Page 77 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 893

Thread: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

  1. #761
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    This kind of dishonesty, of course, is why it's pointless to try to debate much of anything with you. Thus, I simply point out your ridiculousness, as is the case here.
    No...It's a very simple question which destroys your argument, so you choose to just make a personal attack instead on answering it.

  2. #762
    Clown Prince of Politics
    Psychoclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hiding from the voices in my head.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Former President Carter has no right to believe what he wants too?
    Sure he can believe whatever he wants. Wilson is a racist. The world is flat. Aliens have put a mind control implant in his brain. Just like I have to right to mock each of those beliefs for being completely ridiculous and without any supporting evidence.

    As an ex-President, Carter has no right to share his beliefs/fears with his fellow Americans?
    He has a right to express himself, just like any other American. But there is a long standing tradition of former Presidents not getting involved in partisan matters. Carter has repeatedly broken this tradition and deserves all the criticism he gets for these outbursts.
    Slipping into madness is good for the sake of comparison - Unknown.

  3. #763
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    No...It's a very simple question which destroys your argument, so you choose to just make a personal attack instead on answering it.
    If you actually believe that to be true, then it's doubly apparent why it's pointless to try to debate with you.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #764
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    Are you freaking delusional?
    No...& I don't recall leveling insulting remarks at you, so why do you feel free to insult me?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    Apparently you've moved beyond just twisting people's words to just blatantly making things up now.
    Same question

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    I see no evidence that he acted like a racist idiot. And you and the rest of your left wing hacks continue to fail to bring any credible evidence to the table.
    Just because YOU see no evidence, does that mean it couldn't exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    And even if I did call Obama a liar, which I haven't, just becasue a man lies once doesn't mean he can't be truthful on another occasion.
    I think there are plenty of people here who will say that Obama is a liar when he says things they don't agree with & then call him a liar when he says things they don't agree with.
    I'm not specifically accusing/attacking YOU of this...as you feel free to attack me.....but it is certainly true of others & perhaps true of you. (I'd have to go back through your posts to make such an accusation..)

  5. #765
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    Sure he can believe whatever he wants.
    Then he has a right to believe what he said..Thanks for answering that directly
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    Just like I have to right to mock each of those beliefs for being completely ridiculous and without any supporting evidence.
    Absolutely!...That is YOUR right.



    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    He has a right to express himself, just like any other American.
    Thanks again...I agree with you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    But there is a long standing tradition of former Presidents not getting involved in partisan matters.
    Bush has broken that tradition as well recently & besides, breaking a tradition is not a crime, especially if one does it with the intent of helping his country.
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-19-09 at 02:35 PM.

  6. #766
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    If you actually believe that to be true, then it's doubly apparent why it's pointless to try to debate with you.
    I do believe that is true & I believe the reason why you feel debate with me is pointless is that you can't win a debate by making personal attacks, which is your main tactic & therefore you get aggravated at your inability to address the issues..

  7. #767
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I do believe that is true & I believe the reason why you feel debate with me is pointless is that you can't win a debate by making personal attacks, which is you only tactic, & therefore you get aggravated at your inability to address the issues..
    Yeah. Meanwhile, no one argued that Carter didn't have the right to his opinion. I certainly didn't and it can't be fairly implied that I did.

    See, if you're going to have a meaningful debate with someone, that person needs to have the ability to 1) understand what you're saying, and 2) be honest enough not to twist it and make things up.

    You've repeatedly demonstrated that you lack in one or both areas, and have just done so here. Is it more because of one or the other? Don't know, but my suspicion is that your extreme bad faith tends to drive your incomprehension.

    So, as I said, no actual debate is even possible with you. (Not that this won't fall on deaf ears like everything else, though.)
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #768
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Yeah. Meanwhile, no one argued that Carter didn't have the right to his opinion. I certainly didn't and it can't be fairly implied that I did.

    See, if you're going to have a meaningful debate with someone, that person needs to have the ability to 1) understand what you're saying, and 2) be honest enough not to twist it and make things up.

    You've repeatedly demonstrated that you lack in one or both areas, and have just done so here. Is it more because of one or the other? Don't know, but my suspicion is that your extreme bad faith tends to drive your incomprehension.

    So, as I said, no actual debate is even possible with you. (Not that this won't fall on deaf ears like everything else, though.)
    So you respond with yet another personal attack??

    & yet I am the dishonest one who twists things?


    When you can debate issues & not resort to personal attack, then you'll be doing more than throwing temper tantrums, which is what you're doing right now.

  9. #769
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל • אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Moderator's Warning:
    Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'Stop the games or I begin to thread-ban or worse.

    אשכנזי היהודי • Белый Россию

  10. #770
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    No problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I think this whole thread (now 76 pages long) can be summed up in one sentence:

    Former President Jimmy Carter believes that much of the anti-Obama rhetoric, hatred & anger has racism as its base.

    Much of this entire thread is a heated rant against Mr. Carter's right to have such a belief, & nothing more.
    Kindly point out, specifically, where anyone said Carter didn't have the right to his belief. No dodging, no generalities, no distractions, no non-sequiturs -- and no "mind reading," considering that's supposedly taboo. Let's see it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 77 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •