Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 171

Thread: ElBaradei says nuclear Israel number one threat to Mideast: report

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: ElBaradei says nuclear Israel number one threat to Mideast: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    The word refers to a person who supports self determination for Jewish people in their ancestral homeland.
    Actually, the early political development of Zionism was somewhat detached from the religious components of the term and the association with Mount Zion, particularly since Herzl himself did not promote the prospect of establishment in Palestine in The Jewish State. The association with Palestine was a later development in the political ideology itself.

  2. #162
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: ElBaradei says nuclear Israel number one threat to Mideast: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    Actually, the early political development of Zionism was somewhat detached from the religious components of the term and the association with Mount Zion, particularly since Herzl himself did not promote the prospect of establishment in Palestine in The Jewish State. The association with Palestine was a later development in the political ideology itself.
    I never said anything about religion.

    I referred to Jewish people in terms of ethnicity.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: ElBaradei says nuclear Israel number one threat to Mideast: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    I never said anything about religion.

    I referred to Jewish people in terms of ethnicity.
    And Zionism originated as a theologically-based movement associated with the standard religion of the Jewish ethnic group. In that sense, there was interest in revival of a formal Jewish community of one form or another in Palestine, but there was no specific interest in Palestine in Zionism's early political manifestation.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    05-20-10 @ 11:02 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    314

    Re: ElBaradei says nuclear Israel number one threat to Mideast: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    And Zionism originated as a theologically-based movement associated with the standard religion of the Jewish ethnic group. In that sense, there was interest in revival of a formal Jewish community of one form or another in Palestine, but there was no specific interest in Palestine in Zionism's early political manifestation.
    Ugh, wrong, please stop posting what you clearly know nothing about.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: ElBaradei says nuclear Israel number one threat to Mideast: report

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerredy View Post
    Ugh, wrong, please stop posting what you clearly know nothing about.
    argument - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

    2 a : a reason given in proof or rebuttal b : discourse intended to persuade
    3 a : the act or process of arguing : argumentation b : a coherent series of statements leading from a premise to a conclusion
    It's the damndest concept, my man!

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: ElBaradei says nuclear Israel number one threat to Mideast: report

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerredy View Post
    I just joined this forum, and this post is so stupid its enough to make me regret coming here.

    I believe that you might be the same person using this moniker on several other forum boards across the web.

    My suggestion, despite being new, is really stop spewing this garbage and saudi-driven propaganda. It is irritating just to have to see it over and over.
    Run along, then. If you're not capable of mustering actual argument, that's bound to be a greater source of irritation than anything I write.

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerredy View Post
    WRONG. I speak some farsi and there was no misquote.
    Ah, of course, and we should all trust your superior comprehension without question even when you don't attempt to provide elaboration on your alleged understanding?

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerredy View Post
    AN also has called israel a tumor and cancer, and denies the holocaust.

    As part russian, I despise this animal for that alone. More russians than jews were murdered in the holocaust.
    Is that a fact, or are you instead referring to Slavs that were usually not Russian citizens? Not that I don't regard the invasion of the Soviet Union as an aggressive crime in and of itself, but your post's a bit lacking in accuracy. What's most ironic is that his most recent comments have questioned the specific focus on Jewish deaths and the alleged exclusion of the other victims of World War II, so your claims are more misguided still.

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerredy View Post
    If this forum seeks qualitative discussion, eliminating posters and nonsesne like the posts i am quoting would be the right place to start.
    Sorry, but it's not happening. You'll have to at least pretend to debate me here. I've eviscerated every post you've made on this forum so far, so you already have some work to do.

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ElBaradei says nuclear Israel number one threat to Mideast: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    I think the disagreement is over the meaning of the term "zionist".

    The word refers to a person who supports self determination for Jewish people in their ancestral homeland. The fact that bigoted things do their utmost to try to twist the meaning of the term into something nasty does not mean that the term is actually nasty -- it only means that these bigots are so motivated by their hatred that they will stop at nothing in order to demonize those they hate.

    Rather than gthe word Zionist as something nasty, yourself, and thus validating the bigots campaign of demonization, it would be far better from your point of view to RECLAIM it by reinforcing its actual meaning.
    An awesome point, Gardener.

    I still firmly believe that some arabs use the term "Zionist" as a negative degrading term.

    Indeed, at one time, it was a harmless reference to Israeli Jews living in their ancestral homeland. When used by a non-hater, this is indeed what it means.

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    05-20-10 @ 11:02 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    314

    Re: ElBaradei says nuclear Israel number one threat to Mideast: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    Run along, then. If you're not capable of mustering actual argument, that's bound to be a greater source of irritation than anything I write.
    You had no respect on the other forum, and you think you can come here and spew the same crud with a get-out-of-jail card. Forget it, honey.

    Ah, of course, and we should all trust your superior comprehension without question even when you don't attempt to provide elaboration on your alleged understanding?
    The iri FM never attempted to clarify his statements, and WTF is AN to comment on the holocaust? What is it iran's business? Iran has nothing to do with it, and only fools and morons cannot see through his racist tripe.

    Is that a fact, or are you instead referring to Slavs that were usually not Russian citizens?
    Go read up on the second world war. There were thousands of russian POWs murdered in concenttration camps...duh

    Not that I don't regard the invasion of the Soviet Union as an aggressive crime in and of itself, but your post's a bit lacking in accuracy.
    Own a mirror?

    What's most ironic is that his most recent comments have questioned the specific focus on Jewish deaths and the alleged exclusion of the other victims of World War II, so your claims are more misguided still.
    Again, WTF is he to comment on the holocaust? Perhaps Castro should start press conferences discussing his expertise and wisdom on the Congo slaughters.

    Sorry, but it's not happening. You'll have to at least pretend to debate me here. I've eviscerated every post you've made on this forum so far, so you already have some work to do.
    Typical internet teen boasting "i've beaten you up in every post and your friends in their posts and uncles too." Spare us the infantile nonsense, you left other forums with your tail between your legs, and eventually the same result will occur here as well. Just a matter of time...

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    05-20-10 @ 11:02 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    314

    Re: ElBaradei says nuclear Israel number one threat to Mideast: report

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    An awesome point, Gardener.

    I still firmly believe that some arabs use the term "Zionist" as a negative degrading term.

    Indeed, at one time, it was a harmless reference to Israeli Jews living in their ancestral homeland. When used by a non-hater, this is indeed what it means.
    Yes, the racists seem to have no issues with 22 arab muslim nations built on koranic theocratic laws, exclusing jews and christians from voting, working, owning land, etc. - BUT - heaven forbid a jew or other minority should ever want sovereignty, and whoa, we just cannot have that, its "racist."

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: ElBaradei says nuclear Israel number one threat to Mideast: report

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerredy View Post
    You had no respect on the other forum, and you think you can come here and spew the same crud with a get-out-of-jail card. Forget it, honey.
    There's absolutely no argument contained in your post, so I didn't see fit to waste time or space by quoting the whole thing. Maybe you want to make a second attempt there, sparky?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •