Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 64

Thread: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

  1. #41
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    But that is NOT what you said. You said:
    And?......
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And?......
    One of two things:

    1. You are making stuff up.

    2. You are not man enough to admit your mistake.

  3. #43
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you're claiming that there's no way that ACORN was going to get a piece of the 8 billion dollars earmarked for community organizers? You can't be serious.
    Its not earmarked for community organizers. Its earmarked for neighborhood stabilization. Do you understand how the neighborhood stabilization program works? Oh so before you said all 8 now its a piece. So we're wittling down your claims.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It shouldn't be hard for you to prove that claim, since obviously there would be some specific language saying that ACORN was inelligible for the funs.

    Hell, even PBO admits that ACORN was getting a, "whole lot", of federal money.
    Acorn doesn't qualify for the neighborhood stabilization because they don't buy houses and resell them. The neighborhood stabilization goes to local governments and for this round they said they'd open it up to non-profits who would have to prove their ability to buy and resell the homes, be able to use the funds properly. They would also have to compete against other nonprofits. So again saying something is earmarked for 8 billion that means they are specifically setting aside funds for that organization and the language would have to be in the bill. Which its not.

    53 million isn't a whole lot of money over the course of 15 years. So in this thread you can't prove your point. Were completely wrong and now you're backtracking.

    Now get back to the topic of the thread since you couldn't prove your point.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Quote: Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Once again what we see from you are hysterical assertions not based on anything that could be considered rational or credible.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious child View Post
    All these stories are based on one single report that the inspector, Devaney, uses asinine emotional Hyperbole to apparently justify his wasting everyone's time and money on an investigation that uncovered what amounts to almost nada.

    This story charges no one but rather implies that there is corruption SHORT of anythgin criminal. I am sorry, if there is no criminal activity and no rules broken, I am struggling to comprehend where this supports your hysterics.

    “Simply stated, short of a crime, anything goes at the highest levels of the Department of the Interior,” charged Earl E. Devaney

    Gee, give me a great big DUH.

    This story is pure hysterics, much like your rants:

    The investigation uncovered a "culture of substance abuse and promiscuity," Devaney said in a memo to Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne.

    The alleged misconduct involved at least 13 current and former employees of the department's Minerals Management Service (MMS) accused of rigging contracts and accepting gifts and engaging in "illicit sexual encounters" with subordinates and industry representatives, Devaney said.

    Danielle Brian, executive director of the non-partisan watchdog Project on Government Oversight, said that "given the billions of dollars at stake, and the number of people involved, this is easily the worst instance of government misconduct that POGO has seen."


    Yet the Department of the Interior employs more than 72,000 employees. I am betting that any major corporation in America would see this as a positive thing that out of all the investigations, only 13 current and FORMER employees were seen as violating company policy. Let’s do some math here……13 divided by 72,000 equals OMG, the percentage is so small I can’t put enough zeros in front.

    Good lord, you have to laugh at the assertions of DeVaney; what a pile of chicken little bile.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious child View Post
    Here is the REAL story quoting someone with a brain and lacking the emotional hysterics of your rants:

    Randall B. Luthi, said that he takes the report "very seriously" and added that the small number of people implicated "does not represent a culture" in an agency of about 1,700 employees. The royalty-in-kind program, where the lapses cited in the report occurred, has about 50 employees.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious child View Post
    It is obvious that Devaney has a political agenda, however, let me quote the memorandum to point out this hysterical conclusion he arrived at:

    While the dollar amount of gifts and gratuities was not enormous (In other words MINOR), these employees accepted gifts with prodigious frequency.

    Gee, I guess someone better start enforcing the rules then and/or charge these people with the humungous crimes they have committed eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious child View Post
    I think you should crown yourself; the "Epic Fail" is on your typical emotional hysterics which latch onto a report that hysterically makes absurd claims and then in its own report acknowledges the amounts were minor.

    In any major business in America, this is an anomaly that can easily be rectified by strict enforcement but hardly the signs of, how did you and Devaney describe it? Oh yes; “easily the worst instance of government misconduct that POGO has seen."

    This is the level of “chicken little” reporting and outrageous emotional nonsense we are getting used to from Liberal Democrats and people like you. It is to the point where it is not just laughable from a credibility point of view, but more like the little boy who kept crying wolf where after a while we just find it extremely hard to take anything they say serious.

    Quote: Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    I have to laugh at your link as well; Jay Yarrow?

    P.S. This story will end up in the same place as the other efforts to impugn Bush Administration officials; in the crapper because there is no substance to the asinine allegations.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious child View Post
    Come again? Did I explicitly state republicans? Besides, the Department of the Interior has a long and "illustrious" history of corruption. Warren G. Harding anyone? And interesting how you think that it will end up in the crapper when several interior department members are in jail. J. Steven Griles anyone?
    Once again, when you have a bureaucracy that contains over 72,000 employees and have a few examples of criminal activity which has been prosecuted, that would be considered a fairly good percentage; unless of course you are a naïve inexperienced person who wears your emotions on your sleeve and are apt to erupt into emotional hysterics about the vast corruption of the empire of Amerika.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious child View Post
    Typical TD. Argument from position of absolute sheer ignorance.
    Typical OC argument; basing your entire emotional rant on a single report that itself contains more in the way of emotional hyperbole than anything it claims is within the report.

    Quote: Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Carry on your populist tirades about those evil corporations and corrupt politicians though; it is amusing at best.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious child View Post
    And I said this where? You know, just because you're partisan hack doesn't mean that everyone who points it out is one as well.
    OC, every time you post we are subjected to your emotionally charged hyperbole about how corrupt AmeriKa is with widespread rampant corporate greed and corruption and the collusion with the evil corporations with the widespread corruption within Government. Please stop pretending this is not an ongoing method of debate with you.

    Quote: Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Not because they don't exist, but because to listen to you everything is corrupt and that there is some perfect mythical place where corruption doesn't exist, companies only do what is good for communities regardless of profits and Government officials are of the highest integrity and intelligence and money is not a part of any process.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious child View Post
    Gotta wonder where I ever said this. Could you please show me anything resembling this in any of my posts?
    You imply this with your emotional hysterics. Perhaps if you read the gobbledy gook you post you would see it yourself? Just a suggestion; and by all means, carry on.
    Last edited by Truth Detector; 09-22-09 at 01:49 PM.

  5. #45
    Advisor Birdzeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    East Coast - mid Atlantic
    Last Seen
    12-10-16 @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    341

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Quote: Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Once again what we see from you are hysterical assertions not based on anything that could be considered rational or credible.



    All these stories are based on one single report that the inspector, Devaney, uses asinine emotional Hyperbole to apparently justify his wasting everyone's time and money on an investigation that uncovered what amounts to almost nada.

    This story charges no one but rather implies that there is corruption SHORT of anythgin criminal. I am sorry, if there is no criminal activity and no rules broken, I am struggling to comprehend where this supports your hysterics.

    “Simply stated, short of a crime, anything goes at the highest levels of the Department of the Interior,” charged Earl E. Devaney

    Gee, give me a great big DUH.



    This story is pure hysterics, much like your rants:

    The investigation uncovered a "culture of substance abuse and promiscuity," Devaney said in a memo to Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne.

    The alleged misconduct involved at least 13 current and former employees of the department's Minerals Management Service (MMS) accused of rigging contracts and accepting gifts and engaging in "illicit sexual encounters" with subordinates and industry representatives, Devaney said.

    Danielle Brian, executive director of the non-partisan watchdog Project on Government Oversight, said that "given the billions of dollars at stake, and the number of people involved, this is easily the worst instance of government misconduct that POGO has seen."


    Yet the Department of the Interior employs more than 72,000 employees. I am betting that any major corporation in America would see this as a positive thing that out of all the investigations, only 13 current and FORMER employees were seen as violating company policy. Let’s do some math here……13 divided by 72,000 equals OMG, the percentage is so small I can’t put enough zeros in front.

    Good lord, you have to laugh at the assertions of DeVaney; what a pile of chicken little bile.



    Here is the REAL story quoting someone with a brain and lacking the emotional hysterics of your rants:

    Randall B. Luthi, said that he takes the report "very seriously" and added that the small number of people implicated "does not represent a culture" in an agency of about 1,700 employees. The royalty-in-kind program, where the lapses cited in the report occurred, has about 50 employees.



    It is obvious that Devaney has a political agenda, however, let me quote the memorandum to point out this hysterical conclusion he arrived at:

    While the dollar amount of gifts and gratuities was not enormous (In other words MINOR), these employees accepted gifts with prodigious frequency.

    Gee, I guess someone better start enforcing the rules then and/or charge these people with the humungous crimes they have committed eh?



    I think you should crown yourself; the "Epic Fail" is on your typical emotional hysterics which latch onto a report that hysterically makes absurd claims and then in its own report acknowledges the amounts were minor.

    In any major business in America, this is an anomaly that can easily be rectified by strict enforcement but hardly the signs of, how did you and Devaney describe it? Oh yes; “easily the worst instance of government misconduct that POGO has seen."

    This is the level of “chicken little” reporting and outrageous emotional nonsense we are getting used to from Liberal Democrats and people like you. It is to the point where it is not just laughable from a credibility point of view, but more like the little boy who kept crying wolf where after a while we just find it extremely hard to take anything they say serious.

    Quote: Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    I have to laugh at your link as well; Jay Yarrow?

    P.S. This story will end up in the same place as the other efforts to impugn Bush Administration officials; in the crapper because there is no substance to the asinine allegations.



    Once again, when you have a bureaucracy that contains over 72,000 employees and have a few examples of criminal activity which has been prosecuted, that would be considered a fairly good percentage; unless of course you are a naïve inexperienced person who wears your emotions on your sleeve and are apt to erupt into emotional hysterics about the vast corruption of the empire of Amerika.



    Typical OC argument; basing your entire emotional rant on a single report that itself contains more in the way of emotional hyperbole than anything it claims is within the report.

    Quote: Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Carry on your populist tirades about those evil corporations and corrupt politicians though; it is amusing at best.



    OC, every time you post we are subjected to your emotionally charged hyperbole about how corrupt AmeriKa is with widespread rampant corporate greed and corruption and the collusion with the evil corporations with the widespread corruption within Government. Please stop pretending this is not an ongoing method of debate with you.

    Quote: Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Not because they don't exist, but because to listen to you everything is corrupt and that there is some perfect mythical place where corruption doesn't exist, companies only do what is good for communities regardless of profits and Government officials are of the highest integrity and intelligence and money is not a part of any process.



    You imply this with your emotional hysterics. Perhaps if you read the gobbledy gook you post you would see it yourself? Just a suggestion; and by all means, carry on.
    And there you have it, folks, yet another example of a right winger - one who isn't shy about ranting about lefty malfeasance - doing somersaults to exonerate yet another darling of the right wing. Go figure.

  6. #46
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Quote: Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Once again what we see from you are hysterical assertions not based on anything that could be considered rational or credible.



    All these stories are based on one single report that the inspector, Devaney, uses asinine emotional Hyperbole to apparently justify his wasting everyone's time and money on an investigation that uncovered what amounts to almost nada.

    This story charges no one but rather implies that there is corruption SHORT of anythgin criminal. I am sorry, if there is no criminal activity and no rules broken, I am struggling to comprehend where this supports your hysterics.

    “Simply stated, short of a crime, anything goes at the highest levels of the Department of the Interior,” charged Earl E. Devaney

    Gee, give me a great big DUH.



    This story is pure hysterics, much like your rants:

    The investigation uncovered a "culture of substance abuse and promiscuity," Devaney said in a memo to Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne.

    The alleged misconduct involved at least 13 current and former employees of the department's Minerals Management Service (MMS) accused of rigging contracts and accepting gifts and engaging in "illicit sexual encounters" with subordinates and industry representatives, Devaney said.

    Danielle Brian, executive director of the non-partisan watchdog Project on Government Oversight, said that "given the billions of dollars at stake, and the number of people involved, this is easily the worst instance of government misconduct that POGO has seen."


    Yet the Department of the Interior employs more than 72,000 employees. I am betting that any major corporation in America would see this as a positive thing that out of all the investigations, only 13 current and FORMER employees were seen as violating company policy. Let’s do some math here……13 divided by 72,000 equals OMG, the percentage is so small I can’t put enough zeros in front.

    Good lord, you have to laugh at the assertions of DeVaney; what a pile of chicken little bile.



    Here is the REAL story quoting someone with a brain and lacking the emotional hysterics of your rants:

    Randall B. Luthi, said that he takes the report "very seriously" and added that the small number of people implicated "does not represent a culture" in an agency of about 1,700 employees. The royalty-in-kind program, where the lapses cited in the report occurred, has about 50 employees.



    It is obvious that Devaney has a political agenda, however, let me quote the memorandum to point out this hysterical conclusion he arrived at:

    While the dollar amount of gifts and gratuities was not enormous (In other words MINOR), these employees accepted gifts with prodigious frequency.

    Gee, I guess someone better start enforcing the rules then and/or charge these people with the humungous crimes they have committed eh?



    I think you should crown yourself; the "Epic Fail" is on your typical emotional hysterics which latch onto a report that hysterically makes absurd claims and then in its own report acknowledges the amounts were minor.

    In any major business in America, this is an anomaly that can easily be rectified by strict enforcement but hardly the signs of, how did you and Devaney describe it? Oh yes; “easily the worst instance of government misconduct that POGO has seen."

    This is the level of “chicken little” reporting and outrageous emotional nonsense we are getting used to from Liberal Democrats and people like you. It is to the point where it is not just laughable from a credibility point of view, but more like the little boy who kept crying wolf where after a while we just find it extremely hard to take anything they say serious.

    Quote: Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    I have to laugh at your link as well; Jay Yarrow?

    P.S. This story will end up in the same place as the other efforts to impugn Bush Administration officials; in the crapper because there is no substance to the asinine allegations.



    Once again, when you have a bureaucracy that contains over 72,000 employees and have a few examples of criminal activity which has been prosecuted, that would be considered a fairly good percentage; unless of course you are a naïve inexperienced person who wears your emotions on your sleeve and are apt to erupt into emotional hysterics about the vast corruption of the empire of Amerika.



    Typical OC argument; basing your entire emotional rant on a single report that itself contains more in the way of emotional hyperbole than anything it claims is within the report.

    Quote: Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Carry on your populist tirades about those evil corporations and corrupt politicians though; it is amusing at best.



    OC, every time you post we are subjected to your emotionally charged hyperbole about how corrupt AmeriKa is with widespread rampant corporate greed and corruption and the collusion with the evil corporations with the widespread corruption within Government. Please stop pretending this is not an ongoing method of debate with you.

    Quote: Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Not because they don't exist, but because to listen to you everything is corrupt and that there is some perfect mythical place where corruption doesn't exist, companies only do what is good for communities regardless of profits and Government officials are of the highest integrity and intelligence and money is not a part of any process.



    You imply this with your emotional hysterics. Perhaps if you read the gobbledy gook you post you would see it yourself? Just a suggestion; and by all means, carry on.
    Irony. /\ Railing on and on about ACORN who hasn't been indicted who hasn't been investigated while ignoring an investigation showing officials doing illegal acts and the deputy secretary being ordered to jail.

  7. #47
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Irony. /\ Railing on and on about ACORN who hasn't been indicted who hasn't been investigated while ignoring an investigation showing officials doing illegal acts and the deputy secretary being ordered to jail.
    How about Hassan Nemazee?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #48
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    How about Hassan Nemazee?
    What does Hassan have to do with Acorn or the Department of Interior?

    That's like saying what about Bob Alan? How about Bernie Kerik? What about Alan Placa? Thomas Ravenel, Alan Fabian

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post
    And there you have it, folks, yet another example of a right winger - one who isn't shy about ranting about lefty malfeasance - doing somersaults to exonerate yet another darling of the right wing. Go figure.
    And here you have it folks, another hyper partisan Liberal who lacks any credible honesty, lacks in reading comprehension and engages in trolling and baiting incorrectly thinking it is a substitute for credible honest intellectual debate.


  10. #50
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    And here you have it folks, another hyper partisan Liberal who lacks any credible honesty, lacks in reading comprehension and engages in trolling and baiting incorrectly thinking it is a substitute for credible honest intellectual debate.

    You're on a roll lately almost every post you go off on someone you pretty much describe yourself in every one of your posts. It's amazing... I got this for you


Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •