Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 101

Thread: The dead end kids: Young, unemployed and facing tough future

  1. #41
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: The dead end kids: Young, unemployed and facing tough future

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    That's right. That's the basis for my opposition to the additional artificial constrictions placed on individuals with the practical abilities to follow through, such as extensions of compulsory schooling.
    Then you have drawn the wrong conclusion from what I said.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: The dead end kids: Young, unemployed and facing tough future

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Then you have drawn the wrong conclusion from what I said.
    That's probably because what you said had little relevance to my original comment to begin with.

  3. #43
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: The dead end kids: Young, unemployed and facing tough future

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    That's probably because what you said had little relevance to my original comment to begin with.
    Or not.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: The dead end kids: Young, unemployed and facing tough future

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Or not.
    I'm glad you've conceded my point, as evidenced by your lack of an argument. I was afraid that might be a sticky situation for a minute there.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: The dead end kids: Young, unemployed and facing tough future

    .....Young unemployed and facing a tough future? Haha. This article makes it seem like it's something new..... or is it because suburbs kids are now having the "same" problem as innercity kids?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #46
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: The dead end kids: Young, unemployed and facing tough future

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    I'm glad you've conceded my point, as evidenced by your lack of an argument. I was afraid that might be a sticky situation for a minute there.
    I conceded nothing. Since you didn't understand my point, I realized that debating you on it would be pointless.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: The dead end kids: Young, unemployed and facing tough future

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I conceded nothing. Since you didn't understand my point, I realized that debating you on it would be pointless.
    You didn't make a point that was relevant to my original comment to begin with, which was that there were constrictions on youths' human capital acquisition imposed through extended compulsory schooling.

  8. #48
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    northern ca.
    Last Seen
    01-25-10 @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    184

    Re: The dead end kids: Young, unemployed and facing tough future

    I work in oil refineries,and the company I work for is always hiring.Most of the young people we hire seem to want to be, rappers, players,pimps or supervisors from the first day they start.Because they sure don't care about their jobs.
    All of them are told, not to take cell phones into work areas because they could possibly be a ignition source for fires,do they listen heck no,they don't really care,I sometimes think if you gave them a choice between their cell phone and their job, they would take the cell phone.
    We train all of our new people,if they want to learn and advance we single them out for advanced training.
    Pay starts at about $14.00 an hour and if you pay attention and want to learn you can make $28.00 an hour in three years time.And their is tons of overtime,so you can make 60k a year pretty easy after a couple of years.
    We usually get about 1 out of 20 who will make good workers.Part of that is random drug testing.

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: The dead end kids: Young, unemployed and facing tough future

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    You didn't make a point that was relevant to my original comment to begin with
    how many times are you going to accuse your correspondent of not addressing your point, a dozen?

    why?

    why won't anyone repond to what you're SAYING?

    LOLOL!

    is it cuz edmund burke is the original voice of classical liberalism?

    or is it more due to mikhail bakunin embodying the true spirit of libertarianism?

    maybe they're all just a bunch of NEOlibs

    perhaps we should ask comrade hugo

    LOLOLOL!

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: The dead end kids: Young, unemployed and facing tough future

    I've never mentioned Edmund Burke. I'd recommend taking a closer look at that bottle's label.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •