Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 212

Thread: Guns allowed in Arizona bars starting Wednesday

  1. #111
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Guns allowed in Arizona bars starting Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    There is no better way to ensure a dictator than to go along the "safe" route.

    This Republic created by the founders is based on the rights and liberties of the individual. While of the people, for the people, by the people; the government is still forbidden from doing certain things; such as infringing upon the rights of the individual.
    Was said when our country was first created...

    "We've fought to give you guys a representative republic, as long as you guys can keep it."

    Too many people sacrifice liberty for false safety.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Guns allowed in Arizona bars starting Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    The purpose of government is though...to maintain the defense of this nation. Correct?
    One thing which they do is common defense of our soveriegnty. But the Republic was established, with all it's inefficient divisions of power, to restrict and control government so that it may not act against the rights and liberties of the individual.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #113
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Guns allowed in Arizona bars starting Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by ewm90 View Post
    Well this government is run by the people for the people.

    And all the people I know personally wont a government that keeps us safe. Why have a government such as we have if not to keep us safe why not have a dictator how can do that much better.
    Personally Id rather be in charge of my own safety not the government.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Guns allowed in Arizona bars starting Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Was said when our country was first created...

    "We've fought to give you guys a representative republic, as long as you guys can keep it."

    Too many people sacrifice liberty for false safety.
    My favorite Franklin quote is when he was asked by a reporter after the delegation came up with the Constitution as to what we have. He responded, "A Republic, if you can keep it". I like it and remind myself everyday that it is our responsibility to keep the Republic. To fight for those ideals the founders had, to do what we can to keep the Republic intact and thriving.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #115
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    03-23-12 @ 10:22 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    686

    Re: Guns allowed in Arizona bars starting Wednesday

    relay most dictators to day or in the minority and walk harmful paths to keep in power.

    Take north korea for example the only resign why they still are is because they would blow up soil if they where challenged and if there canons where stopped there government would be opened to attack.

    Kim jon il stays in power because the military wont him if they did not like him he could be replaced not very safe.

    If the people got wind of what what happening they would over thowe the government not very safe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    There is no better way to ensure a dictator than to go along the "safe" route.

    This Republic created by the founders is based on the rights and liberties of the individual. While of the people, for the people, by the people; the government is still forbidden from doing certain things; such as infringing upon the rights of the individual.

  6. #116
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    03-23-12 @ 10:22 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    686

    Re: Guns allowed in Arizona bars starting Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Personally Id rather be in charge of my own safety not the government.
    North Korea is a good place for that. People there don't look to happy.

  7. #117
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Guns allowed in Arizona bars starting Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by ewm90 View Post
    North Korea is a good place for that. People there don't look to happy.
    What? No it's not. Quit being stupid. North Korea, everything is defined and carried out by the State. The people there have no say in their own lives. If anything, it's the scenario you're trying to push us towards. It's the exact opposite of what we call for.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #118
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,550

    Re: Guns allowed in Arizona bars starting Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    One thing which they do is common defense of our soveriegnty. But the Republic was established, with all it's inefficient divisions of power, to restrict and control government so that it may not act against the rights and liberties of the individual.
    Way too many people do not understand that the inefficiency was fully intended.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #119
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Guns allowed in Arizona bars starting Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Way too many people do not understand that the inefficiency was fully intended.
    Which is why I am always suspicious of laws and procedures which are supposed to make government respond faster and more efficiently. I like the inefficient, reactive (not proactive) form of government. Give up some safety, but you gain a lot of defense against tyranny.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #120
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    03-23-12 @ 10:22 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    686

    Re: Guns allowed in Arizona bars starting Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    What? No it's not. Quit being stupid. North Korea, everything is defined and carried out by the State. The people there have no say in their own lives. If anything, it's the scenario you're trying to push us towards. It's the exact opposite of what we call for.
    Most people don't see the government until they try to live the country or do some thing subversive.

    People there died after the tsunami that hit indonesia him them the government actually stopped other countries from offering aid. People died hounders every day from lack of care. If that what you are looking for.

    Thats what I am getting from what you are saying.
    Last edited by ewm90; 09-30-09 at 01:36 PM.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •