Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 97

Thread: Iran 'concealed nuclear facility'

  1. #11
    User Ward's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Virginia ಠ_ಠ
    Last Seen
    01-21-11 @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    77

    Re: Iran 'concealed nuclear facility'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Or it could be the same reason that many countries want to get nukes, it is a deterrent from the U.S. invading them.
    It's more than likely a number of reasons, but I believe the main one is to blow up Israel. He already said he would and I personally don't like taking chances with nut jobs like him.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Iran 'concealed nuclear facility'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    It's more than likely a number of reasons, but I believe the main one is to blow up Israel. He already said he would and I personally don't like taking chances with nut jobs like him.
    No, he never said he would blow up Israel. Please show the quote stating this.

  3. #13
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,210

    Re: Iran 'concealed nuclear facility'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Or it could be the same reason that many countries want to get nukes, it is a deterrent from the U.S. invading them.
    Well now that's quite the silly thinking there, "let's develop nukes and give the US a reason to invade us so the US won't invade us".
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Iran 'concealed nuclear facility'

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Well now that's quite the silly thinking there, "let's develop nukes and give the US a reason to invade us so the US won't invade us".
    No, it isn't a silly reason, because if they can develop them and hide them successfully the U.S. won't invade them. Tell me what nuclear country the U.S. has invaded?

  5. #15
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,210

    Re: Iran 'concealed nuclear facility'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, it isn't a silly reason, because if they can develop them and hide them successfully the U.S. won't invade them. Tell me what nuclear country the U.S. has invaded?
    This question would only lead to a rational conclusion if it was a based fact that the US invades any nation that has no nukes.

    We can however say that developing nukes is a great way to get your nation invaded, according to History.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  6. #16
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Iran 'concealed nuclear facility'

    How come the CIA didn't connect the dots?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #17
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    07-19-11 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    205

    Re: Iran 'concealed nuclear facility'

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    How come the CIA didn't connect the dots?
    Because we have destroyed the HUMINT department and satellite imagery can only tell you so much. Not to mention other reports that came out about the CIA indicated that there was not a single case officer for Iran. This is a huge failure, especially given the amount of opposition groups in Iran that would love to work with us.
    Last edited by FlanaganReport; 09-25-09 at 01:28 PM.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Iran 'concealed nuclear facility'

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    This question would only lead to a rational conclusion if it was a based fact that the US invades any nation that has no nukes.

    We can however say that developing nukes is a great way to get your nation invaded, according to History.
    We did just invade his neighbor and dispatch him. We are in the area ****ing up other countries. We are not really friends with him. He has right to be scared.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #19
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Iran 'concealed nuclear facility'

    Quote Originally Posted by FlanaganReport View Post
    Because we have destroyed the HUMINT department and satellite imagery can only tell you so much. Not to mention other reports that came out about the CIA indicated that there was not a single case officer for Iran. This is a huge failure, especially given the amount of opposition groups in Iran that would love to work with us.
    I guess Obama didn't want to offend Iran.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Iran 'concealed nuclear facility'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Or it could be the same reason that many countries want to get nukes, it is a deterrent from the U.S. invading them.
    Oh my, you are truly comical today dude. Thanks for another BIG laugh at your expense.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •