Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 183

Thread: Chicago doesn't get 2016 Olympics

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Chicago doesn't get 2016 Olympics

    I don't care which party is in favor of the Olympics, whether it's Dems or Republicans. The Olympics are an economic blight on any city they set foot, and people should never welcome them with open arms.

  2. #102
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Chicago doesn't get 2016 Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    I don't care which party is in favor of the Olympics, whether it's Dems or Republicans. The Olympics are an economic blight on any city they set foot, and people should never welcome them with open arms.
    Tell that to the people of Salt Lake City. I bet if you asked whether they would want to host another games you get about 80% saying yes.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #103
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Chicago doesn't get 2016 Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    It's not an argument, its a fact.
    Yes, your opinion is fact. Just saying something is a fact does not make it so, but that is one of your favorite arguments.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #104
    User cmckinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Last Seen
    04-19-11 @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    65

    Re: Chicago doesn't get 2016 Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Usage of the "enter" key would make your posts much easier to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I'm willing to make a sacrifice on my part, take out the 'enter' key off my keyboard and mail it to him if he would only try and use it.
    I think it would be better for all of us if he took The Prof's enter key.
    I cannot trust a man to control others who cannot control himself.

  5. #105
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Chicago doesn't get 2016 Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    All investments have costs. The question is whether you profit from it.





    How do you know he can? That's pure partisan hackery on your part.
    This is so stupid it is amazing. Yes, he can chew bubble gum and walk.


    He in my opinion from viewing his actions and inactions absolutley put the olympics above the troops.
    The inaction you claim is only because he has not done something on a request the pentagon received 1 week ago today, and that the Chief of Staff of the Army, General Casey among others has reservation on. Again, constantly repeating the same retarded line does not make it true.



    wow. so impressed I've defended him more than you praised him. so by your logic, it's not just the Good Reverend who is the "partisan hack"


    I have never seen you say anything positive about Obama. While you may have, it is incredibly rare, while I do criticize Obama and democrats frequently. I am sorry you are blindly hyper-partisan, but that is just how you appear. You throw a fit that Obama has not acted on a week old troop request, and yet if more troops turns out to be a mistake, you and I both know you will bitch about Obama authorizing those troops.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #106
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Chicago doesn't get 2016 Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by cmckinney View Post
    I think it would be better for all of us if he took The Prof's enter key.
    Now that is something liberals and conservatives can all get behind!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #107
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Chicago doesn't get 2016 Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    All investments have costs. The question is whether you profit from it.

    ok, i proved it costs billions, you prove it makes them money or concede. fair?






    This is so stupid it is amazing. Yes, he can chew bubble gum and walk.

    then why are troops still in the dark about what he wants them to do?







    The inaction you claim is only because he has not done something on a request the pentagon received 1 week ago today, and that the Chief of Staff of the Army, General Casey among others has reservation on. Again, constantly repeating the same retarded line does not make it true.

    he campaigned on afghanistan, your 1 week talking point is hackery at its finest.






    I have never seen you say anything positive about Obama. While you may have, it is incredibly rare, while I do criticize Obama and democrats frequently. I am sorry you are blindly hyper-partisan, but that is just how you appear. You throw a fit that Obama has not acted on a week old troop request, and yet if more troops turns out to be a mistake, you and I both know you will bitch about Obama authorizing those troops.



    frequently? when? links please. you have once according to you.



    quick search for me... i am sure i can find more examples.....



    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...isit-iraq.html


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-par...-comments.html


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-ele...den-palin.html


    plus i have been all over idiots who call him a muslim, kenyan, etc.


    You are wrong in your attempt to dismiss me cause you can't handle critisizm of you man there.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #108
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: Chicago doesn't get 2016 Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    "The race for the 2016 Olympics has came down to just Rio de Janeiro and Madrid, with the International Olympic Committee eliminating Chicago in a stunning first round of voting"

    Rio, Madrid still in race for 2016 Olympics - Yahoo! News

    This is too bad, Chicago would have been a great place for the Olympics. I hope Madrid gets it now, I would like to go there more than Brazil and the Olympics would be a great excuse to spend the money.
    Yeah, I would have attempted to go. I love Chicago and would love to go to some events. One of my high school students was in the Beijing Olympics. It was so great to see her represent our country.
    It's time for a revolution in our country. Not a revolution forged with guns and bombs but a revolution forged of compassion and altruism. A revolution that extends a hand to those who don't have and who cannot. A revolution that makes Health Care available to all those in the US.

  9. #109
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Chicago doesn't get 2016 Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I agree. I'm not arguing that if you opposed the Chicago bid its because you hate Obama.

    My focus has been on the Obama-haters who didn't really care about the bid, but are elated that the United States lost the bid so that they can claim it is Obama's failure. They are so transpartent.
    You do have this one kocked Dude or is that Mr. Dude. When I posted in the thread about Pr. Obama going to pitch he Olympics I did say that he was taking a risk and the basic thought about the risk was the failure and that failure is whar is and will fuel the haters.

    This will give the TeaBaggers, Birthers, Birchers, Palinites, and Beckerists a jet fired propulsiion system of hate. Like they actually need a boost.
    Last edited by F107HyperSabr; 10-02-09 at 09:59 PM.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  10. #110
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,434

    Re: Chicago doesn't get 2016 Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
    One of my high school students .....
    Oh no

    Thank you

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •