Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Russia general says missile plan not shelved

  1. #11
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,217

    Re: Russia general says missile plan not shelved

    With all due respect, Russia's general should be shelved - that was not the Kremlin's statement.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #12
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Russia general says missile plan not shelved

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    1: The point is that you deploy the defense -before- they have the capability
    2: The cost of a nuke going off over Paris is far less
    3: Same can be said for every other weapons system ever deoplyed.


    Given the ABM system would have no effect on Russian deterrence -- how can this be?


    So, he sold out our European allies to gain some degree of favor with the Russians.
    This sounds familiar.
    Maybe we should start referring to The Obama as The Neville.
    Yeah because Obama obviously ceded Czech to the Germans. Good lord the Aegis System that Obama proposed we use would cover the same amount of territory as the land based system.

  3. #13
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Russia general says missile plan not shelved

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Yeah because Obama obviously ceded Czech to the Germans. Good lord the Aegis System that Obama proposed we use would cover the same amount of territory as the land based system.
    And so how do the Russian's argument not equally apply?

  4. #14
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Russia general says missile plan not shelved

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    And so how do the Russian's argument not equally apply?
    Your complaint was that he ceded Europe when he replaced one defense system for another

  5. #15
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Russia general says missile plan not shelved

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Your complaint was that he ceded Europe when he replaced one defense system for another
    1: PART of my complaint
    2: That doesnt answer my question.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 09-24-09 at 02:52 PM.

  6. #16
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Russia general says missile plan not shelved

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    1: PART of my complaint
    2: That doesnt answer my question.
    Neither system would be a deterance so what is your actual complaint?

  7. #17
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Russia general says missile plan not shelved

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Neither system would be a deterance so what is your actual complaint?
    Neother systesm has any effect on Russian deterrence, and so Russians complaints to that effect apply equally to both system.

    Therefore, nothing here changes the relationship between the Russians and US/Europe in that the Russians can and will make exactly the same complaint and the same useful idiots that bought into the last complaint will buy into the next one.

    As I said befoere -- the Russians know their audience.

  8. #18
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Russia general says missile plan not shelved

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Neother systesm has any effect on Russian deterrence, and so Russians complaints to that effect apply equally to both system.

    Therefore, nothing here changes the relationship between the Russians and US/Europe in that the Russians can and will make exactly the same complaint and the same useful idiots that bought into the last complaint will buy into the next one.

    As I said befoere -- the Russians know their audience.
    News today, Russia will agree to further sanctions on Iran.

  9. #19
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Russia general says missile plan not shelved

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Neother systesm has any effect on Russian deterrence, and so Russians complaints to that effect apply equally to both system.

    Therefore, nothing here changes the relationship between the Russians and US/Europe in that the Russians can and will make exactly the same complaint and the same useful idiots that bought into the last complaint will buy into the next one.

    As I said befoere -- the Russians know their audience.
    So if neither system would deter Russia what was with your complaint about Obama being Neville Chamberlain and ceding Europe if its outside his control?

  10. #20
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Russia general says missile plan not shelved

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    So if neither system would deter Russia what was with your complaint about Obama being Neville Chamberlain and ceding Europe if its outside his control?
    That should be obvious.
    We said we'd do something to help protect our allies.

    We then decided we'd not do that something because to do so brings a dishonest complant from someone that used to occupy those allies.

    So, we sold out our friends because the Russians are lying to everyone.

    Now, we are, supposedly, going to put the Aegis system in place -- but that system has the same effect on Russian deterrence (that is, none), and so the Russians, seeing that their lies worked the first time, have no reason to not continue to lie about the arrangement. When they do so, there's no reason the useful idiots will not demand that we cave into those lies as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •