Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 121

Thread: 75 Percent of Oklahoma High School Students Can't Name the First President of the U.S

  1. #101
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: 75 Percent of Oklahoma High School Students Can't Name the First President of the

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Precisely. Maybe now you understand my response to your post.
    It was a picture of a panda, Ego.

    You've missed the point of this entire thread. It was established early on that this survey has a massive margin of error and that the data is virtually worthless since the respondents did not take the survey seriously.
    You challenged the point I made even if that point did tangent off of thread topic. And I'll challenge and point it out again. Your fatherless household crisis in this nation is responsible for a whole lot of issues related to the fact that our children no longer know who George Washington was. Oh, they're up on diversity and fairness and equal opportunity and racism and discrimination and climate change....George Washington...who is that?

    Class....who is the father of our country? No no, not P Diddy, or slice Daddy, or Papa Roach...the actual father of our country...anyone? The man who won our Revolution for us.....the man who deterred an absolute military coup years after......anyone...anyone.....Bueller....Frye.... .Frye? No....Not the rap star blinging his way to fame, no, men once actually accomplished something before havng their faces splashed across the country, class, P Diddy children, won't be etched in rock....anyone? What if I told you his wife's name was Martha....no no not the idol star, not the candy cane cutie pictured on your ipod...tell you what...

    Let us all go home tonight and for homework, ask our parent(minus the s)...see how many of them know....sure I'm off topic....Ego?
    Last edited by Charles Martel; 09-29-09 at 11:24 AM.

  2. #102
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: 75 Percent of Oklahoma High School Students Can't Name the First President of the

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Your fatherless household crisis in this nation is responsible for a whole lot of issues related to the fact that our children no longer know who George Washington was. Oh, they're up on diversity and fairness and equal opportunity and racism and discrimination and climate change....George Washington...who is that?
    Go ahead and substantiate this claim, please.

    Class....who is the father of our country? No no, not P Diddy, or slice Daddy, or Papa Roach...the actual father of our country...anyone? The man who won our Revolution for us.....the man who deterred an absolute military coup years after......anyone...anyone.....Bueller....Frye.... .Frye? No....Not the rap star blinging his way to fame, no, men once actually accomplished something before havng their faces splashed across the country, class, P Diddy children, won't be etched in rock....anyone? What if I told you his wife's name was Martha....no no not the idol star, not the candy cane cutie pictured on your ipod...tell you what...

    Let us all go home tonight and for homework, ask our parent(minus the s)...see how many of them know....sure I'm off topic....Ego?
    While amusing, this is quite a leap to bolster your argument. Plus, all that I said was that babies being born out of wedlock did not necessarily not have a father at home or know who their father is. You seem to be misinterpreting my position, as I have said nothing about the positive or negative impacts of not having a father at home.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #103
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: 75 Percent of Oklahoma High School Students Can't Name the First President of the

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Go ahead and substantiate this claim, please.
    The endless cycle of children without two parents living in the home substantiate this, Ego, it's quite well recorded.

    Plus, all that I said was that babies being born out of wedlock did not necessarily not have a father at home or know who their father is.
    I agreed with you, it may not mean they don't know their fathers. And then again...it may mean just that.

    You seem to be misinterpreting my position, as I have said nothing about the positive or negative impacts of not having a father at home.
    Correction, you seem to know nothing of the negative impact of no fathers in the home. Completely unaware. That's telling.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  4. #104
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: 75 Percent of Oklahoma High School Students Can't Name the First President of the

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    The endless cycle of children without two parents living in the home substantiate this, Ego, it's quite well recorded.
    Stop deflecting and substantiate your claim.
    Your fatherless household crisis in this nation is responsible for a whole lot of issues related to the fact that our children no longer know who George Washington was.
    Correction, you seem to know nothing of the negative impact of no fathers in the home. Completely unaware. That's telling.
    You brought it up, not myself. I never made a claim that fatherless homes do not have a negative impact on children. Enjoy attacking the straw man you have erected.

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man]Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #105
    Professor Charles Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-21-10 @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: 75 Percent of Oklahoma High School Students Can't Name the First President of the

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    You brought it up, not myself.
    I'm the only one knowing what he's talking about, of course I brought it up. I repeat my assertion

    You know dam well no father in the home results in many of the social ills affecting everything from "Smarter to a fifth grader" to teen pregnancies and certainly education. Including knowing the father of our nation.

    I need no straw man, you haven't even reached straw status, both you and I know I'm right.
    Last edited by Charles Martel; 09-30-09 at 09:20 PM.
    It was the Austrasians, that hewed on bravely through the thick of the fight, it was they who found and cut down the Saracen King.

  6. #106
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: 75 Percent of Oklahoma High School Students Can't Name the First President of the

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    I'm the only one knowing what he's talking about, of course I brought it up. I repeat my assertion

    You know dam well no father in the home results in many of the social ills affecting everything from "Smarter to a fifth grader" to teen pregnancies and certainly education. Including knowing the father of our nation.

    I need no straw man, you haven't even reached straw status, both you and I know I'm right.
    Again, you deflect and have yet to substantiate your claims. Until you do so, this debate cannot progress.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: 75 Percent of Oklahoma High School Students Can't Name the First President of the

    Update from Silver.



    Not a fan of the premise that younger people are inordinately politically ignorant compared to older people, since it simply doesn't seem empirically sound.

  8. #108
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,709

    Re: 75 Percent of Oklahoma High School Students Can't Name the First President of the

    Perhaps not necessarily politically ignorant (though, I do not necessarily disagree), but on the whole, more politically apathetic or uninvolved.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: 75 Percent of Oklahoma High School Students Can't Name the First President of the

    That's more supportable, though there's still a substantial amount of the potential electorate that doesn't actually participate in voting or other political activism among the general population.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: 75 Percent of Oklahoma High School Students Can't Name the First President of the

    75 Percent of Oklahoma High School Students Can't Name the First President of the U.S
    This is why high school is just not a good idea.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •