Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 269

Thread: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Believe me, I don't "fall" for anything Devil does. Which will include his inevitable, unsupported retort that I have, many times, without knowing it.
    (deep.....evil laugh...).....What can I say.....I am the after all!

    Be Afraid.......Be Very Afraid!
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-16-09 at 03:06 PM.

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No, he's not.

    Now, it's true that Clinton DID once try to make the argument that he was "active duty military" in order to avoid something (don't remember exactly what), but that went nowhere. The President is a civilian, and civilian control of the military is exactly the point.

    As for perjury, he was found in contempt of court for lying under oath.
    Which proves my point.

    Even if I were to totally concede that Clinton's adultery was not illegal, Clinton was still found guilty of braking a law whereas Wilson broke NO law.

    So, to answer the question:
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Of course it wasn't... but the democrats were desperate for any kind of a win, so they latched on to this colossal waste of time.

    .
    One question:
    Did you find the mutli-million dollar impeachment proceedings against President Bill Clinton a "colossal waste of time"..... & money, or was that different because he was a Democrat?
    Impeachment proceedings against President Bill Clinton were not a "colossal waste of time" because Clinton was found guilty of braking a law.

    Wilson did not brake any law.

    Since Wilson did not brake any law, his deceleration is covered under free speech and therefore Congress admonishing him is not only a "colossal waste of time" but an affront to the Constitution and an insult to greater American public.

    Obama WAS lying, and lying to the public IS illegal, so impeach the bastard.
    Last edited by Jerry; 09-16-09 at 06:59 PM.

  3. #163
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Ask the judge who found him in contempt for lying under oath. (Strange; I think this was said already.)
    Perjury and lying under oath are not the same thing. Do you know what the three conditions of perjury are?

  4. #164
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Which proves my point.

    Even if I were to totally concede that Clinton's adultery was not illegal, Clinton was still found guilty of braking a law whereas Wilson broke NO law.

    So, to answer the question:


    Impeachment proceedings against President Bill Clinton were not a "colossal waste of time" because Clinton was found guilty of braking a law.

    Wilson did not brake any law.

    Since Wilson did not brake any law, his deceleration is covered under free speech and therefore Congress admonishing him is not only a "colossal waste of time" but an affront to the Constitution and an insult to greater American public.

    Obama WAS lying, and lying to the public IS illegal, so impeach the bastard.

    Didn't know Clinton was driving his automobile against the law. The lie came about because of a perjury trap by the prosecution. Kenneth Starr tried anything and everything including threatening witnesses in order to try to get something on clinton.

    Also Obama wasn't lying in order for his statement to be a lie Illegal Immigrants would have had to have gotten health coverage under his health efforts since wednesday which hasn't happened yet.

    So when Bush lied about not firing Rumsfeld he should have been impeached right?

    When he claimed he gave up golf for the troops?

    When he claimed he quit drinking and yet was caught drinking a pisco sour at the Apec summit
    Last edited by PogueMoran; 09-17-09 at 09:59 AM.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Didn't know Clinton was driving his automobile against the law.
    Who the **** is taking about Clinton driving a car? I mean seriously wtf are you smoking

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    The lie came about because of a perjury trap by the prosecution.
    But the lie DID come about, and was illegal, which was my point.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Also Obama wasn't lying...
    Yes he was, this has been proven since Wilson's outburst.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    So when Bush lied...
    This thread is not about Bush. Nothing Bush said or did justifies Obama lying to the public anyway.

  6. #166
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Who the **** is taking about Clinton driving a car? I mean seriously wtf are you smoking
    You were talking about Clinton "braking" the law


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    But the lie DID come about, and was illegal, which was my point.
    Yeah he lied about a lie from another case which wasn't relevent to the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yes he was, this has been proven since Wilson's outburst.
    Umm no he wasn't his statement was that people said illegals would receive coverage under his reform measures. When in the last week did Illegals receive coverage under his reform? Until that day comes its not a lie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    This thread is not about Bush. Nothing Bush said or did justifies Obama lying to the public anyway.
    It just shows your disingenuous standard of what you think constitutes an impeachable offense. Obama not lying about health care and you think its impeachable. Bush lying multiple times, a-okay. Clinton lying about a blowjob that had nothing to do with the case, good enough to waste millions on an investigation.

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    You were talking about Clinton "braking" the law
    I don't get it....Firefox isn't flagging "braking" as a misspelled word, so idk wtf you're talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Umm no he wasn't...
    Umm yes he was.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    It just shows your disingenuous standard of what you think constitutes an impeachable offense.
    No it shows your ignorance on my opinion of Bush. I didn't even vote for the guy so I'm not ever going to answer for anything he did.

  8. #168
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I don't get it....Firefox isn't flagging "braking" as a misspelled word, so idk wtf you're talking about
    No the word isn't misspelled you used the wrong word. To brake means to stop you know like the brakes in your car. Break is the word you're looking for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Umm yes he was.
    No he wasn't. Again when in the last week did Illegal Immigrants receive coverage under his health care efforts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    No it shows your ignorance on my opinion of Bush. I didn't even vote for the guy so I'm not ever going to answer for anything he did.
    Well so far you've said two democratic presidents deserved impeachment but the republican? No comment. You said lying to the public is impeachable but you have no comment on Bush. It's disingenuous of you
    Last edited by PogueMoran; 09-17-09 at 11:36 AM.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    No the word isn't misspelled you used the wrong word.
    This thread is not about correct grammar (if it were then you would have included the final period at the end of your post).

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    No he wasn't.
    Yes he was.

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Well so far you've said two democratic presidents deserved impeachment but the republican? No comment. You said lying to the public is impeachable but you have no comment on Bush. It's disingenuous of you
    There was never any requirement for me to comment on every president whenever I comment on a few.

    Generally speaking, I'm likely to refrain from commenting on Bush because you people keep bringing up Bush every time Obama is criticized. I'm not a Republican and I'm tired of hearing about Bush when we want to discuss the sitting president.

    It may seem disingenuous to you, but I know my motives and don't seek validation from others for those motives. I'm tired of Bush being brought up every-time there's a discussion of Obama. You don't have to believe that, but that's all it is regardless.
    Last edited by Jerry; 09-17-09 at 11:42 AM.

  10. #170
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    This thread is not about correct grammar (if it were then you would have included the final period at the end of your post).
    What's wrong you couldn't take a joke?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yes he was.
    You could claim this until the cows come home it still won't change the fact you're wrong. How exactly was his statement a lie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    There was never any requirement for me to comment on every president whenever I comment on a few.
    You seem to only be commenting on democratic ones seems like selective outrage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Generally speaking, I'm likely to refrain from commenting on Bush because you people keep bringing up Bush every time Obama is criticized. I'm not a Republican and I'm tired of hearing about Bush when we want to discuss the sitting president.
    What do you mean "you people"?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAlVKgl_zCQ"]YouTube - Tropic Thunder clip You People[/ame]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It may seem disingenuous to you, but I know my motives and don't seek validation from others for those motives. I'm tired of Bush being brought up every-time there's a discussion of Obama. You don't have to believe that, but that's all it is regardless.
    It's not that it seems it's that it is disingenuous. You jumped from Clinton to Obama but skipped an entire presidency that lied to the public. Seems like you only apply certain standards to certain presidents.
    Last edited by PogueMoran; 09-17-09 at 11:50 AM.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •