Page 51 of 90 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 893

Thread: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

  1. #501
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Re-read this & other threads on this subject. Plenty has been posted already.
    Simple falsehood.

    "Oh I have it, I just don't have it on me"

    If you had it, you would have posted it, but you don't, because "it" is non-existant.

  2. #502
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I didn't really get much further than this before I noticed the avatar and user title.

    Shock and awe. Shock and awe.

    Too funny.
    I was tempted to go for Irony and change my sig line to

    "Sherman. Great General? Or Greatest General?"

    (answer is greatest. Total War baby, WOO)

    But I've enjoyed the sig line pointing out the defening silence too much to lose it for the moment.

    Now someone just needs to comment on how racist I am for having the Confederate Flag up on my avatar and I can politely inform them that no, I do not, its not on a white field. Its fun educating people of that common misconception that the Battle Flag in and of itself is the actual "Confederate Flag".

  3. #503
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    And those people are generally hacks, extremely partisan agenda driven people, are extremely ignorant folks...or a mix of the three.

    Making an argument that Bush's administrations actions played into it could legitimately be made. Making one that its directly due to them is absolutely asinine and strains credibility and logical thought, not to mention would make any honest and neutral person with any knowledge of national security and intellegence gathering blush at the mere thought of it. The amount of threats recieved on a daily basis is staggering, and even serious threats are hardly an uncommon thing. There was little logical true information and trying to pick one questionable thing, the planes, out of a field of hundreds of potential questionable things is like picking a needle out of a hay stack.

    Nevermind that even if you go with the "Ineptness of Bush administration" theory you still could not lay the entire blame on them as its impossible, if you're going to blame Presidents, to not lay some at the feet of Clinton and indeed a more logical and strong argument could be made to place the blame on Clinton...though those that try to put the whole of the blame on him are also being foolish. From the piss poor reactions to the 1993 bombs, the embassy bombings, the kobar tower bombings, and the USS Cole bombings...to the Gorelick Wall that cause the actual Law Enforcement and Intelligence agencies and groups within the country from sharing information that would've made putting the pieces of the puzzle together FAR more likely than anything Bush could've done...to not capitalizing on taking out the head of the organization when it was possible, one can not soley or even majoritily put the blame on the Bush Administration alone while ignoring the Clinton administrations own actions.

    No sir, you're just flat out wrong and make yourself look foolish in even trying to drum up this argument in the phony and rather pathetic disguise of you claiming that this is what others are saying to try to distance it from being your own obvious thought.
    And aside from all this . . . can you imagine what these (*ahem*) critics of Bush would have said if he had taken the steps necessary to stop it from happening? The howls about how it was all a power grab, and how there was no direct evidence in the slightest that something so "preposterous" was likely to happen? Think about everything that would have had to have been to stop the specific 9/11 operation based on the information they had . . .
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #504
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Many believe that the 9/11 attack was successful directly due to the ineptness of the Bush administration in:

    1. Taking the entire month off (preceding the attack) AFTER being warned by the CIA that an Al Quieda attack was imminent

    AND

    2. Dismissing the FBI warnings that Arab men were paying cash to learn how to fly airliners.......Not take-off or landings...Just flight.
    Once again, the “many” you speak of is a tiny minority of uninformed conspiracy theorists.

    I am amused that you think this represents mainstream thought processes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    So...A good argument can be made that Bush & the GOP were derelict in their national security duties both before the 9/11 attack & after in the failing to ever get Bin Ladin & diverting attention to Iraq for oil.
    I am still looking for that “good” argument and to date, NONE exist. You are welcome to attempt to re-write the historic facts and pretend that the conspiracies you obviously bought into based on your partisan bias are facts, but I assure you that your attempts, as the many others that blather the internet, will be nothing more than more of the same; nonsensical lies promoted in an attempt to impugn those you disagree with politically.

    But hey, maybe you have uncovered some new credible facts and their sources you can link here so that I can become more informed?

  5. #505
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Now someone just needs to comment on how racist I am for having the Confederate Flag up on my avatar and I can politely inform them that no, I do not, its not on a white field.
    What a racist flag! How dare you?!


  6. #506
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Would you describe the shed as difficult to get into ?
    Go into the light Voidwar.

  7. #507
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    That is only if they have been very very bad
    ........... I am having a visual of a poisonous spider weaving a vast web for flies who have too much testosterone.

  8. #508
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Go into the light Voidwar.
    Hell with that man, I'm tryin to get into the shed.

  9. #509
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Hell with that man, I'm tryin to get into the shed.
    I know........ I am sure Laila has a waiting list.

  10. #510
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    And those people are generally hacks, extremely partisan agenda driven people, are extremely ignorant folks...or a mix of the three.

    Making an argument that Bush's administrations actions played into it could legitimately be made. Making one that its directly due to them is absolutely asinine and strains credibility and logical thought, not to mention would make any honest and neutral person with any knowledge of national security and intellegence gathering blush at the mere thought of it. The amount of threats recieved on a daily basis is staggering, and even serious threats are hardly an uncommon thing. There was little logical true information and trying to pick one questionable thing, the planes, out of a field of hundreds of potential questionable things is like picking a needle out of a hay stack.

    Nevermind that even if you go with the "Ineptness of Bush administration" theory you still could not lay the entire blame on them as its impossible, if you're going to blame Presidents, to not lay some at the feet of Clinton and indeed a more logical and strong argument could be made to place the blame on Clinton...though those that try to put the whole of the blame on him are also being foolish. From the piss poor reactions to the 1993 bombs, the embassy bombings, the kobar tower bombings, and the USS Cole bombings...to the Gorelick Wall that cause the actual Law Enforcement and Intelligence agencies and groups within the country from sharing information that would've made putting the pieces of the puzzle together FAR more likely than anything Bush could've done...to not capitalizing on taking out the head of the organization when it was possible, one can not soley or even majoritily put the blame on the Bush Administration alone while ignoring the Clinton administrations own actions.

    No sir, you're just flat out wrong and make yourself look foolish in even trying to drum up this argument in the phony and rather pathetic disguise of you claiming that this is what others are saying to try to distance it from being your own obvious thought.
    Wow, that was much harsher than my response; but here we are in agreement.

Page 51 of 90 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •