Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Stimulus funds boost number of federal jobs

  1. #21
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,875

    Re: Stimulus funds boost number of federal jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    That cartoon does pretty well put in the proper perspective don’t you think?
    If you're a far out Left wing Libbo, sure. I mean, you still think that Bush caused the recession.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  2. #22
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,480

    Re: Stimulus funds boost number of federal jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If you're a far out Left wing Libbo, sure. I mean, you still think that Bush caused the recession.
    I yam, what I yam and that is all I yam as Popeye said.

    But one thing “I” didn’t say is that bush caused the recession. What I did was call it the bush recession, as it was started on his watch, that has been the way of labeling recessions as long as I can remember.

    What I did say was when bush cut the taxes in 2001 and again in 2003 that imo that exacerbated this economic crisis that we are now coming out of. I am not alone in this thought, in 2003, 450 economist including ten Nobel Prize Laureates urged bush not to cut the taxes. Here is the reason they gave for their opposition.

    (According to the statement, the 450 plus economists who signed the statement believe that the 2003 Bush tax cuts will increase inequality and the budget deficit, decreasing the ability of the U.S. government to fund essential services, while failing to produce economic growth.)

    Kinda looks like they were spot on to me.
    “I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to remain flexible at all times.”

    Sen. Everett Dirksen.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Conservative Part of California
    Last Seen
    04-12-11 @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    285

    Re: Stimulus funds boost number of federal jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post


    This cartoon pretty well sums up the Acorn hysteria from the right.
    I got so caught up in attacking those who aid child prostitution, I lost perspective.

    Though there is that "do onto others" thingy. I think I'd want to be notified if the NRA started handing out advice on how to use child prostitution to smuggle in firearms.

  4. #24
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,480

    Re: Stimulus funds boost number of federal jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Metternich View Post
    I got so caught up in attacking those who aid child prostitution, I lost perspective.

    Though there is that "do onto others" thingy. I think I'd want to be notified if the NRA started handing out advice on how to use child prostitution to smuggle in firearms.

    You really should get up to date, the Acorn thingy is almost two weeks old,its so old news.The current thingy from faux (at least the one that ended yesterday) to get indignant about was some teacher teaching children to sing verse about the President. Of course if you check in early tomorrow I’m sure faux news will update you on the latest thingy to be indignant about.
    Last edited by Donc; 09-27-09 at 10:48 PM.
    “I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to remain flexible at all times.”

    Sen. Everett Dirksen.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Conservative Part of California
    Last Seen
    04-12-11 @ 02:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    285

    Re: Stimulus funds boost number of federal jobs

    I'm okay with Sunday school songs with the word 'God' replaced with 'Obama.'

    Zum letzten Mal wird nun Appell geblasen!
    Zum Kampfe steh'n wir alle schon bereit!
    Bald flattern Hitlerfahnen über Barrikaden.
    Die Knechtschaft dauert nur noch kurze Zeit


    [For the last time the call will now be blown;
    For the struggle now we all stand ready.
    Soon will fly Hitler-flags over every street;
    Slavery will last only a short time longer.
    ]

    Sorry, wrong era? I've never been good at this socially minded public spirit stuff. My humblest apologies.

    But not, I'm not very disgruntled by it. Still all so focused on the 'child prostitution helpers,' how pathetic is that? Can't I just grow up and accept it?
    Last edited by Metternich; 09-27-09 at 10:59 PM.

  6. #26
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,480

    Re: Stimulus funds boost number of federal jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Metternich View Post
    I'm okay with Sunday school songs with the word 'God' replaced with 'Obama.'

    Zum letzten Mal wird nun Appell geblasen!
    Zum Kampfe steh'n wir alle schon bereit!
    Bald flattern Hitlerfahnen über Barrikaden.
    Die Knechtschaft dauert nur noch kurze Zeit


    [For the last time the call will now be blown;
    For the struggle now we all stand ready.
    Soon will fly Hitler-flags over every street;
    Slavery will last only a short time longer.
    ]

    Sorry, wrong era? I've never been good at this socially minded public spirit stuff. My humblest apologies.

    But not, I'm not very disgruntled by it. Still all so focused on the 'child prostitution helpers,' how pathetic is that? Can't I just grow up and accept it?
    If this post was directed at me,your going to have to clear some of this up before I can understand wth you mean.
    “I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to remain flexible at all times.”

    Sen. Everett Dirksen.

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,817
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Stimulus funds boost number of federal jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    You really should get up to date, the Acorn thingy is almost two weeks old,its so old news.The current thingy from faux (at least the one that ended yesterday) to get indignant about was some teacher teaching children to sing verse about the President. Of course if you check in early tomorrow I’m sure faux news will update you on the latest thingy to be indignant about.
    Hmm if that is such "old news" then I'm sure that you would agree that Bush is old news also and much of what is going on at this point is Obama's do. After all Obama is current events. Bush is past events right?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #28
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,480

    Re: Stimulus funds boost number of federal jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Hmm if that is such "old news" then I'm sure that you would agree that Bush is old news also and much of what is going on at this point is Obama's do. After all Obama is current events. Bush is past events right?
    He sure is yesterday’s news and I don’t see anyone getting indigent about him, just posting facts, right?
    “I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to remain flexible at all times.”

    Sen. Everett Dirksen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •