Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 340

Thread: Census worker hanged, "FED" written on his chest

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Census worker hanged, "FED" written on his chest

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You are trying to paint this as some kind of right or left issue and anti government sentiment comes from both sides. It is your silly partisan politics forcing you to take an extreme view of everything around you. It is sad really.
    I feel sorry for this man and his family. When all is said and done, he died in a heinous, tragic way that has to be terribly painful for them to think about.

    He's a crime victim, not a political football.

  2. #252
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Census worker hanged, "FED" written on his chest

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    None of the several articles said it did and said it is most likely other things, every article.

    Do you have evidence showing otherwise?



    He went with the most likely cause, not the least likely, Occam's razor.

    You are trying to paint this as some kind of right or left issue and anti government sentiment comes from both sides. It is your silly partisan politics forcing you to take an extreme view of everything around you. It is sad really.

    As for the incident itself, Occam's razor seems to be in effect in the articles. You should follow suit and stop trying to blame everything on some kind of evil violent right wing crap.
    The circumstances of his death have given rise to speculation in the US media that Sparkman was killed because of his connection to the federal government at a time of rising dissent against what some see as Washington meddling in people's daily lives.

    Some reporters have also theorised that Sparkman's work for the Census Bureau - which is a federal government agency - linked him in the minds of his killers in conservative, mainly white rural Kentucky with President Barack Obama, the first black US president.
    There's media speculation from msn that he was killed for political reasons. That enough for you to at least concede it was a possibility?

    US police probe 'Fed' worker death
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  3. #253
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Census worker hanged, "FED" written on his chest

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And the political hackery continues from the left and right.

    Thank you for a perfect example of what I was talking about.
    It would be more accurate to say that political hackery continues from the political hacks. I don't think that most of either the left or right wants to claim these hacks.

  4. #254
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Census worker hanged, "FED" written on his chest

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    from the AP



    He duct tape on his eyes and his neck, and his Census ID was taped on him. Can you give me any self-suffocation case even similar?
    Yes, I can actually. Are you sure you want to see them?

    If so, I'll pm them to you.


    I've been looking some of them up on the web, since I knew that someone would ask.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  5. #255
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Census worker hanged, "FED" written on his chest

    AP Exclusive: Son sure Ky. census taker was slain
    By JEFFREY McMURRAY (AP) 6 hours ago

    LONDON, Ky. Josh Sparkman lost the only family he ever really had when his census worker father was found hanging from a tree in rural Kentucky, his feet and hands duct-taped and the word "fed" scrawled on his chest.

    Now the 19-year-old wants answers from investigators who will not even confirm Bill Sparkman was slain more than two weeks after his body was found.

    "I look at it as disrespectful to be still throwing suicide and accident around," Josh Sparkman told The Associated Press in a phone interview Tuesday. "He didn't do this to himself. That's dishonorable. My dad was a good man. No person on this planet is going to fight cancer like he did, then turn around and kill himself a year or so later."

    The Associated Press: AP Exclusive: Son sure Ky. census taker was slain

  6. #256
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Census worker hanged, "FED" written on his chest

    I have nothing but sympathy for the son, whatever happened to his father.

    I also must stress, very, very firmly that if his father died as I guess in an accident, this does not detract from his accomplishments, value to his community, love for his family or anything else admirable about him on iota.

    We all have things in our private lives that we'd not want generally known. I suspect that most of us have secrets we'd consider dying to protect.

    This class of activities that I suspect the gentleman was engaged in are dangerous, and very hard for survivors to understand if the secret is revealed through death. I read somewhere years ago, that the first reaction of survivors is often to prefer to believe that the death was a murder or even a suicide rather than an accident of this sort.

    I don't want anyone to think that my guess as to the cause of death in any way condemns the victim, even if true. At most, I condemn the rush of many people in the media, other forums and some blogs to categorize this automatically as a political murder. It may be, but the evidence is far from complete.

    Does anyone know, by the way, if the FBI has taken over the investigation, as I expect they would if the investigators believe it to be a political murder of a federal employee?
    Last edited by Oftencold; 09-30-09 at 01:06 AM.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Census worker hanged, "FED" written on his chest

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    I have nothing but sympathy for the son, whatever happened to his father.

    I also must stress, very, very firmly that if his father died as I guess in an accident, this does not detract from his accomplishments, value to his community, love for his family or anything else admirable about him on iota.

    We all have things in our private lives that we'd not want generally known. I suspect that most of us have secrets we'd consider dying to protect.

    This class of activities that I suspect the gentleman was engaged in are dangerous, and very hard for survivors to understand if the secret is revealed through death. I read somewhere years ago, that the first reaction of survivors is often to prefer to believe that the death was a murder or even a suicide rather than an accident of this sort.

    I don't want anyone to think that my guess as to the cause of death in any way condemns the victim, even if true. At most, I condemn the rush of many people in the media, other forums and some blogs to categorize this automatically as a political murder. It may be, but the evidence is far from complete.

    Does anyone know, by the way, if the FBI has taken over the investigation, as I expect they would if the investigators believe it to be a political murder of a federal employee?
    So it is your position that this man died a accidental death? If so what exactly are you basing that prediction on? What "Class of activity" do you suspect this man was engaged in?

  8. #258
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: Census worker hanged, "FED" written on his chest

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    But why some worthless, piss-ant census worker?
    Why do anti-government groups of all ideologies kill irrelevant fat cops? Why lynch snot nosed white kids trying to register black voters? Attention. The position of a person's is unimportant if one finds they are representative of an organization/group they oppose. The FACT that they wrote FED on this person is enough for me to know that they didn't really care about who he was as much as who he worked for.

    The guy probably stumbled upon some drug producers who didn't want him exposing or compromising their operation. Rabid anti-government sentiment in certain parts of Appalachia has predated the existence of any tea-parties or conservative marches on Washington. Occam’s razor points to this.
    Probability means nothing.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 09-30-09 at 01:59 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #259
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Census worker hanged, "FED" written on his chest

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    So it is your position that this man died a accidental death? If so what exactly are you basing that prediction on? What "Class of activity" do you suspect this man was engaged in?
    Have y6ou read my other posts in this thread?

    I suspect, strongly, that he died of autoerotic suffocation. The scene, from what descriptions have leaked out, sounds like a classic example:
    • clothes off, but not socks as though someone were concerned for his comfort
    • clothes nearby in waiting vehicle that may have been his
    • bondage elements, including tape around neck which may have been to protect the neck from injury
    • feet in contact with the ground
    • no reports of signs of violence other than the hanging itself


    As I say, this is my guess, and I strongly suspect that it's correct, if for no other reason than the obvious reluctance of the authorities to declare the incident a homicide. It seems obvious that they no something we don't.

    The main argument against my supposition from the supposed facts that have leaked or been released is that his hands were reportedly bound. However, people involved in bondage often find ingenious ways to simulate bound hands.

    So, we'll have to wait for a proper verdict.
    Last edited by Oftencold; 09-30-09 at 02:04 AM.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  10. #260
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Census worker hanged, "FED" written on his chest

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    Have y6ou read my other posts in this thread?

    I suspect, strongly, that he died of autoerotic suffocation. The scene, from what descriptions have leaked out, sounds like a classic example:
    • clothes off, but not socks as though someone were concerned for his comfort
    • clothes nearby in waiting vehicle that may have been his
    • bondage elements, including tape around neck which may have been to protect the neck from injury
    • feet in contact with the ground
    • no reports of signs of violence other than the hanging itself


    As I say, this is my guess, and I strongly suspect that it's correct, if for no other reason than the obvious reluctance of the authorities to declare the incident a homicide. It seems obvious that they no something we don't.

    The main argument against my supposition from the supposed facts that have leaked or been released is that his hands were reportedly bound. However, people involved in bondage often find ingenious ways to simulate bound hands.

    So, we'll have to wait for a proper verdict.
    I think that there is a 99.9999% chance that you are dead wrong. There is absolutely ZERO that has come out that points in that direction. Even today his son came out demanding to know what the investigators know. I think the son would know if his dad had these tendencies and would most probably be hesitant to come out publicly demanding information from authorties.

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •