Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 269

Thread: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, if you'll go back and read the rules, it says nothing about whether, or not, the president is present and/or making a speach. So, my point is extremely relevant.

    the question still stands. Where were you all and why the faux outrage, now?
    Your other point is irrelevant too, what does Bush's incident have to do with this one? Just because nothing happened in a previous event doesn't mean somethign shouldn't happen this time...

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    When you decide to apoligizes to me for calling me a Nzi till then all bets are off
    No "Bets" are required.
    Since your understanding of what is & what is not protected free speech is at a layman's level, I suggest you have no creditability to be lecturing others on these matters.
    As pointed out to you, both the House & Senate have Constitutional authority to limit or even end speech when their rules call for it.( It actually occurs almost every day in both chambers)
    Last edited by Devil505; 09-16-09 at 12:42 AM.

  3. #123
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Your other point is irrelevant too, what does Bush's incident have to do with this one? Just because nothing happened in a previous event doesn't mean somethign shouldn't happen this time...
    So, you're cool with the wild ass hypocrisy of your own party?

    The main relevancy, is that a US Congressman called our troops murderers, basically, on the house floor. If you're cool with that, then It speaks volumes about you and your ilk.
    Last edited by apdst; 09-16-09 at 12:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #124
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-18-09 @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Well, of course; you'll cling to whatever number suits your worldview best.
    Now, now...don't we all. Unfortunately for you my world view is supported by actual numbers supplied courtesy of the actual authorities.

    Yours are, sadly, pulled out of Glenn Beck's arse.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you're cool with the wild ass hypocrisy of your own party?

    The main relevancy, is that a US Congressman called our troops murderers, basically, on the house floor. If you're cool with that, then It speaks volumes about you and your ilk.
    "My own party"? When did I state I was a democrat? And what does hypocrisy have to do with Wilson calling Obama a liar? And when did I say I was "cool" with what I did? Don't make so many assumptions, it will bite you in the ass.

  6. #126
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Perhaps you would be kind enough to share with us what law school you graduated from with a specialization in Constitutional Law? Otherwise your pontification/interpretation of our Constitution is....less than compelling.
    So now you have to be a Constitutional lawyer to understand the basic concept of free speech? Wrong or right, your argument has so many holes it mite as well be cheese.

    Now his comments at the time were disrespectful, but no law or otherwise existed to punish him in the slightest. So passing a resolution now stinks. It would be the equivalent of someone selling drugs before it was illegal, being arrested for those acts because the law changed after the fact. Moronic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #127
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by REO SpeedDealer View Post
    Now, now...don't we all. Unfortunately for you my world view is supported by actual numbers supplied courtesy of the actual authorities.

    Yours are, sadly, pulled out of Glenn Beck's arse.
    I've never once watched/listened to Glenn Beck. Don't care to.

    But I certainly believe what I see in pictures from the event which give a measurable perspective. You may not, but I do.

    What I don't do, however, is make assumptions about people based on nothing. This, you obviously do.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #128
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, this all real cute. Funny, in fact. However, the real question before our Libbo brothers and sisters, is, where the hell were all of you when Pete Stark claimed that American soldiers were, "blowing up innocent civilians for his [The President] ammusement"? Why was there no outcry when Pete Stark called GWB a liar, on the house floor?

    YouTube - Rep. Pete Stark (D-CA) Outrageous Remarks on House Floor


    There WAS an outcry, skinny moron was made to go to the well of the House and apologize. Meanwhile whining Boehner was yelling for censure

    Hypocrisy much? Seems like ONE side is consistent, and ONE side suffers from situational ethics:

    Stark Apologizes for Saying Troop Deaths Amuse Bush (Update1) - Bloomberg.com

  9. #129
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-18-09 @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The main relevancy, is that a US Congressman called our troops murderers, basically, on the house floor.
    Really? A US Congressman yelled out that our troops were murderers in the middle of a speech by Bush?

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    House passes resolution criticizing Wilson - CNN.com
    House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    The House of Representatives on Tuesday formally admonished Republican Rep. Joe Wilson for shouting "you lie" during President Obama's speech to a joint session of Congress last week.

    I do not think that this was needed but I understand why they formally admonished this sorry excuse for a Congressman. If he really did apologize as a gentleman instead of bragging that he was forced into an apology I do not think that the House would have taken this action.

    Do you guys hink that this piece Congressional trash was worth the time to formally admonish ?
    I'm all for this.

    The less Congress actually accomplishes the better off America is.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •