Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 89

Thread: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Police in military gear = military grade police?
    It's actually called tactical gear.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    These G-# summits should be held in a country with a real dictator in power.

    Then lets see if the anarcho-communists have any balls.
    I'd like to suggest Iran for the next G-20 summit. free plane tickets to all anarchists!

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    In both cases, it's really legitimized by color of law...

    Seriously, you're saying that Obama's security is not acting under 'federal' control??

    Of course, it was the police trained to ask for national guard for anything... jaws of life at car wrecks and other 'reasonable' uses of the guard.
    Wow are you this much of amoron did you even go and read the US Code I sited since you ask. I'm guessing no by this post.

    First off the President Security detail is handle by the Secret Service who use both Regular Army units and when need State Guard Units, if you had bothered to read Article 1 Section 8 then you would known this fact. Next anytime that the President of the United State is heading to know hostila enviroment Military Units are deployed not only here during the g-20 but when he goes over sea's on trips memebers of both e 82nd and 100st Airborne are detach as Presidental Guards.

    Now for you last comment yea allot of Guard folks know how to use Jaws of Life considering that close to 1/3 of the Army Guard Folks thru out the USA are Firefighters and or EMTs so it a better the 50/50 chance that some of the Penn. Army Guard Units have Firefighters and EMT in their ranks.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Almost all the G-8/20 summit protest turn out the same way. I'm not about to defend the anarchists, but the riot police in charge look for any pretext whatsoever to shut down the protests. The government leaders don't want there being protests in the first place during the G-20 meetings, and are wiling to suppress activists for any little reason.

    I'd like to know why the police asked them to disperse in the first place. That is a key piece of information we are missing.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Almost all the G-8/20 summit protest turn out the same way. I'm not about to defend the anarchists, but the riot police in charge look for any pretext whatsoever to shut down the protests. The government leaders don't want there being protests in the first place during the G-20 meetings, and are wiling to suppress activists for any little reason.

    I'd like to know why the police asked them to disperse in the first place. That is a key piece of information we are missing.
    Because they didn't have a permit to march into this part of the City, it's in the article if you care toi go and read it.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Because they didn't have a permit to march into this part of the City, it's in the article if you care toi go and read it.
    You shouldn't need a permit to exercise your rights. The riot police and security were in place to prevent the crowd from going further, as they usually are. Dispersing them for lack of a permit is anti-democratic.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    You shouldn't need a permit to exercise your rights. The riot police and security were in place to prevent the crowd from going further, as they usually are. Dispersing them for lack of a permit is anti-democratic.
    No it isn't even in Washington DC you need to get a permit to hold March's the Supreme Court has ruled it no 1st Adm Violation requiring Large Groups to get Permits.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    The groups involved clearly expressed their desire to attack and/or shut down the meetings. There's a reason that the military feels they are under attack.
    Which groups? Where was this announcement made?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    There is a huge difference between infiltrating to collect intelligence on groups that have a history of engaging in criminal acts, and being "agent provocateurs," which is what you're alleging.
    I showed 2 examples already... how many more do you need before you will concede?? I don't want to have to search for all the relevant videos, but I will... would another video be enough? 2? 5? 10? (ok... I probably couldn't find 10 more concrete examples, but I can guarantee that if I look for them I could find 5 more)

    The question is : are these cops that were meant to gather information acting on their own to instigate violence, or under orders??

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Because they didn't have a permit to march into this part of the City, it's in the article if you care toi go and read it.
    Tell me, is this a problem that no groups asked for the permits, or that none of the groups were allowed a permit?

    A small but important distinction... also, note that you don't need a permit to protest, that's protected first ammendment... what they do need a permit for is blocking traffic and to allocate police.

    In other words, if these protestors had stuck to holding their placards and sticking to sidewalks and not blocking traffic, then in spite of the millitary claiming otherwise, it would still be a lawful protest...

    BTW, you were right earlier... at least mostly right... I'll have to assume that Congress did their job prior to the national guard showing up though...

    However, does your point still stand if these national guard checkpoints and all have started to occur nationally??

    We're talking, Ohio, Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky and washington, among other places I'm sure?

    What I mean is that I can see the justification in Pittsburgh, but it's not the only place that this is going on...

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    No it isn't even in Washington DC you need to get a permit to hold March's the Supreme Court has ruled it no 1st Adm Violation requiring Large Groups to get Permits.
    This is true, the permit is to allow you to violate the laws against blocking traffic. So, without a permit, if the people had stuck to sidewalks, and allowed pedestrians to pass, and (just to be extra safe) without bullhorns, then the army and police would be acting unconstitutionally.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    This is true, the permit is to allow you to violate the laws against blocking traffic. So, without a permit, if the people had stuck to sidewalks, and allowed pedestrians to pass, and (just to be extra safe) without bullhorns, then the army and police would be acting unconstitutionally.
    First off you need to get off your little kick about the Guard Units they aren't under the contol of the Federal Govn. the State(s) in this case Penn. control them always have controlled them.

    No they were issued a permit to gather and march in a certain area they violated the terms of the permit hence they were odrer by the Police to break up or be arrested. Please Note I said the Police under both Federal and State Laws and US Codes the National Guard have no authority to arrest Citz. of the United States what they do have is the right to help the Police which in this case was with traffic control and Delegate Protection.

    You really need to go and understand what the Guard can and can't do once again I suggest you start with the US Code I posted in this thread already and then go from their till you do this then I will not discuss this with you anymore because it is clear you have no idea what your talking about.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •