Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 128

Thread: Germany Will Walk Out of U.N. if Ahmadinejad Denies Holocaust

  1. #21
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Germany Will Walk Out of U.N. if Ahmadinejad Denies Holocaust

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    naw you lost it when you elected Bush. But you are working to get the respect back.. no easy after pissing on the rest of the world for a decade.

    and when will the right wingers stop using the "guilt" card in their attacks.. you no better than Ahmadinejad for god sake.
    We lost our morales by excercising our god given rights? That's kinda silly, dontcha think?

    If having our morale compass means that we have a weak kneed prez that sucks up to the worst dictators in the world, then I believe we're much better off without our morale compass. But, the only way that the Europeans can say they respect us, is if we kiss their asses, anyway. So, we're better off if they all hate us. It's all good, in reality, you all know which side your bread is buttered on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #22
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Germany Will Walk Out of U.N. if Ahmadinejad Denies Holocaust

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    You lost that long ago.
    I can only laugh at the irony when some European has the temerity to talk about the US losing it's moral compass. How anyone can seriously entertain such an argument is beyond me.

  3. #23
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,497

    Re: Germany Will Walk Out of U.N. if Ahmadinejad Denies Holocaust

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post

    First off Bush was elected in highly controversial circumstances broadcast all around the world. YES the world was amazed that in the US, elections could go that wrong and have to be settled in a court of law.. That happens in the 3rd world, not in what many up to that point saw as the beacon of democracy, liberty and freedom. How could the US from that day on, go around preaching democracy and freedom, when they could not even figure out how to count their own freaking votes in an election.
    And anyone who came to that conclusion is a moron.

    What do you suggest the proper way to have decided the outcome in FL should have been, consistent with election law?

    If it was so obviously wrong, let's see your detailed plan. Put up or shut up.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #24
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Germany Will Walk Out of U.N. if Ahmadinejad Denies Holocaust

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    And anyone who came to that conclusion is a moron.

    What do you suggest the proper way to have decided the outcome in FL should have been, consistent with election law?

    If it was so obviously wrong, let's see your detailed plan. Put up or shut up.
    I dont suggest anything, just stating a fact. Sorry if you dont like that fact.
    PeteEU

  5. #25
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dallas-Ft.Worth
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    541

    Re: Germany Will Walk Out of U.N. if Ahmadinejad Denies Holocaust

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    I can only laugh at the irony when some European has the temerity to talk about the US losing it's moral compass. How anyone can seriously entertain such an argument is beyond me.
    Indeed! Very profound. It makes you laugh and ask how they can "entertain" such an argument?........fascinating.

    I'll have to sleep on all that information you gave us just to let it sink in.
    Last edited by dragondad; 09-23-09 at 12:40 PM.

  6. #26
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Germany Will Walk Out of U.N. if Ahmadinejad Denies Holocaust

    Quote Originally Posted by dragondad View Post
    Indeed! Very profound.
    Likewise ...

  7. #27
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,171

    Re: Germany Will Walk Out of U.N. if Ahmadinejad Denies Holocaust

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    I dont suggest anything, just stating a fact. Sorry if you dont like that fact.
    Fact is that wasn't a fact.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #28
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Germany Will Walk Out of U.N. if Ahmadinejad Denies Holocaust

    Quote Originally Posted by dragondad View Post
    Indeed! Very profound. It makes you laugh and ask how they can "entertain" such an argument?........fascinating. I'll have to sleep on all that infomation just to let it sink in.
    Done editing that post, or is there any more foolishness you plan on squeezing in?

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Germany Will Walk Out of U.N. if Ahmadinejad Denies Holocaust

    Um, anyway...

    I think walking out would be a mistake. Ahmadinejad is just doing it to be inflammatory, I don't think he genuinely even believes his own words. Most of his political career has been spent firing pot shots at Western nations in order to garner support from the radical right in Iran. Being a holocaust denier just fits with his usual repertoire.

    If Germany walks out, or if the U.S. were to censor him, it would show that his childish tactics are so effective that diplomats will avoid a UN conference. The proper thing would be to bear it and grin, and then proceed as normal.

    After all, you don't leave the bus when a ranting, mentally disturbed person enters it, do you? No. You let them have their piece, as uncomfortable as it makes you, then you go on about your life.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Germany Will Walk Out of U.N. if Ahmadinejad Denies Holocaust

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Has nothing to do with partisan crap.. but facts.

    First off Bush was elected in highly controversial circumstances broadcast all around the world. YES the world was amazed that in the US, elections could go that wrong and have to be settled in a court of law.. That happens in the 3rd world, not in what many up to that point saw as the beacon of democracy, liberty and freedom. How could the US from that day on, go around preaching democracy and freedom, when they could not even figure out how to count their own freaking votes in an election.

    Secondly Iraq. Need I say more?

    Thirdly Gitmo and Abu Graib.. Need I say more?

    While no country has a "moral compass" really, the US always had an aura of being what everything is good about democracy and liberty in the free world, but that was shattered during the Bush administration. Obama is trying to rebuild that aura but he has one hell of a steep hill to climb and I am not even certain that he is doing it in the right way yet. Time will tell.
    Well maybe you should educate yourself. It wasn't the first time it went down to the wire like that. Sorry we disappointed you but piss off. We have a system in check for it, and yeah Gore did open a can of worms in that election I agree; but we got past it.

    Second, we out of Iraq? You seem to be on the Obama boat and like the other r-tards that bought into the Hope and Change mantra, you seem not to have information.

    Third, Gitmo closed down? Oh yeah...it's not. Obama is the same as Bush and your hyperpartisan BS is shown for exactly what it is because of it. We are not a moral compass, we do believe in liberty. But that whole democracy and liberty in the free world...that's what the Bush admin used to justify Iraq so maybe you should watch what you say else your horrible partisan nature will once again be shown. I'm not for democracy and liberty in the "free world". I'm for freedom and liberty in America and the rest of you bastards can just take care of your own god damned business.
    Last edited by Ikari; 09-23-09 at 12:47 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •