Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 893

Thread: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

  1. #871
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I agree with the first two statements/questions. It is the third that you and I have a disagreement on. I suppose, from my position, I am looking at the entire picture, not just this one issue, but how things in one area affect others. To me, you are looking at this as a singular issue.
    Not positive that I understand your point but if you are saying that by claiming ANY anti-Obama rhetoric is racism, that would demean the whole argument?....I would agree.....BUT....I don't think anyone is saying that.
    What I'm hearing, & what I believe to be true is that there is a certain portion of people in this country who are racist, & THOSE people will never admit the real reason why tbhey hate Obama. They'll always find "Policy Differences" or some such nonsense to hide their true motivation.....Racism.
    (what really steams me here are the members who will demand proof of this racism!...."Show me where someone says I hate N--ggers", etc..These arguments are simply disingenuous dodges, imo)

    What portion of the anti-Obama movement is represented by real racists is unknowable, as is the specific answer as to whether or not Joe Wilson is....but to argue that it doesn't exist at all....is just not realistic.
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-21-09 at 08:00 AM.

  2. #872
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    We aren't the topic of the thread; Joe Wilson and Jimmy Carter are.
    Then supply the proof to my point, or back off. You can't, and this whole racism business is all about making Obama like teflon. But it isn't going to work, it's going to backfire. People are tired of the race card, and they're not going to allow it in the White House.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #873
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Then supply the proof to my point, or back off. You can't, and this whole racism business is all about making Obama like teflon. But it isn't going to work, it's going to backfire. People are tired of the race card, and they're not going to allow it in the White House.
    Look up.... just above your post for your answer.

  4. #874
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Look up.... just above your post for your answer.
    But we're not talking about racism in general, we're talking about Wilson's comments, and the fact that Carter had to insert himself in the argument to support the notion that they were racist. He should have stayed out of it.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #875
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    But we're not talking about racism in general, we're talking about Wilson's comments, and the fact that Carter had to insert himself in the argument to support the notion that they were racist. He should have stayed out of it.
    Why?........because YOU think he should have stayed out of it?
    (He probably just didn't take into account that you would find fault........Maybe write him & he'll retract his comments)

    & why is that you have a right to your opinions & can express them publicly but former President Carter doesn't?
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-21-09 at 09:21 AM.

  6. #876
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Why?........because YOU think he should have stayed out of it?
    (He probably just didn't take into account that you would find fault........Maybe write him & he'll retract his comments)

    & why is that you have a right to your opinions & can express them publicly but former President Carter doesn't?
    I'm not a former president who looks like a partisan hack for supporting the premise of racism unsubstantiated.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #877
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I'm not a former president

    No you're not.

  8. #878
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,803

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    88 pages, and not one statement that would indicate Carter had even a remote clue about whether or not wilson's comments were based on race.


    I would submit that the "Racism" is on carters side for even bringing it up. It shows whats on his mind more than it does Wilsons.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #879
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    88 pages, and not one statement that would indicate Carter had even a remote clue about whether or not wilson's comments were based on race.


    I would submit that the "Racism" is on carters side for even bringing it up. It shows whats on his mind more than it does Wilsons.
    Well there we have it! Glad we finally got THAT cleared up!

  10. #880
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,803

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Well there we have it! Glad we finally got THAT cleared up!


    That's the smart thing to do, Agree with the Greatness that is the Good Reverend. It brings you up in stature, how could it not?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •