Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 269

Thread: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

  1. #111
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Well, this all real cute. Funny, in fact. However, the real question before our Libbo brothers and sisters, is, where the hell were all of you when Pete Stark claimed that American soldiers were, "blowing up innocent civilians for his [The President] ammusement"? Why was there no outcry when Pete Stark called GWB a liar, on the house floor?

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsGaNR9dVPM"]YouTube - Rep. Pete Stark (D-CA) Outrageous Remarks on House Floor[/ame]
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Ummm . . . Congress used to be several orders of magnitude more disrespectful than that.
    Don't talk if you can't back it up.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, this all real cute. Funny, in fact. However, the real question before our Libbo brothers and sisters, is, where the hell were all of you when Pete Stark claimed that American soldiers were, "blowing up innocent civilians for his [The President] ammusement"? Why was there no outcry when Pete Stark called GWB a liar, on the house floor?

    YouTube - Rep. Pete Stark (D-CA) Outrageous Remarks on House Floor
    Was former-president Bush making a speech? No, so your point is irrelevant.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Ah but what is Disorderly Behavior as I have already pointed out this has gone on in the past. The House and Senate can't stimmy Free Speech which is what Rep. Wilson used. The reason I keep citing Article I Section 3 is because it talks about the duty of the President to give Speechs to the Joint Session of COngress and if they Founding Fathers wanted the Presidentr to not be interupted they woul dhave notted it in this section. Hence Rep. Wilson used his 1st Adm Right which the House now has violated. Why do you all on the Left can't folloow this very simple discussion.
    Perhaps you would be kind enough to share with us what law school you graduated from with a specialization in Constitutional Law? Otherwise your pontification/interpretation of our Constitution is....less than compelling.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Perhaps you would be kind enough to share with us what law school you graduated from with a specialization in Constitutional Law? Otherwise your pontification/interpretation of our Constitution is....less than compelling.
    When you decide to apoligizes to me for calling me a Nzi till then all bets are off

  6. #116
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Was former-president Bush making a speech? No, so your point is irrelevant.
    Well, if you'll go back and read the rules, it says nothing about whether, or not, the president is present and/or making a speach. So, my point is extremely relevant.

    the question still stands. Where were you all and why the faux outrage, now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    You still don't understand that the supreme court has ruled numerous times that our first amendment right is restricted. And the founding fathers probably didn't think someone would be THAT disrespectful.
    Our you kinding what you didn't read my post about how Adam,Hamilton,Madison and Jefferson would have shouting matchs. Or how about the fact that in the past Congress would always ask the President question during a Joint Session of Congress wow what the hell do they teach in Social Studie and US History these days.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, if you'll go back and read the rules, it says nothing about whether, or not, the president is present and/or making a speach. So, my point is extremely relevant.

    the question still stands. Where were you all and why the faux outrage, now?
    People say bad thigns about Obama all the time but it didn't make major news until it happened during a speech, understand?

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Our you kinding what you didn't read my post about how Adam,Hamilton,Madison and Jefferson would have shouting matchs. Or how about the fact that in the past Congress would always ask the President question during a Joint Session of Congress wow what the hell do they teach in Social Studie and US History these days.
    ...links saying people shouted at the president when he was making a speech to Congress?

  10. #120
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Don't talk if you can't back it up.
    Back atcha, champ.

    http://www.house.gov/capuano/news/20...berger%203.pdf

    In a Congress which used to hiss, spit at each other, hit each other with canes, etc., etc., etc., shouting "You lie!" is pretty mild stuff.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •