Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 123

Thread: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

  1. #71
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Only it TD land could a reply about hospitals treating “indigents”, be interpreted as (Fantastical argument for making it a public program; “illegals” deserve healthcare too) and get a response like this (desperate effort to support your hysterical false assertions?)

    How’s the life in that parallel universe you reside in TD?



    Ah yes, looks like TD,s fine tuned hot key is getting a good workout in this thread. What part of this confuses you TD?

    (Families USA is a national nonprofit, non-partisan organization dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care for all Americans. Working at the national, state, and community levels, we have earned a national reputation as an effective voice for health care consumers for 25 years.)


    Families USA: About Us Home

    Could it be that part of your brain rejects the term “nonprofit”, or the part that it is a “non-partisan organization” dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care for all Americans with suspicion?
    ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, is the nation's largest community organization of low- and moderate-income families, working together for social justice and stronger communities.
    ACORN: About ACORN

    I suppose that if I read further I would find that Acorn is also a non-partisan organization.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    How’s the life in that parallel universe you reside in TD?
    Your irony comes full circle dude.

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Ah yes, looks like TD,s fine tuned hot key is getting a good workout in this thread. What part of this confuses you TD?

    (Families USA is a national nonprofit, non-partisan organization dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care for all Americans. Working at the national, state, and community levels, we have earned a national reputation as an effective voice for health care consumers for 25 years.)


    Families USA: About Us Home

    Could it be that part of your brain rejects the term “nonprofit”, or the part that it is a “non-partisan organization” dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care for all Americans with suspicion?
    First off, what part of my comments had anything “partisan” in them? Oh that’s right; NONE of them did.

    I see that aside from your being incapable of comprehending anything written in the English language you also have trouble distinguishing the terms “agenda” from “partisan.”

    Your source and the data therein, are derived from an organization devoted to a single payer public healthcare system and make no bones about it. What part of AGENDA do you continue to not comprehend?

    I am not sure if your are just intellectually incapable of comprehension or just selectively choosing to feign complete and utter ignorance.

    As for the non-partisan BS, I find that claim on the website with the AGENDA amusing in that its founder is a complete and total Liberal Democrat. The notion that this is not a partisan issue certainly would require the willing suspension of disbelief:

    In 1997, Mr. Pollack was appointed by President Clinton as the sole consumer representative on the Presidential Advisory Commission on Consumer Protection and Quality in the Health Care Industry. In that capacity, Mr. Pollack helped prepare the Patients’ Bill of Rights that has been enacted by many state legislatures.

    Mr. Pollack received his law degree from New York University where he was an Arthur Garfield Hays Civil Liberties Fellow.

    Mr. Pollack was also the Founding Executive Director of the Food Research and Action Center (FRAC), a leading national organization focused on eliminating hunger in the U.S. Two of his notable accomplishment at FRAC include: (1) arguing two successful cases on the same day in the U.S. Supreme Court to secure food aid for low-income Americans; and (2) the successful federal litigation that resulted in the creation of the WIC program for malnourished mothers and infants.


    Bios Ron Pollack

  3. #73
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,657

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Would a rose by any other name not smell the same?

    Good shot Steph!

    Read my lips. No new taxes. (Just a bunch of tolls, fees, penalties, and other incidental stuff. But no taxes.)

    Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Would a rose by any other name not smell the same?

    Good shot Steph!

    Read my lips. No new taxes. (Just a bunch of tolls, fees, penalties, and other incidental stuff. But no taxes.)

    Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
    Correction; meet the new boss. Worse than the old boss.

  5. #75
    Student JakeFromWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stevens Point, WI
    Last Seen
    10-13-10 @ 05:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    282

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Can you say maximum pwnage? Words mean things Mr. President, the healthcare bills would require an across the board tax increase, the middle lower class which is already tightening their belts will have to do so again, this combined with his cap and trade initiative will only further hurt folks who are already seriously hurting due to this administration mismanagement of the economy. But after all that is what the Radical in Chief really wants IE to bring the bourgeois middle class down to the level of the proletariat because he knows that's the only possible way they would ever accept his revolutionary socialist agenda and initiatives.
    You are not serious.
    and so it goes...

  6. #76
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Truth Detector;

    First off, what part of my comments had anything “partisan” in them? Oh that’s right; NONE of them did.
    Silly me, thinking you to be a PARTISIAN.

    from post # 55. This interchange between two Democrats was priceless.

    From post#60. The good news about this thread topic is that many are not falling for the BS this adminstration is spewing.

    From post #64. The notion that my comments above are about nothing is merely another of your Liberal "because I say its so.

    I see that aside from your being incapable of comprehending anything written in the English language you also have trouble distinguishing the terms “agenda” from “partisan.”

    Your source and the data therein, are derived from an organization devoted to a single payer public healthcare system and make no bones about it. What part of AGENDA do you continue to not comprehend?
    Only in TD land is “healthcare reform” considered an agenda, consider these facts TD.

    Fact=National health spending is expected to reach $2.5 trillion in 2009, accounting for 17.6 percent of the gross domestic product (GDP).

    Fact=The average increase in national health expenditures is expected to be 6.2 percent per year, while the GDP is expected to increase only 4.1 percent per year.

    Fact= The average employer-sponsored premium for a family of four costs close to $13,000 a year.

    Fact=The Congressional Budget Office has estimated that job-based health insurance could increase 100 percent over the next decade.

    Fact
    =Families USA’s mission is to achieve high-quality, affordable health coverage for everyone in the U.S.

    After all of these facts TD are you saying that healthcare doesn’t need reforming?BY the way there is someone else that thinks healthcare needs reforming.

    Who knows you might have even voted for this one.

    California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Republican, said in a health care speech earlier this month: "We've got to stop that hidden tax. Everyone must be insured."

    I am not sure if your are just intellectually incapable of comprehension or just selectively choosing to feign complete and utter ignorance.
    Intellectually incapable of comprehension…. you must be looking in mirror . I think that’s your bag, after all you seem to confuse illegals with indigents.

    As for the non-partisan BS, I find that claim on the website with the AGENDA amusing in that its founder is a complete and total Liberal Democrat. The notion that this is not a partisan issue certainly would require the willing suspension of disbelief:
    So…it doesn’t alter the fact that 37% of insurance payments go for indigent care. Do you have anything to refute that,or are you just intent on smearing the messenger?

    In 1997, Mr. Pollack was appointed by President Clinton as the sole consumer representative on the Presidential Advisory Commission on Consumer Protection and Quality in the Health Care Industry. In that capacity, Mr. Pollack helped prepare the Patients’ Bill of Rights that has been enacted by many state legislatures.


    Mr. Pollack received his law degree from New York University where he was an Arthur Garfield Hays Civil Liberties Fellow.


    See above.

    Mr. Pollack was also the Founding Executive Director of the Food Research and Action Center (FRAC), a leading national organization focused on eliminating hunger in the U.S. Two of his notable accomplishment at FRAC include: (1) arguing two successful cases on the same day in the U.S. Supreme Court to secure food aid for low-income Americans; and (2) the successful federal litigation that resulted in the creation of the WIC program for malnourished mothers and infants.



    Yada,yada,yada .Is that all you have, smear the messenger. How about proving him wrong instead of this BS your throwing out?
    Last edited by Donc; 09-24-09 at 12:35 AM.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromWI View Post
    You are not serious.
    Deadly serious. Welcome to the rule books written down by dear leader. AKA the Alinsky disciple. I call foul on the Acorn lawyer. **** him and **** his defenders. Requiem for dissent.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 09-24-09 at 04:39 AM.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,054

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    How were those policies, which he ran on, not supported by a majority if he won?
    Ninety percent of Obama's voters couldn't name a single policy he stood for. They voted for him because (a) he's a minority, and (b) he's prettier than the other guy.

    More than any election to date, this was an American Idol contest.

  9. #79
    User KillerAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 01:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    129

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Quote Originally Posted by niftydrifty View Post
    Yes, that is the ONE and ONLY time Obama had to face someone on Fox, and he dodged him for months after promising to appear.

    So how does that argue against my point at all? Obama gave one interview with a conservative network and about 462 with liberal networks. Conversely, the majority of republicans must suffer liberal networks and cant find such a safe haven. It's exactly as I described it.

    I mean, I can almost see using a childish insult like "what planet do you live on" IF and only IF you defeated a bad argument...but what you've done is only confirm it.
    "The union, next to our liberty most dear." John C. Calhoun
    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." -Tenth Amendment, US Constitution

  10. #80
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Ninety percent of Obama's voters couldn't name a single policy he stood for. They voted for him because (a) he's a minority, and (b) he's prettier than the other guy.

    More than any election to date, this was an American Idol contest.



    What other visions do you see swami?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •