Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Results 261 to 269 of 269

Thread: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post


    so you (as usual) are lying.
    You can say that to ME......After all we've meant to each other?!?

  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You try and gloat all the time even though you are wrong, again most of the time.

    Who was wrong here?


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    The first (BA-1) was in November of 1973. They were running 3 classes of 53 students every 10 weeks. So to be in (BA-4) according to your statement is possible and does sound credible.

    They were indeed also "special agents."

    Anyone can get this information here...

    DEA History Book, 1970 - 1975

    I don't think he would have made this up, and it jives with the web site 100%.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Don't feel bad, so do I, for the not being an LEO anyway.

    I officially apologies to Devil for doubting his being an LEO.

  3. #263
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yes, they are, and I consider that a GREAT thing. I don't want restrictions placed on stem cell research when it has the possibility to save millions of lives. From your responses, we can assume that you are adamantly against medical and scientific advances. Big shock, that.

    Here's the thing...

    We can already inject DNA into the nucleus of a cow egg and zap it with electricity, thus reprogramming that egg to be human. And we can even get that egg to start dividing as if it were an embryo, creating a bunch of human stem cells. Beyond that, we just aren’t sure. Will these embryos create viable stem cells to treat all those nasty human diseases? Or will they just be duds that act too much like cow cells to be usable by humans? If there’s even a small chance that the former will come to pass, it’s worth investigating – and we’ll have solved the human stem cell shortage problem. --Animal-human hybrid clones
    See? We can eliminate the need for human embryos in stem cell research. Banning such research means we'll continue using human embryos. Don't you want to save the children?!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Does not look like so much of a waist anymore does it?
    Actually, this looks like a waist.



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So you did not respond correctly to my initial reply I see.
    Ah. You didn't like my response, so it's "incorrect." Was I required to "respond correctly?" And who gets to decide what a "correct" response is? YOU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So you either completely missed my point or are being willfully ignorant.
    Oh, I got your point. I responded the way I did because your point is stupid.

    You see, slapping a New and Improved! name on an existing thing/place/geographical area doesn't really change anything about that existing thing/place/geographical area. Whatever animal health businesses in that area today were also there last week - before the "Animal Corridor" designation was plastered over them - doing business as they've always done. Whatever presumed "tourism" that might occur because the region has a fancy new title (pasted on top of NO CHANGES/IMPROVEMENTS WHATSOEVER) will surely not make or break these businesses.

    Be serious, dude. How many people who never had any interest in going to Kansas City are suddenly going to make vacation plans because the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor title is SO incredibly intriguing?

    You know, I remember when they changed the name of Candlestick Park in 1995. The park didn't change. The location didn't change. The crappy weather didn't change. And nobody called it 3Com Park. Or San Francisco Stadium at Candlestick Point. Or Monster Park. The Giants never stopped calling the stadium Candlestick Park in their media guides. It was and always will be Candlestick Park, no matter how many names they give it. The city/county even had to change the freeway signs back to read "Candlestick Park" because those other lame names just got people hopelessly lost. The bottom line is, the fancy new names changed nothing and did nothing to improve tourism. Essentially, the whole name change thing was a flop.

    I'm sorry, but I believe spending congressional time discussing nifty new business-related monikers (that will never be used except by total dinks) for geographical regions is a complete waste of my tax dollars. Obviously, you think such things are just great.

    God help us.
    Last edited by Glinda; 09-19-09 at 02:11 PM.

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    You know, I remember when they changed the name of Candlestick Park in 1995. The park didn't change. The location didn't change. The crappy weather didn't change. And nobody called it 3Com Park. Or San Francisco Stadium at Candlestick Point. Or Monster Park. The Giants never stopped calling the stadium Candlestick Park in their media guides. It was and always will be Candlestick Park, no matter how many names they give it. The city/county even had to change the freeway signs back to read "Candlestick Park" because those other lame names just got people hopelessly lost. The bottom line is, the fancy new names changed nothing and did nothing to improve tourism. Essentially, the whole name change thing was a flop.
    100% behind you on this.

    It will always be Candlestick, and you get to name things ONCE.

  5. #265
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Intercourse is between two (or in some cases multiple) people. You can't say the guy had sex but the woman didn't sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

    There is a reason it is called oral SEX, it is STILL SEX.
    Sexual Intercourse by any definition is penetration. Having oral intercourse is one having contact with another's genitals according to the dictionary definition. So the person giving would be the one having oral intercourse. Clinton was just plain selfish being the receiver. Anyway here is the exhibit on the agreed upon definition

    http://icreport.access.gpo.gov/hd105-311/vol3/tab2.pdf

    Also you can have relations with a married person and not commit an affair. The married person would be committing the affair but you being single would not. The point is certain words have specific definitions.

  6. #266
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Yes, they are, and I consider that a GREAT thing. I don't want restrictions placed on stem cell research when it has the possibility to save millions of lives. From your responses, we can assume that you are adamantly against medical and scientific advances. Big shock, that.
    Because you don't like it is not a good enough reason to call it a waste of tax payer money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Here's the thing...

    See? We can eliminate the need for human embryos in stem cell research. Banning such research means we'll continue using human embryos. Don't you want to save the children?!?!?
    I personally don't care about an unborn human embryo, others do.

    This line is nothing but a fallacy as your argument has nothing at all to do with mine.

    My argument is based on tangible economics, it can be proven. Your is based on an appeal to authority that has little to no bearing to my argument at all.


    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Actually, this looks like a waist.
    Oh my goodness, you got me. A typo! Oh no!

    You Win the Internet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Ah. You didn't like my response, so it's "incorrect." Was I required to "respond correctly?" And who gets to decide what a "correct" response is? YOU?
    Ahhh no. Your response had nothing to do with my argument. As I said are you being willfully ignorant? Or is reading comprehension not your forte?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Oh, I got your point. I responded the way I did because your point is stupid.
    I applaud your brilliant response!

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    You see, slapping a New and Improved! name on an existing thing/place/geographical area doesn't really change anything about that existing thing/place/geographical area. Whatever animal health businesses in that area today were also there last week - before the "Animal Corridor" designation was plastered over them - doing business as they've always done. Whatever presumed "tourism" that might occur because the region has a fancy new title (pasted on top of NO CHANGES/IMPROVEMENTS WHATSOEVER) will surely not make or break these businesses.
    You have no concept of marketing do you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Be serious, dude. How many people who never had any interest in going to Kansas City are suddenly going to make vacation plans because the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor title is SO incredibly intriguing?
    I would think none and it was not done for that reason. You are instead of attacking my argument, arguing against unrelated examples I used.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    You know, I remember when they changed the name of Candlestick Park in 1995. The park didn't change. The location didn't change. The crappy weather didn't change. And nobody called it 3Com Park. Or San Francisco Stadium at Candlestick Point. Or Monster Park. The Giants never stopped calling the stadium Candlestick Park in their media guides. It was and always will be Candlestick Park, no matter how many names they give it. The city/county even had to change the freeway signs back to read "Candlestick Park" because those other lame names just got people hopelessly lost. The bottom line is, the fancy new names changed nothing and did nothing to improve tourism. Essentially, the whole name change thing was a flop.

    I'm sorry, but I believe spending congressional time discussing nifty new business-related monikers (that will never be used except by total dinks) for geographical regions is a complete waste of my tax dollars. Obviously, you think such things are just great.

    God help us.
    That has to be the longest fallacy argument I have ever read? Apples and oranges. Then again it is par for the course I guess.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 09-19-09 at 06:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #267
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Who was wrong here?
    Oh _y __D Y_u Ar_ a du_b a__.

    Figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #268
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Because you don't like it is not a good enough reason to call it a waste of tax payer money.
    Ah. The old My opinion is right and yours is wrong tactic, eh?

    Sorry friend, but you don't get to decide what is/is not a "good enough reason" to base my opinions upon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    My argument is based on tangible economics, it can be proven.
    You're on! Prove to me that the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor designation has produced tangible economic increases in the region.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You have no concept of marketing do you?
    Actually I have quite a bit of experience in the area, but that's beside the point. Tell me, were you living in the SF Bay Area when Candlestick's name was repeatedly changed? I was. And I can tell you that the tangible impact it had on the locals was IT PISSED THEM OFF and had zero impact on the people not living in the area (other than to confuse the hell out of them when they came to town). The genius "marketing" of Candlestick's name was a massive and colossal flop, and it did NOT bring "tangible economic" increases to the SF Bay Area in any way, shape, or form.

    Similarly, SF's Pac Bell Park which opened in 2000 and was renamed SBC Park in 2003, then re-renamed AT&T Park in 2006 is still known by everyone in the region as Pac Bell Park. And those name changes also did NOT bring "tangible economic" increases to the SF Bay Area in any way, shape, or form.

    That being said, I've already stated that it's entirely possible the sparkly new Kansas City Animal Health Corridor designation will bring notoriety and prosperity to the region beyond anyone's imagining, but I have serious doubts.

    Clearly, you do not. *shrug*

    Nevertheless, I consider the energy spent by congress on the matter a waste of time. Almost as much a waste of time as this having loopy discussion with you. Good day!

  9. #269
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Moderator's Warning:
    House passes resolution criticizing WilsonLet's keep things civil.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •