Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 269

Thread: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So now you have to be a Constitutional lawyer to understand the basic concept of free speech? Wrong or right, your argument has so many holes it mite as well be cheese.
    Good evening Blackdog...You caught me as I was just about to head up to bed but let me respond to you first:
    I never claimed one had to be a Constitutional lawyer to understand the basic concept of free speech, but if one is going to make complex Constitutional law arguments, & wants to sound credible, some legal training/background would be advisable.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Now his comments at the time were disrespectful, but no law or otherwise existed to punish him in the slightest. So passing a resolution now stinks. It would be the equalivilent of
    He wasn't admonished for a violation of any law. He was admonished for breaking House rules.

    Good night my friend.

  2. #132
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-18-09 @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I've never once watched/listened to Glenn Beck. Don't care to.

    But I certainly believe what I see in pictures from the event which give a measurable perspective.
    Measurable? So what do you "measure" the crowd to be Dr. Einstein?

    3 million?

    4 million?

    Do tell.

  3. #133
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,506

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    One question:
    Did you find the mutli-million dollar impeachment proceedings against President Bill Clinton a "colossal waste of time"..... & money, or was that different because he was a Democrat?
    I did, but that was for lying to Congress while being under oath. Not for yelling out liar on the hose floor during a speech. Apples and oranges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #134
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,517

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by REO SpeedDealer View Post
    Measurable? So what do you "measure" the crowd to be Dr. Einstein?

    3 million?

    4 million?

    Do tell.
    I already said, chief -- those who were visible in the shot were enough to fill the Mall. So, whatever number that would be.

    Don't be one of those people who doesn't read posts and/or pretends people are saying things they didn't say. We have plenty enough of those.

    But if you're going to insist on being one, let me know now.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #135
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,506

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Good evening Blackdog...You caught me as I was just about to head up to bed but let me respond to you first:
    I never claimed one had to be a Constitutional lawyer to understand the basic concept of free speech, but if one is going to make complex Constitutional law arguments, & wants to sound credible, some legal training/background would be advisable.
    Not really. If that were the case any comments about the military you have made (for example) are bull**** because you never served correct? That is what your argument sounds like. I had to use a fallacy argument to point out your crap argument. How wonderful your argument is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    He wasn't admonished for a violation of any law. He was admonished for breaking House rules.

    Good night my friend.
    I tell you what. As soon as you figure out the difference between "example" and "literal" you come on back now.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 09-16-09 at 01:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #136
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    "My own party"? When did I state I was a democrat? And what does hypocrisy have to do with Wilson calling Obama a liar? And when did I say I was "cool" with what I did? Don't make so many assumptions, it will bite you in the ass.
    I've yet to see you support anything that wasn't Libbo'ish. Care to point out where you did?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #137
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    There WAS an outcry, skinny moron was made to go to the well of the House and apologize. Meanwhile whining Boehner was yelling for censure

    Hypocrisy much? Seems like ONE side is consistent, and ONE side suffers from situational ethics:

    Stark Apologizes for Saying Troop Deaths Amuse Bush (Update1) - Bloomberg.com
    lawmakers voted 196-173 to reject a Republican measure calling for his censure.
    I rest my case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I've yet to see you support anything that wasn't Libbo'ish. Care to point out where you did?
    Oh sorry, I didn't know you have read every post I have ever made. I guess you missed the one I made about supporting gun rights? I guess this is what you do after you realize that you have lost an arguement.

  9. #139
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I rest my case.

    What is your case? It was insisted that he apologize or avoid censure, same as with this Wilson GARBAGE. Actually, GARBAGE Wilson's 'resolution' wasn't even as strong as a censure.

    Yet, ONE side insisted on censure (Boehner & GOP) of a Democrat, an apology wasn't sufficient. The 'rules of the House must be upheld'. But when the shoe is on the OTHER foot, and it's their guy violating the rules of the house .... no censure and no apology on the Floor of the House.

    Democrats insisted on the same thing for both instances.
    Republicans did not. Situational ethics.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    One question:
    Did you find the mutli-million dollar impeachment proceedings against President Bill Clinton a "colossal waste of time"..... & money, or was that different because he was a Democrat?
    Clinton broke a law, both with his affair and his purgery.

    Willson only spoke the truth: Obama was knowingly and deliberately lying.

    So when are they going to admonish Obama for lying?

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •