Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 64

Thread: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    But didn't you just say government officials aren't corrupt? Now you're saying they are. Oh I get it just republicans are pure but democrats are corrupt.
    Your reading dyslexia is only superseded by your inability to deal with credible facts and logical reasoning.

    Why don't you post my words stating that Government officials are not corrupt so we can solve your issues with reading comprehension once and for all.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Again with the "czars" several of which were confirmed by the senate, had been in prior appointments, are cabinet level positions or are in jobs that were created by previous presidents. Did you complain about Bush's 46 czars? Thought not.
    Only about 15 of those positions were from previous posts while Obama created about 15 new ones in an effort, as many Democrats are now concluding, are an effort to circumvent the Senate and the Constitution.

    As for this internet fabrication of Bush creating 45 positions (they were counting the number of appointments and not the positions created in an effort at disinformation, which the Communists used extensively in their efforts to promote their ideology), that is a lie that cannot be supported by the facts being put out by this Administration in a desperate effort to counter their own incompetence and inter-party criticisms of those unconstitutional efforts.

    What is fascinating in all your arguments is that you seem to assert that if the previous guys did it, it must now be okay; how trite.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Socialist policies? Good lord you're just one big bucket of fear.
    I am amused that asserting that Obama is a Socialist engaging in Socialist policies now somehow equates to fear.

    How do you logically connect those two?

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    As for the interior department this was a long time in coming. The Inspector General of the Department Earl Devaney revealed many of these problems last year in his report.
    It is amusing at best to suggest that a highly placed individual can be swayed by the payment of $159 in green fees. But what is equally farcical in Liberal logic is that even though he paid this fee back to the company who invited him, it is only good enough when people like Ron Kirk, Dashle, Nancy Killefer's or Tim Geithner don’t pay their taxes then ask for forgiveness and still are nominated for high posts, and in some cases, getting them.
    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    I didn't realize doing blow on the job was legal there truth.
    What part of lying under oath do you continue to NOT get? I guess it only counts if your are a Republican like Libby who didn’t even commit the crime he was investigated for and a “perceived crime for which the original perpetrator was already known before spending millions of taxpayers money in fruitless investigations.

    In Clinton’s case, he really did engage in extremely bad behavior using bad judgment and then compounded it by admittedly lying under oath about it, to the American people and his wife and kid. It is amazing that you and so many other Liberals defend such behavior.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    People at the interior department were consuming alcohol, doing drugs, and having sex with oil and gas company employees while on the job. Total ethical violations but yeah you brush it off.
    Once again, these are “allegations” but I have yet to see anything of substance suggesting that this behavior is more an anomaly that is typical with HUGE organizations rather than the assertion that this was common and rampant behavior condoned by evil Republicans.

    Carry on; your trite attempts to downplay real corruption by your guys while attempting to fabricate it for the opposition, particularly where none exists is fascinating.

  2. #12
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Your reading dyslexia is only superseded by your inability to deal with credible facts and logical reasoning.

    Why don't you post my words stating that Government officials are not corrupt so we can solve your issues with reading comprehension once and for all.
    Reading dyslexia would entail reading words backwards or rearranging them in incorrect order. Wrong word usage here.



    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Only about 15 of those positions were from previous posts while Obama created about 15 new ones in an effort, as many Democrats are now concluding, are an effort to circumvent the Senate and the Constitution.
    Incorrect there were 31 "Czar" positions in the Bush administration with 46 people filling them. Obama has 32 "Czars" according to the list being spread around.

    Which meant Obama had to have gotten rid of some of Bush's "Czar" positions. Bush had an abstinence czar for crying out loud. Yeah presidential advisers which are long standing are efforts to circumvent the constitution. You obviously have no idea how our government is run. Bush had almost the same number of Czar positions but no whining on your part.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    As for this internet fabrication of Bush creating 45 positions (they were counting the number of appointments and not the positions created in an effort at disinformation, which the Communists used extensively in their efforts to promote their ideology), that is a lie that cannot be supported by the facts being put out by this Administration in a desperate effort to counter their own incompetence and inter-party criticisms of those unconstitutional efforts.
    Nothing fabricated about it this was the number of people who served in "Czar" positions. Lol Communists here we go with the red baiting. No one in are government is currently a communist were you raised in the 50s? Wow this number of Obama's "czars" is also an effort of disinformation as several have been confirmed by the senate and most are in long standing positions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What is fascinating in all your arguments is that you seem to assert that if the previous guys did it, it must now be okay; how trite.
    No just pointing out your rank hypocrisy. Your selective outrage is pervasive and lowers the debate. "Democrats are bad republicans are good" nevermind that having "czars" has been around for most of the last century. It must be wrong because Obama is doing it is your argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I am amused that asserting that Obama is a Socialist engaging in Socialist policies now somehow equates to fear.

    How do you logically connect those two?
    Well considering he's not a socialist engaging in socialist parties I'd say its pretty logical to connect your red baiting. It just goes to show how low you bring the level of debate here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    It is amusing at best to suggest that a highly placed individual can be swayed by the payment of $159 in green fees. But what is equally farcical in Liberal logic is that even though he paid this fee back to the company who invited him, it is only good enough when people like Ron Kirk, Dashle, Nancy Killefer's or Tim Geithner don’t pay their taxes then ask for forgiveness and still are nominated for high posts, and in some cases, getting them.
    You obviously didn't bother to read the Inspector General Report. The green fees were a minor issue in comparison to what else happened in the department of interior.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What part of lying under oath do you continue to NOT get? I guess it only counts if your are a Republican like Libby who didn’t even commit the crime he was investigated for and a “perceived crime for which the original perpetrator was already known before spending millions of taxpayers money in fruitless investigations.
    Why are you bringing clinton into this? I was talking about doing blow on the job not getting a blow job. You know blow as in Cocaine which members of the Interior Department were doing on the job. This wasn't a fruitless investigation officials have been charged and the inspector general completed his report last year. I suggest you read it before sounding even more ridiculous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    In Clinton’s case, he really did engage in extremely bad behavior using bad judgment and then compounded it by admittedly lying under oath about it, to the American people and his wife and kid. It is amazing that you and so many other Liberals defend such behavior.
    Why are you bringing clinton into this? I was talking about Cocaine not blow jobs, learn to read.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Once again, these are “allegations” but I have yet to see anything of substance suggesting that this behavior is more an anomaly that is typical with HUGE organizations rather than the assertion that this was common and rampant behavior condoned by evil Republicans.

    Carry on; your trite attempts to downplay real corruption by your guys while attempting to fabricate it for the opposition, particularly where none exists is fascinating.
    Not allegations. Our guys? I never said I supported the democrats. There was an inspector general investigation which found pervasive wrong doing in the Interior Department. This is over a year old information. Try reading the report before making an ass of yourself

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,745

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Your reading dyslexia is only superseded by your inability to deal with credible facts and logical reasoning.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probeKnock off the personal attacks, TD, or you will be removed from the thread.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #14
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Once again what we see from you are hysterical assertions not based on anything that could be considered rational or credible.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/14/business/14oil.html
    AFP: Sex, drugs and oil: corruption scandal rocks US agency
    Report Says Oil Agency Ran Amok - washingtonpost.com
    http://media.mcclatchydc.com/smedia/...filiate.91.pdf
    http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-s...oil-081908.pdf

    I hereby crown you Mr. Epic Fail.

    I have to laugh at your link as well; Jay Yarrow?

    P.S. This story will end up in the same place as the other efforts to impugn Bush Administration officials; in the crapper because there is no substance to the asinine allegations.
    Come again? Did I explicitly state republicans? Besides, the Department of the Interior has a long and "illustrious" history of corruption. Warren G. Harding anyone? And interesting how you think that it will end up in the crapper when several interior department members are in jail. J. Steven Griles anyone?

    Typical TD. Argument from position of absolute sheer ignorance.

    Carry on your populist tirades about those evil corporations and corrupt politicians though; it is amusing at best.
    And I said this where? You know, just because you're partisan hack doesn't mean that everyone who points it out is one as well.

    Not because they don't exist, but because to listen to you everything is corrupt and that there is some perfect mythical place where corruption doesn't exist, companies only do what is good for communities regardless of profits and Government officials are of the highest integrity and intelligence and money is not a part of any process.
    Gotta wonder where I ever said this. Could you please show me anything resembling this in any of my posts?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #15
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    I didn't realize doing blow on the job was legal there truth. People at the interior department were consuming alcohol, doing drugs, and having sex with oil and gas company employees while on the job. Total ethical violations but yeah you brush it off.
    But you forget. They were Republican appointed, therefore under TD's long history of endless free passes to Republicans for whatever they want, sleeping with company executives and then giving them sweetheart deals on oil leases is okay.

    Remember, if Republicans do it, it's okay. Doesn't matter what "it" is.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #16
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Seems troubling, and I hope for her sake that there's nothing to these allegations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    It seems like a lot of the Bush appointees had difficulties with ethics. Here's another one I'm familiar with:

    J. Robert Flores - Corrupt and Incompetent Bush Crony

    TPMMuckraker | Talking Points Memo | J. Robert Flores: June 2008
    So that's two out of a couple thousand. This means...?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #17
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    The Justice Department is investigating whether former Interior Secretary Gale A. Norton illegally used her position to benefit Royal Dutch Shell PLC
    Oh, God!!! The horror!!!

    Looks like a smoke screen to cover ACORN, to me. I mean, why investigate an orginization that was earmarked to receive 8 billion dollars of taxpayer money, so the staff members could advise prostitutes on how to set up leagal LLC's and evade taxes, when you can start a witch hunt about a government bureaucrat that used her position to help a private company? Because, we all know that no one has ever done anything that awful before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #18
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh, God!!! The horror!!!

    Looks like a smoke screen to cover ACORN, to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality
    The Interior Department's Office of Inspector General began the investigation during the waning months of the George W. Bush administration and more recently made a formal criminal referral to the Justice Department.
    Yea, makes sense. The Bush adminstration probably began the investigation as a favor to Obama because they knew that 8 months into his presidency, he would be faced with a minor scandal involving a community organizing group that he once represented.

    This investigation couldn't possibly have been started because someone thought someone did something wrong.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #19
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Yea, makes sense. The Bush adminstration probably began the investigation as a favor to Obama because they knew that 8 months into his presidency, he would be faced with a minor scandal involving a community organizing group that he once represented.

    This investigation couldn't possibly have been started because someone thought someone did something wrong.
    C'mon, man, is this the best they can do when digging up wrong doing? All the hoopla over this and not-a-soul has gotten curious as to why Feinstein's old man keeps getting all those sweet defense contracts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #20
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Former Interior Secretary Gale Norton is focus of corruption probe

    Well, who are we going to trust. The guy who got Jack Abramoff or Apdst?

    Real tough decision there. lol.

    Earl Devaney with an impeccable service record or Adpdst/TD?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •