Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 893

Thread: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

  1. #31
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by TOJ View Post
    I'm not surprised.

    That would be the same Carter that has shown himself to have strong antisemitism leanings time after time. He has zero credibility concerning race or ethnicity.
    What Carter are we discussing? Because the things i like about Carter has nothing to do with being anti semetic


  2. #32
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    What Carter are we discussing? Because the things i like about Carter has nothing to do with being anti semetic
    'We' are discussing Jimmy Carter, past President of the USA, anti-semite extraordinaire.

    .

    Here, there is already a thread on this:
    Carter again shows his stupidity

    .
    Last edited by TOJ; 09-16-09 at 06:23 AM.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Before passing judgment, I'd like to see some evidence of Carter's claims. IMO, all the accusations that the disagreements with Obama are based on racism are pretty ridiculous. From what I see, most who disagree with him, disagree because of ideology or because they do not like his policies. So, before Carter starts bringing in the race card, I would hope that he would have something substantial to back it up. Thus far, I see nada.
    Those who claim they KNOW Wilson's outburst was racially motivated are no more compelling than those who claim they KNOW it was not.
    Unless you're a mind reader, no one can KNOW what is going on in another man's mind.
    That being said, a reasonable person can have strong suspicions that Wilson's outburst was in fact racially motivated, & I believe that is what former President Carter was saying......He has suspicions..
    Very little is know about SC Congressman Joe Wilson at this point, but there is enough evidence out there to convince me that racism MAY well have been his motive.


    As a piece of information I offer in support of my suspicion I offer a portion of Maureen Dowd's NY Times column in which she writes:
    "The congressman, we learned, belonged to the Sons of Confederate Veterans, led a 2000 campaign to keep the Confederate flag waving above South Carolina’s state Capitol and denounced as a “smear” the true claim of a black woman that she was the daughter of Strom Thurmond, the ’48 segregationist candidate for president. Wilson clearly did not like being lectured and even rebuked by the brainy black president presiding over the majestic chamber.
    ImmigrationProf Blog: Is Joe Wilson a Racist?

    Additionally I offer this:
    Mary's World: Joe Wilson is the Poster Child for the Racist Right.

    Here is a web search...with many more hits.... in response to the question: Is Joe Wilson racist:
    joe wilson racist? - Yahoo! Search Results




    I offer the above not as proof of Wilson's racial motivation but as proof that such a charge cannot possibly be simply dismissed out of hand.
    In police work, the test of "Probable Cause" is one that an investigator must pass in order to receive an arrest or search warrant from a court of law & , while the evidence threshold is low in an application for a warrant, it must be reasonable enough to convince a judge or magistrate that a search is warranted. I believe (my opinion) the above information would establish enough "PC" to get a search warrant from any magistrate in this country, if applied for.
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-16-09 at 07:35 AM.

  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Those who claim they KNOW Wilson's outburst was racially motivated are no more compelling than those who claim they KNOW it was not.
    Unless you're a mind reader, no one can KNOW what is going on in another man's mind.
    That being said, a reasonable person can have strong suspicions that Wilson's outburst was in fact racialy motivated.
    Very little is know about SC Congressman Joe Wilson at this point, but there is enough evidence out there to convince me that racism MAY well have been his motive.


    As a piece of information I offer in support of my suspicion I offer a portion of Maureen Dowd's NY Times column in which she writes:
    "The congressman, we learned, belonged to the Sons of Confederate Veterans, led a 2000 campaign to keep the Confederate flag waving above South Carolina’s state Capitol and denounced as a “smear” the true claim of a black woman that she was the daughter of Strom Thurmond, the ’48 segregationist candidate for president. Wilson clearly did not like being lectured and even rebuked by the brainy black president presiding over the majestic chamber.
    ImmigrationProf Blog: Is Joe Wilson a Racist?

    Additionally I offer this:
    Mary's World: Joe Wilson is the Poster Child for the Racist Right.

    Here is a web search...with many more hits.... in response to the question: Is Joe Wilson racist:
    joe wilson racist? - Yahoo! Search Results




    I offer the above not as proof of Wilson's racial motivation but as proof that such a charge cannot possibly be simply dismissed out of hand.
    In police work, the test of "Probable Cause" is one that an investigator must pass in order to receive an arrest or search warrant from a court of law. I believe (my opinion) the above information would establish enough "PC" to get a search warrant from any magistrate in this country.
    This evidence is not compelling enough for me. There are plenty of folks who appreciate the Confederate flag and are not racist. There are plenty of folks who believed that the what the Confederacy did was just and legal, and are not racist. I would need more proof than this.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    This evidence is not compelling enough for me. There are plenty of folks who appreciate the Confederate flag and are not racist. There are plenty of folks who believed that the what the Confederacy did was just and legal, and are not racist. I would need more proof than this.
    Alright your honor.........I admit the evidence I presented (at this time) is sparse but I'd ask if you read this portion of Ms. Dowd's article as well: (Wilson) "denounced as a “smear” the true claim of a black woman that she was the daughter of Strom Thurmond, the ’48 segregationist candidate for president. "
    I'd request that you withhold your final determination for another week.... during which time I expect more evidence will be uncovered about Mr. Wilson's racist beliefs that may be more compelling for you.
    In the mean time, I'd request this court issue an order to Rep. Joe Wilson to not erase or destroy any letters, computer files or electronic communications in his possession or control that may shed some more light on his motivations.
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-16-09 at 08:01 AM.

  6. #36
    User EvilNixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Memphis
    Last Seen
    12-16-09 @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    It's kind of dangerous to just dismiss anyone who disagrees with Obama as racist.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
    It's kind of dangerous to just dismiss anyone who disagrees with Obama as racist.
    Very few dismiss anyone who disagrees with Obama as racist. I have a few things I disagree with him about too....but....It's also dangerous to not consider racism is the cause of some of the anti-Obama rhetoric since he is our first black President & no one seriously thinks racism is all in the past in this country,

  8. #38
    User EvilNixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Memphis
    Last Seen
    12-16-09 @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Very few dismiss anyone who disagrees with Obama as racist. I have a few things I disagree with him about too....but....It's also dangerous to not consider racism is the cause of some of the anti-Obama rhetoric since he is our first black President & no one seriously thinks racism is all in the past in this country,
    That's exactly what Jimmy Carter just did. Racism may play a part,but it's being grossly overstated to make Obama out as a victim. lulz

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
    That's exactly what Jimmy Carter just did. Racism may play a part,but it's being grossly overstated to make Obama out as a victim. lulz
    As far as I know Jimmy Carter has not labeled everyone who disagrees with Obama a racist.
    BTW....I like your nickname!

  10. #40
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Very few dismiss anyone who disagrees with Obama as racist.
    When one of the very few is a former US President, and he spouts off his mouth publically, it holds a lot of water with the masses looking for racism. I swear, sometimes you wonder if people like Jimmy Carter are trying to cause further racial problems with this kind of crap. Is this Helter Skelter???
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •