Page 71 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 893

Thread: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

  1. #701
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    And you can't quote one ?

    Evidence regarding the outburst, DOES NOT EXIST, just unrelated smear attempts.
    Just came down & having my first cup of coffee but found this one in 3 minutes:




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alex View Post

    I am failing to see how Wilson's outburst was in any way a racist one.
    (my emphasis)






    When I have more time I'll find more for you.

  2. #702
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I will thank you kindly not to mischaracterize my state. Your experiences in one limited era, among a limited group of people, over the course of three years only, do not constitute sufficient evidence to postulate SouthCarolinian = Racist.

    I've known people from the New England states who were virulently racist. So what?

    I grew up in the 60's and 70's in SC. Granted the "seperate but equal" mentality was still prevalent then. In the 80's and 90's things changed dramatically and the modern, typical SC'linian is no more racist than someone from NH, NJ or Illinois.

    I am so sick of the modern South being tarred with the brush of racism... look to your own state, you'll undoubtably find some racists and KKK members there. The views of small extreme minority do not characterize a whole state.
    I grew up in Mississippi in the 60s and didn't know the KKK existed. It was separate but equal in public, but I had many neighboring black kids that I played with and were welcome in my house, as I was in theirs.

    I found the people in Chicago, just five years ago, to be the most racist people I've ever seen.

    There's an old saying that couldn't be more true:

    The people of the south hate the black race, but love the people, while people in the north love the black race but hate the people.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #703
    Clown Prince of Politics
    Psychoclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hiding from the voices in my head.
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Just came down & having my first cup of coffee but found this one in 3 minutes:

    I am failing to see how Wilson's outburst was in any way a racist one. (my emphasis)
    When I have more time I'll find more for you.
    He's saying he fails to see how the outburst was racially motivated. I fail to see it too, because so far no credible evidence has been brought forth. If I see some actual proof that Wilson has issues with race, then I could see his outburst being racially motivated. Until then, I can't see it.
    Slipping into madness is good for the sake of comparison - Unknown.

  4. #704
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,054

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    Evidence? Link? Something to back that up?
    This is absolutely true. Not only do black Americans as a group harbor the most intensely racist views in America, they carry that same prejudice within their group based on "how black" they are. There is bitter discrimination between dark-skinned and light-skinned blacks, as well as a general dislike for whites, Hispanics, and Asians.

    Yet, they can get away with saying anything to anybody at any time and not get called on it.

    It's just the way it is.

  5. #705
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    He's saying he fails to see how the outburst was racially motivated. I fail to see it too, because so far no credible evidence has been brought forth. If I see some actual proof that Wilson has issues with race, then I could see his outburst being racially motivated. Until then, I can't see it.
    Even if Wilson said something racial in the past, that is not evidence that this comment is racial. These liberals think they can known what is inside a man's head at a given moment. Unless Wilson said, "You lie, nigger!" then they have nothing. All these threads about this, and that idiot Carter inserting himself is nothing but partisan hackery promoting unsubstantiated claims. If they want to spank him for saying something rude in the House, that's all they have and nothing more.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #706
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Now Bill Cosby is agreeing with Carter.

    Bill Cosby, Obama, and race - THE WEEK

    If anybody has treated Bill Cosby very well it is the republicans who like his conservative views.

  7. #707
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,054

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    See what happens? When you say "racist", then the media doesn't have to address the claim Wilson made, that Obama was lying when he said illegals won't receive benefits. That's not even being talked about.

    The Race Card. Liberals don't leave home without it.

  8. #708
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,530

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Besides, aside from the tacit admission that Wilson was right, by adding provisions to the bill, now Obama says he wants to back-door the whole thing:

    Obama: Legalize illegals to get them health care - Washington Times

    President Obama said this week that his health care plan won't cover illegal immigrants, but argued that's all the more reason to legalize them and ensure they eventually do get coverage.
    And who could possibly think this wasn't his intent all along? Hell, most of the people for the bill and insisting that Obama was being completely truthful would voice their full-throated support if it weren't colossally inconvenient to do so at the moment (by their own doing, of course).
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #709
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,530

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Just came down & having my first cup of coffee but found this one in 3 minutes:




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alex View Post

    I am failing to see how Wilson's outburst was in any way a racist one.
    (my emphasis)






    When I have more time I'll find more for you.
    This is what you claimed, genius:

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I'm referring to many posts saying that Wilson's outburst "was not racially motivated." If you go back through the threads regarding Wilson you will find them. (I even asked someone if he could read minds in one)
    This:

    I am failing to see how Wilson's outburst was in any way a racist one.[/I] (my emphasis)
    Is not the same thing. He says there's no evidence to support the idea that it was racist, not that he knows Wilson's mind.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #710
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    He's saying he fails to see how the outburst was racially motivated. I fail to see it too, because so far no credible evidence has been brought forth. If I see some actual proof that Wilson has issues with race, then I could see his outburst being racially motivated. Until then, I can't see it.
    As usual we are off to the "Semantics Weed Forest" again.
    What is plain to anyone is that the ONLY way Alex could KNOW what was in Wilson's mind... when he (Alex) says: "I am failing to see how Wilson's outburst was in any way a racist one."....is if Alex can read minds.......How can he KNOW what Wilson was thinking?

    That's.kinda the whole point here.
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-18-09 at 11:39 AM.

Page 71 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •