Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 269

Thread: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    You jumped from Clinton to Obama but skipped an entire presidency that lied to the public. Seems like you only apply certain standards to certain presidents.
    I was directly answering a specific question.

    The question I was answering did not include Bush, so it follows that my answer would not include Bush, either.

  2. #172
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I was directly answering a specific question.

    The question I was answering did not include Bush, so it follows that my answer would not include Bush, either.
    So going back to the question should President Bush been impeached for lying to the public?

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    So going back to the question should President Bush been impeached for lying to the public?
    "The question" did not concern Bush, and who cares about Bush now anyway. He's out of office.

    Obama is now the one lying to the public. Obama is now the one braking the law. Not Bush, not Willson. Obama.
    Last edited by Jerry; 09-17-09 at 12:02 PM.

  4. #174
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,311

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Moderator's Warning:
    House passes resolution criticizing WilsonAlright, enough English 101. Lets stick to the topic and move away from playing Teacher. Cut the spelling and grammer critiques out of this thread
    Forget "LWOP", until this shutdown ends I get to enjoy "WWOP": Work Without Pay

  5. #175
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Perjury and lying under oath are not the same thing. Do you know what the three conditions of perjury are?

    I didn't know that. What differentiates them?

  6. #176
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    So going back to the question should President Bush been impeached for lying to the public?
    The problem is that there is no law against making stupid or poorly constructed decisions and inpeachment is for high crimes and misdomeaners including treason. Lying under oath was unfortunately for the Clinton a crimelette. Bush on the other hand was fortunate that stupid or poor policy is not against the law.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    The problem is that there is no law against making stupid or poorly constructed decisions and inpeachment is for high crimes and misdomeaners including treason. Lying under oath was unfortunately for the Clinton a crimelette. Bush on the other hand was fortunate that stupid or poor policy is not against the law.
    But ......there are laws against violating the Geneva convention & authorizing the war crime of torturing prisoners & GW Bush has admitted he did just that.
    The only thing missing now is the decision on which country will prosecute him & Dick Cheney & the will to actually do it..

  8. #178
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,994

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Perjury and lying under oath are not the same thing. Do you know what the three conditions of perjury are?
    There are actually four. Have you read the contempt ruling?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #179
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    78,166

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    You jumped from Clinton to Obama but skipped an entire presidency that lied to the public. Seems like you only apply certain standards to certain presidents.
    Which presidency would that be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    But ......there are laws against violating the Geneva convention & authorizing the war crime of torturing prisoners & GW Bush has admitted he did just that.
    The only thing missing now is the decision on which country will prosecute him & Dick Cheney & the will to actually do it..
    Proof that Mr. W Bush did these thing you say he did. Also we never violated any of the Genevea Accourds question have you actually sat down and read them, oh wait look who i'm asking this question to. hey maybe you should get a Brail copy of the Geneva Accourds not sure if they actually make a version but if they do pick it and start reading it.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •