Page 18 of 90 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 893

Thread: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

  1. #171
    Clown Prince of Politics
    Psychoclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hiding from the voices in my head.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    And "actual" news source?

    Excuse me, but what are you talking about?
    Something credible like CNN, NBC, the New York Times, the Chicago Tribune. Not a random website I've never heard of.
    Slipping into madness is good for the sake of comparison - Unknown.

  2. #172
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Obama was simply saying that his grandmother was "a typical white person."...No racism mentioned or implied.
    Here's his quote:

    But she is a typical white person who, uh, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know there's a reaction that's been been bred into our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way and that's just the nature of race in our society. We have to break through it
    Now why does that behavior describe "typical white people" and not people in general?

    It was a dumb thing to say and I'm sure he'd change it if he had the chance.

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by windovervocalcords View Post
    Carter has a point.
    Yes, he has a point, a point that is unsupported by evidence.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    Another dodge!

    As I said, I can't debate Rush's body of work because I don't listen to him and have no desire to. However, YOU brought up a specific song and YOU claimed THAT SONG was racist. I'm still waiting for you to explain exactly how that song is racist.
    I'm not one to cry 'Racist!' at all, but Rush has made numerous offensive remarks that could easily be construed as being racist. If feel that referring to Obama as 'the magic negro' is offensive and makes Rush look like the loudmouth that he appears to be.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Actually, I think Carter's reasoning was that for a representative to get so heated over a speech, implies something deeper. Carter interpreted that something deeper as racism. I think it has more to do with the widening of the ideological divide and the propaganda perpetrated by the media.
    I highlighted the key words in your post. Avail yourself of the dictionary so that you can understand the logical shortcomings of your argument...

    Whatever it was, it was an emotional reaction, a clear aversion towards Obama that had less to do with what Obama was saying than the fact it was him saying it.
    No, it had everything to do with what Obama said because OBAMA LIED.

  6. #176
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,725

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    I'm not one to cry 'Racist!' at all, but Rush has made numerous offensive remarks that could easily be construed as being racist. If feel that referring to Obama as 'the magic negro' is offensive and makes Rush look like the loudmouth that he appears to be.



    Rush did not refer to Obama as the magic negro... Put your talking points down.



    Obama did say racism was typical of white people.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #177
    Clown Prince of Politics
    Psychoclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hiding from the voices in my head.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    I'm not one to cry 'Racist!' at all, but Rush has made numerous offensive remarks that could easily be construed as being racist. If feel that referring to Obama as 'the magic negro' is offensive and makes Rush look like the loudmouth that he appears to be.
    Again, I'm not interested in debating about Rush. I don't care for him and haven't listened to him enough to make a call on if he's racist or not. And I really don't care because I think Rush is a pompous windbag either way.

    Now, moving back to the Magic Negro song. How is it offensive? Rush didn't coin the term, a black writer for the LA Times did (which is referenced in the song itself).

    I'll give you the same challenge I gave liblady. Listen to the song in the link I provided and tell me exactly which lyrics are so offensive and racist? Should be easy if its as bad as folks are making it out to be.
    Slipping into madness is good for the sake of comparison - Unknown.

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Rush did not refer to Obama as the magic negro... Put your talking points down.



    Obama did say racism was typical of white people.
    You don't need to convince me that Obama has a hang up about race. He went to Reverand Wright's church for 20 years, didn't he?

    Here are some of Rush's more delightful quotes:

    "The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

    "They oughtta change Black History Month to Black Progress Month and start measuring it."

    "Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

    I mean, letís face it, we didnít have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. Iím not saying we should bring it back; Iím just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

    You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.

    Take that bone out of your nose and call me back(to an African American female caller).
    There are more, just google 'Rush Limbaugh racist quotes. I'm not Black, but I find these quotes offensive.

  9. #179
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,725

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    You don't need to convince me that Obama has a hang up about race. He went to Reverand Wright's church for 20 years, didn't he?

    Here are some of Rush's more delightful quotes:



    There are more, just google 'Rush Limbaugh racist quotes. I'm not Black, but I find these quotes offensive.



    links to them in context, I remember the NAACP comment, and it was not racist in context, in fact it points out the NAACP's own racism....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #180
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.
    You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.
    Take that bone out of your nose and call me back(to an African American female caller).
    Now those got a raised eyebrow.

    What a jackass.
    Last edited by Laila; 09-16-09 at 04:03 PM.


Page 18 of 90 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •