Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 89

Thread: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    Which is why non-lethal methods are used.

    Like I said, these protesters were clogging traffic without a permit. They didn't have the right to protest right there at that time. They were given a fair warning to disperse, and rocks were thrown. The police replied appropriately given the circumstances.
    I'm not certain about this case, but permits can and have been denied...

    I can pretty well promise to you that the people throwing rocks were cops... It's been the case on so many other tmes that it's pretty much standard routine for cops to be sent to the protest dressed as anarchists (in some cases they were wearing police issue boots) to instigate violence, and then to retreat into the crowds and back behind police lines so that the legitimate protestors can then be 'non-lethally' dispersed... though there have been more then a few snuff videos come out of G-8 (or higher) protests...

    For the general public this serves a 2-prong purpose :
    a) protestors get demonized as being violent and so the message is lost
    b) they get to practise using the weapons that would otherwise be gathering dust.

    (On a side note, I've once seen video of a 70 yr old woman that offered a cop a rose and then when she was about 2 ft away the cop shot a tear gas cannister into her chest... I mean the woman was with a walker... anyway)

    Finally... The police response is appropriate, using the armmy / national guard in such a way is illegal, given that a political meeting hardly constitutes an 'emergency', and seriously, if the leaders insisted on an increased security, then it could have been done legally by bringing in a bigger number of police...

  2. #22
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,756

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    First off, I assume that some of the foriegn leaders asked for the heightened security. Remember, not just Obama was there. Many powerful World Leaders also attended. Big need for security.
    Yeah, the Prime Minister of New Zealand is there... John Key.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,756

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    I'm not certain about this case, but permits can and have been denied...

    I can pretty well promise to you that the people throwing rocks were cops... It's been the case on so many other tmes that it's pretty much standard routine for cops to be sent to the protest dressed as anarchists (in some cases they were wearing police issue boots) to instigate violence, and then to retreat into the crowds and back behind police lines so that the legitimate protestors can then be 'non-lethally' dispersed... though there have been more then a few snuff videos come out of G-8 (or higher) protests...

    For the general public this serves a 2-prong purpose :
    a) protestors get demonized as being violent and so the message is lost
    b) they get to practise using the weapons that would otherwise be gathering dust.

    (On a side note, I've once seen video of a 70 yr old woman that offered a cop a rose and then when she was about 2 ft away the cop shot a tear gas cannister into her chest... I mean the woman was with a walker... anyway)

    Finally... The police response is appropriate, using the armmy / national guard in such a way is illegal, given that a political meeting hardly constitutes an 'emergency', and seriously, if the leaders insisted on an increased security, then it could have been done legally by bringing in a bigger number of police...
    How many protests and riots have you been to? I have been in or around more than a few, and I have never once seen anybody that I would consider an undercover cop starting or doing anything. It has always been clearly a kid or punk or protestor. Clearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #24
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Yeah, the Prime Minister of New Zealand is there... John Key.
    I thought he was called Brian?
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    I'm not certain about this case, but permits can and have been denied...

    I can pretty well promise to you that the people throwing rocks were cops... It's been the case on so many other tmes that it's pretty much standard routine for cops to be sent to the protest dressed as anarchists (in some cases they were wearing police issue boots) to instigate violence, and then to retreat into the crowds and back behind police lines so that the legitimate protestors can then be 'non-lethally' dispersed... though there have been more then a few snuff videos come out of G-8 (or higher) protests...

    For the general public this serves a 2-prong purpose :
    a) protestors get demonized as being violent and so the message is lost
    b) they get to practise using the weapons that would otherwise be gathering dust.

    (On a side note, I've once seen video of a 70 yr old woman that offered a cop a rose and then when she was about 2 ft away the cop shot a tear gas cannister into her chest... I mean the woman was with a walker... anyway)

    Finally... The police response is appropriate, using the armmy / national guard in such a way is illegal, given that a political meeting hardly constitutes an 'emergency', and seriously, if the leaders insisted on an increased security, then it could have been done legally by bringing in a bigger number of police...
    So do you have actual proof that it was Pitts. Police that were the ones throwing the rocks, and Rolling the Trash Cans, if so then let see the proof or better yet send it to one of the Drive by Media I'm sure they would love such a story. Also let see the proof from Seattle show all of us who the Cops were who started the Fire's and Destruction. You open this can of worms Sir now it's time for you to answer the call if you can.

    Also I suggest you might want to go and read the Us Constitution as I suggest about how and when the Guard/Militia Units can be used. Also I suggest you go and read up on the fact it was the Visiting World Leaders who requested tighter Security do to what happne in Seattle,Brussel,London to just name a few Cities that have hosted the G-20 Summit.

    We will all be waiting for you proof and links

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    How many protests and riots have you been to? I have been in or around more than a few, and I have never once seen anybody that I would consider an undercover cop starting or doing anything. It has always been clearly a kid or punk or protestor. Clearly.
    I've been to a small handful of different protests... and ya, sometimes it's punk kids doing stupid things. However, the cops have been caught so many times sending people to incite crowds, it's seriously like the standard routine when violence breaks out...

    G20 police 'used undercover men to incite crowds' | Politics | The Observer
    Undercover cops never incited violence: SQ
    The incident occurred as protesters voiced opposition to a meeting of Prime Minister Stephen Harper, United States President George Bush and Mexican President Felipe Calderon Aug. 20 and 21.

    At no time did the officer threaten anyone with the rock or use it to incite actual protesters to violence, Savard said during a news conference at SQ headquarters.

    Infiltrating protest groups with undercover officers is standard police procedure worldwide, he said.
    I'll repeat it, because it's important : STANDARD POLICE PRACTISE!

    Here was the video of that event... you tell me how the cop holding the rock was 'blending in' with the crowd??
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1-WTc1kow"]YouTube - Stop SPP Protest - Union Leader stops provocateurs[/ame]

  7. #27
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,756

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    I thought he was called Brian?
    If that is a joke, I don't get it.
    John Key is the PM on NZ. *shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    I've been to a small handful of different protests... and ya, sometimes it's punk kids doing stupid things. However, the cops have been caught so many times sending people to incite crowds, it's seriously like the standard routine when violence breaks out...

    G20 police 'used undercover men to incite crowds' | Politics | The Observer
    Undercover cops never incited violence: SQ


    I'll repeat it, because it's important : STANDARD POLICE PRACTISE!

    Here was the video of that event... you tell me how the cop holding the rock was 'blending in' with the crowd??
    YouTube - Stop SPP Protest - Union Leader stops provocateurs
    Still waiting for the Proof that Pitts Police started throwing Rocks and Trash Cans, oh the funny thing about you little link is it from the Guardain a real great English Newspaper, I suggest you might want to go and read the final report that the Metro Police of London and Scotland Yard put out. It tells of a very different story on what happen in London.

    Also still waiting for the Proof that it was the Cops in Seattle who started all the Fires and Destruction
    Last edited by Scorpion89; 09-24-09 at 10:06 PM.

  9. #29
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    As soon as I saw this thread I thought, wow left wing lunatic violence. I wonder if the same folks who want to tar and feather the ring wing for the actions of a few nutjobs will come here and do the same to the left. Somehow I doubt it.

    I eagerly await the hypocritical displays of blind partisan hackery that are destined to come to this thread.
    There is no reason to wait for the future to satisfy your fetish since the OP has already gone wild eye rank partisanship !! LOL !! [QUOTE "Also why is it when a bunch of so-called Extreme Right Wing Folks have a March in Washington DC not a single act of violance or any arrest happens but when the idiots on the Left be it these morons or the Anti-Bush Crowd hold a March there is always Arrest and Violance. So who is the side that should be watched allot closer???? .[/QUOTE]
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  10. #30
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: G-20 opponents, police clash on Pittsburgh streets

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    If that is a joke, I don't get it.
    John Key is the PM on NZ. *shrugs*
    It was a Flight of the Concords reference.

    Prime Minister (Flight of the Conchords) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Awesome show.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •