Here's some irony - follow my logic:
1. Would most of you agree that only someone with moderate to liberal views would be passionate enough to praise Obama by pushing such lyrics on these children?
2. Those who are most likely to oppose the expression of religious views in public schools usually tend to exhibit moderate to very liberal political views. Right?
3. Some of the lyrics in the song in question are taken from a hymn about Jesus and are used to praise Obama in place of Jesus.
4. Last time I checked, Jesus had something to do with religion.
5. Therefore, it is highly probable that teachers and/or administrators with moderate to very liberal political views taught the religion of Obama to a bunch of unsuspecting kids.
6. I guess that one's view of the validity of teaching religion in public schools can be modified by which god one prays to!
Obama lied... Ambassador Stevens died!
I mean, its not as if people aren't trying to infer relationships between Glen Beck and a census workers murder lately either. That is why it is a circle.
"Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis
But yes, I agree that it is downright silly that people who go crazy at the thought that a child might hear about God in school also support the idolization of Obama.
Look, love him or hate him but the man is this nation's first black president. I don't think anyone should be fired over celebrating that accomplishment. This only looks bad because the songs were discovered in the wake of the President's openning day speech to school children. There's nothing sinister about this song. The lyrics are cheesy, but I find nothing harmful or "indoctrinatory" about it. I mean, the words don't proclaim him to be master of the universe or make such statements as ushering in a new world order. It simply speaks of being proud of this nation and of its president. Nothing more, nothing less.
(Sidenote: I can't view the video from work. So, I don't know if it came out during Black History Month or not. If it did, I'd say the timing of it was appropriate. If not, I'd say the teacher had way too much time on her hands and needs to re-do her lesson plan.)
Last edited by Objective Voice; 09-25-09 at 05:00 PM.