Page 17 of 90 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 893

Thread: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

  1. #161
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Link please. When I claim a FACT (like you just did) I back it up with a link)

    This is a lie, you bloviate nonsensically and avoid facts like a fat kid avoids salads.


    Opinions....No....but claimed facts need to be proved.


    You have no standing to make this comment as you are the worst offender.



    It is common knowledge that Obama in a radio interview after his "Race" speech said his grandmothers racism was "typical of white people"....



    Obama Calls Grandmother 'Typical White Person' in Radio Interview - Political News - FOXNews.com
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #162
    Clown Prince of Politics
    Psychoclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hiding from the voices in my head.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    The Rev. Eric Dean, an American Southerner living in Europe, had been hearing the rumors for months. Finally, he decided to pay a visit to a former high-ranking leader of the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV), the Southern heritage group of which Dean had long been a proud member.

    For Rev. Dean, the clincher was a sermon from the SCV's chaplain in chief that attacked "racial interbreeding" as ungodly and described slavery as biblically sanctioned.

    SPLCenter.org: Into The Wild

    SPLCenter.org: Into The Wild
    Got anything from an actual news source?

    And even if this is true, as James M. McPerson said, it doesn't mean every member and every chapter promotes that agenda. If Wilson is really a racist, then I'm sure he's on record somewhere supporting this new leadership.
    Slipping into madness is good for the sake of comparison - Unknown.

  3. #163
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    The Rev. Eric Dean, an American Southerner living in Europe, had been hearing the rumors for months. Finally, he decided to pay a visit to a former high-ranking leader of the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV), the Southern heritage group of which Dean had long been a proud member.

    For Rev. Dean, the clincher was a sermon from the SCV's chaplain in chief that attacked "racial interbreeding" as ungodly and described slavery as biblically sanctioned.

    SPLCenter.org: Into The Wild

    SPLCenter.org: Into The Wild
    Mind if I summarize?
    1. The Rev. Eric Dean had been hearing rumors for months
    2. The Rev. Eric Dean hears an SCV chaplain in chief sermon he deems racist
    3. Therefore, Joe Wilson's "you lie" remark was probably racist.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    This is a lie,
    No....But this is:


    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    It is common knowledge that Obama in a radio interview after his "Race" speech said his grandmothers racism was "typical of white people"....



    Obama Calls Grandmother 'Typical White Person' in Radio Interview - Political News - FOXNews.com

    Obama was simply saying that his grandmother was "a typical white person."...No racism mentioned or implied.
    That lie has been spread by Fox News & the GOP for over a year & backlash from it helped to get Obama elected.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    Got anything from an actual news source?

    And even if this is true, as James M. McPerson said, it doesn't mean every member and every chapter promotes that agenda. If Wilson is really a racist, then I'm sure he's on record somewhere supporting this new leadership.
    And "actual" news source?

    Excuse me, but what are you talking about?

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    09-19-09 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    374

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Mind if I summarize?
    1. The Rev. Eric Dean had been hearing rumors for months
    2. The Rev. Eric Dean hears an SCV chaplain in chief sermon he deems racist
    3. Therefore, Joe Wilson's "you lie" remark was probably racist.
    Too bad your summary fails.

  7. #167
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    No....But this is:





    Obama was simply saying that his grandmother was "a typical white person."...No racism mentioned or implied.
    That lie has been spread by Fox News & the GOP for over a year & backlash from it helped to get Obama elected.





    What actions was she typical of?


    Oh wait, making racial utterances that made him cringe or crossing the street when seeing black men.....



    FAIL
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'


  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    I'm just giving my opinion. Yes, I think intuition based on subtle nuances of expression or tone of voice can tell a lot.

    I haven't met the guy, just saw that one clip, but I do suspect that he may very well have some racial problems with Obama. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

    Also, the fact that the comment that Obama was making was regarding illegal aliens is another tip off. He obviously also has strong feelings about them, most of whom are Mexican as we all know.
    Yea, nevermind the fact that Obama was actually lying and Wilson simply made a factual assertion concerning Obama's honesty. Nevermind that, it MUST be racism...

  10. #170
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Limt View Post
    Too bad your summary fails.
    Agreed.

    I based it off of your logic, so it really had no chance.

Page 17 of 90 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •