Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 269

Thread: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

  1. #91
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-18-09 @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I believe the photo I posted, which Voidwar quoted me as posting, above, and the point which went along with it.
    Oh so you believe that you can estimate the size of a crowd just by looking at a photo.

    Right.

  2. #92
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-18-09 @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Hmm you sure about that don't forget were and who I work for before you make a post.
    Keep the delusions comin' baby!

  3. #93
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by REO SpeedDealer View Post
    Oh so you believe that you can estimate the size of a crowd just by looking at a photo.

    Right.
    Did I give an estimate of a crowd size?

    I did not.

    Does the photo show a massive throng of people stretching from the Capitol all the way to 14th & E?

    Yes, it does. That crowd would more than fill the Mall, and that's only the people who can be seen in the picture.

    But, nothing can stop you from believing that it's just a tiny fringe if that's what you want to believe, so I'm not going to worry about it much.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    By the way, you are badly-informed if you think Wilson's 1st amendment right has been violated because the supreme court has ruled multiple times that people don't have unlimited free speech plus there's this thing called the body of the constitution that says the House can make its own rules. So tell me, how is something in the constitution unconstitutional?
    Far from it yes Article I Section 5 states that the House can pass there own rules but they can't pas laws that go against the US Constitution or Bill of Rights which the 1st Adm is. Also as I pointed out no where in Article II Section 3 does it state that no one can interupt the President while he is addressing a Joint Session of Congress you would think that are Founding Fathers would have included that while they were writting this section.

    The Truth is that John Adams and Thomas Jefferson were both in favor of free flow of speech between Congress and the President during the Presidents Speech hell up to the late 18th Century it was unusal for a memeber of Congress to ask the President a question during speechs to the Joint session of Congress.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Far from it yes Article I Section 5 states that the House can pass there own rules but they can't pas laws that go against the US Constitution or Bill of Rights which the 1st Adm is. Also as I pointed out no where in Article II Section 3 does it state that no one can interupt the President while he is addressing a Joint Session of Congress you would think that are Founding Fathers would have included that while they were writting this section.

    The Truth is that John Adams and Thomas Jefferson were both in favor of free flow of speech between Congress and the President during the Presidents Speech hell up to the late 18th Century it was unusal for a memeber of Congress to ask the President a question during speechs to the Joint session of Congress.
    You still haven't answered my question: how is something in the constitution unconstitutional?

    Also, do you not know that the supreme court has ruled that tehre are limitations to our first amendment right?

    By the way, the founding fathers probably didn't think someone would be so disrespectful as to do what Wilson did.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by REO SpeedDealer View Post
    Oh so you believe that you can estimate the size of a crowd just by looking at a photo.

    Right.

    I don't know....Some of these guys claim the ability to read minds too!!
    (like those who insist that Wilson was not motivated by racism to yell at the POTUS)

    Maybe we are dealing with beings who posses.......SUPER POWERS here!!

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    I guess you don't know were and who i owrk for then right keep telling yourself that their is no Spokeperson named Dan Bana at the Park Service never mind the facts Buck Wheat.
    Can you provide any proof of that person existing, I googled that name and no one came up...

  8. #98
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-18-09 @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    56

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Did I give an estimate of a crowd size?

    I did not.

    Does the photo show a massive throng of people stretching from the Capitol all the way to 14th & E?

    Yes, it does. That crowd would more than fill the Mall, and that's only the people who can be seen in the picture.

    But, nothing can stop you from believing that it's just a tiny fringe if that's what you want to believe, so I'm not going to worry about it much.
    Well obviously I'm not terribly worried about it either. In a country with a population of over 300 million, a measly turnout of 60-70 thousand malcontents is hardly notable.

  9. #99
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by REO SpeedDealer View Post
    Well obviously I'm not terribly worried about it either. In a country with a population of over 300 million, a measly turnout of 60-70 thousand malcontents is hardly notable.
    Unless they agree with you; then they're a force to be reckoned with. I know how it works.

    Besides, though there's no consensus on the actual numbers, most agree that 60-70K is quite lowball. Not I think you're going to do anything other than cling to the lowest number out there . . .
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: House passes resolution criticizing Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    You still haven't answered my question: how is something in the constitution unconstitutional?

    Also, do you not know that the supreme court has ruled that tehre are limitations to our first amendment right?

    By the way, the founding fathers probably didn't think someone would be so disrespectful as to do what Wilson did.
    If you don't know the difference between what is and isn't Constitutional then I cxan;t help you. Articl I Section 5 States that the House can set there own rule in accords with the US Consatitution and Billof Rights. Which means they can't have a rule that stops any memeber of the House Excersissing his or hers 1st Adm Right which Rep. Wilson was doing. As I have stated Article II Section 3 ther is nothing in there stating that the President can't be interupted.

    Oh as for are Founding father guess you don't kno wmuch about them then huh. John Adams, James Madison and Alexander Hamilton used to have shouting matchs with each other when Congress was in session. When John Adams was the Vice President Hamilton shout him down in a debate on the floor.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •