Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 226

Thread: Obama going to Denmark to pitch Chicago Olympics

  1. #121
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama going to Denmark to pitch Chicago Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    50 tv appearances.

    17 or so jets and an millions spent to go talk to the olympic committe...


    vs.

    talking to his commander in a-stan once in 70 days

    Saying a decision wont be for weeks.



    His actions speak for themself.
    Hint: most people can do more than one thing at a time. Further hint: is Obama waiting on some report or further information? yet another hint: there is not complete unanimity in the belief that Afghanistan needs or should get more troops among Obama's military advisers, and concern that the size of the force request might be large enough to cause problems elsewhere.

    Of course, none of this will sink in because you just have to assume the worst.

  2. #122
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Obama going to Denmark to pitch Chicago Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hint: most people can do more than one thing at a time. Further hint: is Obama waiting on some report or further information? yet another hint: there is not complete unanimity in the belief that Afghanistan needs or should get more troops among Obama's military advisers, and concern that the size of the force request might be large enough to cause problems elsewhere.

    Of course, none of this will sink in because you just have to assume the worst.



    so how long is too long for you?



    Of course I assume the worst. The worst is getting troops killed while his focus is on trivial crap.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #123
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama going to Denmark to pitch Chicago Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    so how long is too long for you?



    Of course I assume the worst. The worst is getting troops killed while his focus is on trivial crap.
    I do not know how long is too long to be honest. It's 6 days since the troop request hit the Pentagon. This is not too long so far.

  4. #124
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Obama going to Denmark to pitch Chicago Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do not know how long is too long to be honest. It's 6 days since the troop request hit the Pentagon. This is not too long so far.



    I think he should have been on this well before the 6 days. This has been festering since day 1.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #125
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama going to Denmark to pitch Chicago Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I think he should have been on this well before the 6 days. This has been festering since day 1.
    He has made some improvements to things in Afghanistan, and put an increased emphasis on the situation there. I don't think he is somehow uncaring, but I do think it is a difficult, complex issue that not even the top military brass can come to agreement on how to handle. Sometimes things do take time, and it is better to take the time, get a complete analysis from those who are experts(including McChrystal), and make the best decision. The idea that somehow Obama does not care because he is taking the time to try and get it right is not going to fly.

  6. #126
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Obama going to Denmark to pitch Chicago Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    The Afghan war started a year ago?


    When Bush attended the Olympics, what open issue about staying or going or putting in drones was not being addressed? FAIL


    Please. Stop failing so much, it's embarrassing.
    We had a different president a year ago and there was a call for a new strategy that was ignored you werent creating multiple threads bitching about the president doing other things while troops died back then but now you are. The only fail here is with your selective outrage maybe youre used to having a mediocre president

  7. #127
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Obama going to Denmark to pitch Chicago Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    so how long is too long for you?



    Of course I assume the worst. The worst is getting troops killed while his focus is on trivial crap.
    Yeah where was your selective whining for the last 5 years as troops died in afghanistan and the president was off on random boondoggles?

  8. #128
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Obama going to Denmark to pitch Chicago Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    We had a different president a year ago and there was a call for a new strategy that was ignored you werent creating multiple threads bitching about the president doing other things while troops died back then but now you are. The only fail here is with your selective outrage maybe youre used to having a mediocre president



    Show me where bush was piddling about as the troops waited for a decision.


    I'll wait.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #129
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Obama going to Denmark to pitch Chicago Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    He has made some improvements to things in Afghanistan, and put an increased emphasis on the situation there. I don't think he is somehow uncaring, but I do think it is a difficult, complex issue that not even the top military brass can come to agreement on how to handle. Sometimes things do take time, and it is better to take the time, get a complete analysis from those who are experts(including McChrystal), and make the best decision. The idea that somehow Obama does not care because he is taking the time to try and get it right is not going to fly.



    Let me rephrase. I never said, or intended to say he "Did not care", just that it seems his priorities are skrewed.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #130
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Obama going to Denmark to pitch Chicago Olympics

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Strawman fail.

    Your doing it again. Failing....


    Show me what decision the troops were waiting on while Bush fiddled in China.
    Not a strawman fail a reverend hellhound fail this is your tactic with others on dp say they have selective outrage. Show me the topics where you bitched about troops dying in afghanistan as president bush ignored the calls for more troops in afghanistan by mccain and lieberman? Where are the topics from 2007 when general anthony tata was complaining about bush moving troops from afghanistan to iraq? How about the pentagon was saying dispatching troops from afghanistan to iraq would strain the army and marine corp? Selective memory or selective outrage on your part
    Last edited by PogueMoran; 10-01-09 at 04:16 PM.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •