Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 269

Thread: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson


    __________________________________________________ _________________________

  2. #102
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,558

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post

    __________________________________________________ _________________________
    "Oh yeah!"
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    __________________________________________________ _________________________
    How's this one
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #104
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    How's this one
    Do you really wanna know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #105
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-18-09 @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Besides, though there's no consensus on the actual numbers, most agree that 60-70K is quite lowball.
    Well...."most" wingnuts anyhow. We here in the reality based community have no problem accepting the estimate of the DC Fire Dept. But feel free to accept the estimates of Glenn Beck et al. Are they up to four million yet?

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    If you don't know the difference between what is and isn't Constitutional then I cxan;t help you. Articl I Section 5 States that the House can set there own rule in accords with the US Consatitution and Billof Rights. Which means they can't have a rule that stops any memeber of the House Excersissing his or hers 1st Adm Right which Rep. Wilson was doing. As I have stated Article II Section 3 ther is nothing in there stating that the President can't be interupted.

    Oh as for are Founding father guess you don't kno wmuch about them then huh. John Adams, James Madison and Alexander Hamilton used to have shouting matchs with each other when Congress was in session. When John Adams was the Vice President Hamilton shout him down in a debate on the floor.
    Why do you continually make posts that are irrelevant?

    It never says anywhere in article I section 5 that it has to be in accord with the constitution since IT'S A PART OF THE CONSTITUTION.

    "Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior."

  7. #107
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,558

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by REO SpeedDealer View Post
    Well...."most" wingnuts anyhow. We here in the reality based community have no problem accepting the estimate of the DC Fire Dept.
    Well, of course; you'll cling to whatever number suits your worldview best. We already established that. Hell, I knew that was a given with the very first post of yours I read. If you could find someone who says it was 2,000 people or less, you'd go with that.

    All I can tell you is that any movement which can get enough people to fill the Mall is not any fringe. I know you desperately need to believe it is, but that's your own insecure folly. Like I said; not going to worry about it much.
    Last edited by Harshaw; 09-16-09 at 12:18 AM.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Why do you continually make posts that are irrelevant?

    It never says anywhere in article I section 5 that it has to be in accord with the constitution since IT'S A PART OF THE CONSTITUTION.

    "Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior."
    Ah but what is Disorderly Behavior as I have already pointed out this has gone on in the past. The House and Senate can't stimmy Free Speech which is what Rep. Wilson used. The reason I keep citing Article I Section 3 is because it talks about the duty of the President to give Speechs to the Joint Session of COngress and if they Founding Fathers wanted the Presidentr to not be interupted they woul dhave notted it in this section. Hence Rep. Wilson used his 1st Adm Right which the House now has violated. Why do you all on the Left can't folloow this very simple discussion.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Ah but what is Disorderly Behavior as I have already pointed out this has gone on in the past. The House and Senate can't stimmy Free Speech which is what Rep. Wilson used. The reason I keep citing Article I Section 3 is because it talks about the duty of the President to give Speechs to the Joint Session of COngress and if they Founding Fathers wanted the Presidentr to not be interupted they woul dhave notted it in this section. Hence Rep. Wilson used his 1st Adm Right which the House now has violated. Why do you all on the Left can't folloow this very simple discussion.
    You still don't understand that the supreme court has ruled numerous times that our first amendment right is restricted. And the founding fathers probably didn't think someone would be THAT disrespectful.

  10. #110
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,558

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    You still don't understand that the supreme court has ruled numerous times that our first amendment right is restricted. And the founding fathers probably didn't think someone would be THAT disrespectful.
    Ummm . . . Congress used to be several orders of magnitude more disrespectful than that.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •