with.. only cause I don't trust those outside forces.

    I imagine she never thought her husband would kill her... So your argument is pretty disingenuous.
    Yet the argument was made that she obviously needed to carry since her husband did her in. Well if you follow that logic then she should have had it near her.

    Rgarding home invasions and deterent for them keeping the weapon in a backpack hanging on the front door is bad since they would break the door in and then your weapon is behind the door. Keep it where you can reach it and it home invaders break down the door you have access and hopefully a clear shot.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  7. #87
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Woman who carried gun to daughter's football match found shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    Yet the argument was made that she obviously needed to carry since her husband did her in. Well if you follow that logic then she should have had it near her.

    Rgarding home invasions and deterent for them keeping the weapon in a backpack hanging on the front door is bad since they would break the door in and then your weapon is behind the door. Keep it where you can reach it and it home invaders break down the door you have access and hopefully a clear shot.
    Within reach in my definition is on my person or on the table next to me.

    Regarding your first argument... Do you expect your girlfriend / wife to murder you tonight?

    No, you don't... So your argument is retarded, at best.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  8. #88
    Advisor Don't Tase Me Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-22-09 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    446

    Re: Woman who carried gun to daughter's football match found shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    I believe that she acquired the weapon legally. As far as pro gun freaks most are fine. There are the few morons such as this dead woman and the idiots who dispayed there weapons at the Obama speech who behaved like little children.
    In Pennsylvania it is perfectly legal to open carry, so she was well within her rights. The fact you have a problem with someone exercising their rights says more about you than her.

  9. #89
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Woman who carried gun to daughter's football match found shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tase Me Bro View Post
    In Pennsylvania it is perfectly legal to open carry, so she was well within her rights. The fact you have a problem with someone exercising their rights says more about you than her.
    How I possibly have a problem with someone carrying since I have a permit. As regarding with her exercising her right there is nothing wrong with that but from what I read about what she did 2008 she was not just exercising her rights or wearing to defend herself at the soccer game she was showing off or flaunting. Just becasue some one has a right to do something it does not mean that you need to to do it just for the sake of doing it.

    I have stated before that if she was under a threat fine wear it but it it was a yahoo moment then it goes back to what I said earlier and that is she was doing harm to the right to carry.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  10. #90
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Woman who carried gun to daughter's football match found shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Within reach in my definition is on my person or on the table next to me.

    Regarding your first argument... Do you expect your girlfriend / wife to murder you tonight?

    No, you don't... So your argument is retarded, at best.
    Instead of calling another poster's opinion retarded why not pose an itteligent argument. My response was to this statement by Jerry "Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jerry
    Well it sounds like she had a good reason to carry everywhere, I mean her husband ended up killing her.
    Quote:"

    My point is logical since if she indeed had to carry and display because her husband was threatening her or she was afraid then she should have had the weapon near her and not in a back pack on a door knob. If you are carrying becasue you are threatened keep it near you or it is useless.

    Hers was useless !! Greta show at the soccer game but when she needed it she wasn't carrying for practical purposes.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •