Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 123

Thread: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Winston, the point is not how much the "rich" can afford to pay, it is the FACT that no amount of tax increases will end the efforts of Liberal Democrats to confiscate ever greater amounts of our wealth to engage in vote pandering programs that do NOTHING to solve the problems Liberal Democrats claim they will; I use the recent stimulus plan passed as exhibit one as NOT doing what the partisan politicians claimed it would. Then we have the declared war on poverty we have been waging for 50 years where this nation has spent in excess of $40 trillion with no discernable results as exhibit number two.

    By the way, where or when, will be seeing those 5,000,000 new high paying jobs Obama promised us? Right now, after losing over 2,500,000 jobs since he took office, we are now at 7,500,000 new high paying jobs to get us there and climbing.
    Well that was a lot to do about nothing as usual from you TD

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Or military industrial complex spending. I'm not talking about the military I'm talking about the military industrial complex like ike talked about.
    The primary Constitutional role of the Federal Government is to defend the nation; I haven't seen anything in the Constitution that says it is the responsibility of Government to provide for the welfare of its citizens.

    Of course, you are free to show where it states this if you like.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Bitching about paying for indigent healthcare. Your paying for it now, it’s just not seen as taxes, your paying it if you have private health insurance according to President Obama, on the Stephanopoulos show.
    Fantastical argument for making it a public program; illegals deserve healthcare too!

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Up to 30% of the premium that you, or your employer pays covers the indigent.
    Do you have any credible facts to support this assertion?

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Think of that when your premiums go up another 14%, You’re paying for it when someone, (even illegals) go to an emergency for treatment. I believe its called cost shifting in the healthcare field.

    See above.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Winston, the point is not how much the "rich" can afford to pay, it is the FACT that no amount of tax increases will end the efforts of Liberal Democrats to confiscate ever greater amounts of our wealth to engage in vote pandering programs that do NOTHING to solve the problems Liberal Democrats claim they will; I use the recent stimulus plan passed as exhibit one as NOT doing what the partisan politicians claimed it would. Then we have the declared war on poverty we have been waging for 50 years where this nation has spent in excess of $40 trillion with no discernable results as exhibit number two.

    By the way, where or when, will be seeing those 5,000,000 new high paying jobs Obama promised us? Right now, after losing over 2,500,000 jobs since he took office, we are now at 7,500,000 new high paying jobs to get us there and climbing.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Well that was a lot to do about nothing as usual from you TD
    Your inability to counter any debate/argument with anything more than such trite responses is hardly surprising.

    The notion that my comments above are about nothing is merely another of your Liberal "because I say its so." Yet when it comes to substance, you are once more incredibly lacking.


  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The primary Constitutional role of the Federal Government is to defend the nation; I haven't seen anything in the Constitution that says it is the responsibility of Government to provide for the welfare of its citizens.

    Of course, you are free to show where it states this if you like.
    In a lot of ways the military industrial complex is a welfare bnation. Where do you think the government gets the bucks to pay for it?

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    In a lot of ways the military industrial complex is a welfare bnation. Where do you think the government gets the bucks to pay for it?
    Of course your claim is farcical and more along the lines of "because you say so," but anyone concerned with reality and the facts knows that claiming it is a form of welfare is patently absurd.

    I would like to know how spending tax dollars to by military weaponry to defend the nation is in the same category as taxing citizens so that you can give the money to someone else you have deemed more deserving of it.

    Take your time.

  7. #67
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Fantastical argument for making it a public program; illegals deserve healthcare too!

    Damn TD do you actually think that hospitals don’t pass on the cost of their emergency care?

    Do you have any credible facts to support this assertion?
    Ah yes, TD has to put the caveat of (any credible facts) in case of my having anything short of a letter from the pope stating that what I said is the truth. Here, now press your hot key dedicated to disputing the link as a lib front, with an agenda.

    < Families USA, which supports expanded health care coverage, found that about 37% of health care costs for people without insurance — or a total of $42.7 billion — went unpaid last year. That cost eventually was shifted to the insured through higher premiums, according to the group.>

    I was off by a few % points it’s actually a 37% shift. Sorry.

    Study: Insured pay 'hidden tax' for uninsured health care - USATODAY.com





    See above.

    Meh… if my percentages were off by a few % take it out of the 7% overage from the above post.

    <Over the last decade, employer-sponsored health insurance premiums have increased 119 percent.>


    NCHC | Facts About Healthcare - Health Insurance Costs
    Last edited by Zyphlin; 09-23-09 at 06:20 PM.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Damn TD do you actually think that hospitals don’t pass on the cost of their emergency care?
    I am curious why you divine arguments that haven’t been made in a desperate effort to support your hysterical false assertions?


    Quote: Do you have any credible facts to support this assertion?
    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Ah yes, TD has to put the caveat of (any credible facts) in case of my having anything short of a letter from the pope stating that what I said is the truth. Here, now press your hot key dedicated to disputing the link as a lib front, with an agenda.

    < Families USA, which supports expanded health care coverage, found that about 37% of health care costs for people without insurance — or a total of $42.7 billion — went unpaid last year. That cost eventually was shifted to the insured through higher premiums, according to the group.>

    I was off by a few % points it’s actually a 37% shift. Sorry.
    Study: Insured pay 'hidden tax' for uninsured health care - USATODAY.com
    I am hardly surprised that you would not like the term “credible” or claim it to be a "caveat" as so much of your blather is more along the line of “incredible.”

    Again, all one need do is look at the BIAS contained in your link to see that is suffers dearly in the credibility area.

    Families USA, which supports expanded health care coverage, found that about 37% of health care costs for people without insurance — or a total of $42.7 billion — went unpaid last year. That cost eventually was shifted to the insured through higher premiums, according to the group.

    So with this, I will take it that you have no “credible” sources to support your highly emotional, but fact-less hysterics.

    Once again what we have here are wild-eyed uninformed, fabricated data to support a highly partisan political agenda; thank you again for illustrating it so brilliantly.

  9. #69
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Truth Detector;I am curious why you divine arguments that haven’t been made in a desperate effort to support your hysterical false assertions?
    Only it TD land could a reply about hospitals treating “indigents”, be interpreted as (Fantastical argument for making it a public program; “illegals” deserve healthcare too) and get a response like this (desperate effort to support your hysterical false assertions?)

    How’s the life in that parallel universe you reside in TD?

    I am hardly surprised that you would not like the term “credible” or claim it to be a "caveat" as so much of your blather is more along the line of “incredible.”

    Again, all one need do is look at the BIAS contained in your link to see that is suffers dearly in the credibility area.

    Families USA, which supports expanded health care coverage, found that about 37% of health care costs for people without insurance — or a total of $42.7 billion — went unpaid last year. That cost eventually was shifted to the insured through higher premiums, according to the group.

    So with this, I will take it that you have no “credible” sources to support your highly emotional, but fact-less hysterics.

    Once again what we have here are wild-eyed uninformed, fabricated data to support a highly partisan political agenda; thank you again for illustrating it so brilliantly.
    Ah yes, looks like TD,s fine tuned hot key is getting a good workout in this thread. What part of this confuses you TD?

    (Families USA is a national nonprofit, non-partisan organization dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care for all Americans. Working at the national, state, and community levels, we have earned a national reputation as an effective voice for health care consumers for 25 years.)


    Families USA: About Us Home

    Could it be that part of your brain rejects the term “nonprofit”, or the part that it is a “non-partisan organization” dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care for all Americans with suspicion?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  10. #70
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Stephanopoulos points out Merriam-Webster definition of taxes to president

    Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Winston, the point is not how much the "rich" can afford to pay, it is the FACT that no amount of tax increases will end the efforts of Liberal Democrats to confiscate ever greater amounts of our wealth to engage in vote pandering programs that do NOTHING to solve the problems Liberal Democrats claim they will; I use the recent stimulus plan passed as exhibit one as NOT doing what the partisan politicians claimed it would. Then we have the declared war on poverty we have been waging for 50 years where this nation has spent in excess of $40 trillion with no discernable results as exhibit number two.

    By the way, where or when, will be seeing those 5,000,000 new high paying jobs Obama promised us? Right now, after losing over 2,500,000 jobs since he took office, we are now at 7,500,000 new high paying jobs to get us there and climbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Well that was a lot to do about nothing as usual from you TD
    Are reading impaired?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •