Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: House ethics panel investigates Rep. Maxine Waters

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: House ethics panel investigates Rep. Maxine Waters

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You should stop telling liberals what they believe. You cannot help but look foolish.
    I am not telling Liberals what they believe, I am sharing what I hear them saying.

    Of course, you are free to prove me wrong with something more credible than your typical strawman.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUaY3LhJ-IQ"]YouTube - Maxine Waters threatens to nationalize U.S. oil industries[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vhft39_gkc"]YouTube - Maurice Hinchey: Let's nationalize oil![/ame]

    Nationalized Oil To Fund Climate Change Efforts
    The New York Times - Breaking News, World News & Multimedia

    “If we’re going to give corporations the same rights as people,” said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, “then we need to hold them accountable like people. When parents abuse their children, the government takes over. When oil companies abuse the planet, the government needs to take over too.”

  2. #22
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: House ethics panel investigates Rep. Maxine Waters

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    When did I accuse you of being one? Are you a self proclaimed Moderate/Independent?

    I see you have difficulty with comprehension and subtleties.
    You replied to Redress' post and used this line:

    Here's a clue for you self proclaimed "independents" and "moderates,"
    This seems like an odd aside to jump into in the middle of posting a response to someone else's post. Hence, the confusion.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #23
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: House ethics panel investigates Rep. Maxine Waters

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    ARTICLE: House ethics panel investigates Rep. Maxine Waters -- latimes.com


    I have a hunch that it is about to become terribly fashionable for Dems to be seen prosecuting, investigating, probing, condemning and otherwise distancing themselves from other Dems.

    Thanks ACORN!
    Good. We should continue to probe and investigate Congress more often. I feel that they get far too comfortable with all of that power.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: House ethics panel investigates Rep. Maxine Waters

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    You replied to Redress' post and used this line:



    This seems like an odd aside to jump into in the middle of posting a response to someone else's post. Hence, the confusion.
    It is my way of expressing my views that are directed to more than just the poster in question; I can't imagine how that is unclear.

    But alas, when you read things INTO statements rather than comprehending their meaning, I can see how this would occur.

    But it again begs the question; is there a point to this?

  5. #25
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: House ethics panel investigates Rep. Maxine Waters

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    It is my way of expressing my views that are directed to more than just the poster in question; I can't imagine how that is unclear.

    But alas, when you read things INTO statements rather than comprehending their meaning, I can see how this would occur.

    But it again begs the question; is there a point to this?
    Here's an example, since you're failing to grasp a simple concept:

    (I'll address your post):

    It's unclear because it was an aside that originated without a segue.

    (Now I will do what you did):

    The problem with you self-proclaimed racists is that you are ignorant bigots who think white people are better than minorities.

    This is why your post was misunderstood by Redress. Post more clearly in the future. K thx.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #26
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: House ethics panel investigates Rep. Maxine Waters

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Corruption should be a bipartisan issue, with any accusation of possible corruption investigated and prosecuted. Thank you for trying to make it highly partisan. It's attitudes like yours that makes this country less than it could be.
    I'm having a little touble finding your posts demanding prosecution of Rep. William Jefferson, Charles Wrangel, Sandy Berger, or Eliot Spitzer. Could you help me out?
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  7. #27
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House ethics panel investigates Rep. Maxine Waters

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    I'm having a little touble finding your posts demanding prosecution of Rep. William Jefferson, Charles Wrangel, Sandy Berger, or Eliot Spitzer. Could you help me out?
    Find just about any thread about politicians and corruption I have posted in. I am 100 % consistent.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: House ethics panel investigates Rep. Maxine Waters

    I have researched, and stand corrected.

    You do indeed call for the prosecution of your own party members when found to be corrupt.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  9. #29
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,264
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House ethics panel investigates Rep. Maxine Waters

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    I have researched, and stand corrected.

    You do indeed call for the prosecution of your own party members when found to be corrupt.
    Being a law and order liberal makes being consistent easy. I have no patients whatsoever with corruption, and if anything am more pissed when it is some one in my own party who is corrupt, as it makes all of us look bad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •