Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 435

Thread: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

  1. #411
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Metternich View Post
    That is the term used to distinguish between the Old Left of the Grand, New Deal Coalition and the distinctly less successful New Leftism of the 60's Radicalism. I would suggest you continue to revisit some sources, and try to find something to substantiate that this was done without the approval of your self-identified political coalition. Especially telling is the vote to restrict the funds from the NPS (for census making) in the future - which I, again, suggest you investigate. I certainly do not see some sort of objection from the New Left, or wait - is Congress just 'one organization' that shouldn't be represenative of the wider opinion?



    So what is representative of the New Left mainstream? Quotes? Sources? Polls? I've asked this a few times, I believe there is a silent and growing consensus that you are fighting an increasingly losing battle against the public record.

    No, the entire New Left is not made out of Black Nationalism and Multiculturalism, yet to say the New Left is not Black Nationalism (or Multiculturualism) is just flat out wrong. What's worse, is to say the New Left gave up their fellow radicals when the going got tough - for that makes them spineless windbags.



    Quotes? Sources? Polls?



    Thank you for admitting that you're wrong.

    And for the record, no, I do not think I'm just as extreme as you are.



    Turn that last sentence into its own paragraph. Should make more sense.
    Asking for quotes and sources when you have provided none is amusing. In your very first paragraph in fact, you make unsourced claims. Care to enlighten me on what you are talking about there, with sources so I can check your work?

  2. #412
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Conservative Part of California
    Last Seen
    04-12-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    285

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Asking for quotes and sources when you have provided none is amusing. In your very first paragraph in fact, you make unsourced claims. Care to enlighten me on what you are talking about there, with sources so I can check your work?
    If you have some time on your hands, so I can both dismiss your potential claims of 'the internet is not a source' and 'reich-winger bias!,' I point to Rick Perlstein's work Nixonland, as well as his book on Goldwater. Pages 380 and 381 capture the gist of it in Nixonland, though a quick thumb through his centerfold pictures also give the right flavor. Rick Perlstein, as we both known, is today's Leftist anthropologist/sociologist who converts the 'base impulses' (punctuation for emphasis, not exact quote) of conservatism into intelligible writing for the more refined cultural elites who vote for Obama. So really, I'm going above and beyond for filling in with not only history you should know, but history that you should know written by someone I don't even really 'want' to read.

    I accept your apology.

  3. #413
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Metternich View Post
    If you have some time on your hands, so I can both dismiss your potential claims of 'the internet is not a source' and 'reich-winger bias!,' I point to Rick Perlstein's work Nixonland, as well as his book on Goldwater. Pages 380 and 381 capture the gist of it in Nixonland, though a quick thumb through his centerfold pictures also give the right flavor. Rick Perlstein, as we both known, is today's Leftist anthropologist/sociologist who converts the 'base impulses' (punctuation for emphasis, not exact quote) of conservatism into intelligible writing for the more refined cultural elites who vote for Obama. So really, I'm going above and beyond for filling in with not only history you should know, but history that you should know written by someone I don't even really 'want' to read.

    I accept your apology.
    No apology offered. Internet sources please. I am not running out and buying some book because a random guy on the internet told me to. Considering you act and talk like a hard right hyper partisan dittohead, pardon me if I don't take your word for your claims, nor trust much your suggested reading.

    You made the claim(it's all the fault of the "new left" in general that the NPS cannot supply crowd estimates), it's up to you to back up that claim with sources.

  4. #414
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Conservative Part of California
    Last Seen
    04-12-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    285

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No apology offered. Internet sources please. I am not running out and buying some book because a random guy on the internet told me to. Considering you act and talk like a hard right hyper partisan dittohead, pardon me if I don't take your word for your claims, nor trust much your suggested reading.

    You made the claim(it's all the fault of the "new left" in general that the NPS cannot supply crowd estimates), it's up to you to back up that claim with sources.
    It is not 'some book,' but if you do not want to read up on your history - that's fine. Come on, what other reason would the National Park Service stop doing the events unless they came under pressure? What, were the racist-fascist Reich-wingers so disappointed by the low estimate they put pressure on the National Park Service?

    Bah.
    Ignorance is Strength!

    Anyhow, Office of the Clerk Congressional Profile

    Do some keyword searching. See how many of the New Left politicians went against your opinion and see how many went with the facts.

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million_Man_March]Million Man March - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

    Do some reading, read between those lines.

  5. #415
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Metternich View Post
    It is not 'some book,' but if you do not want to read up on your history - that's fine. Come on, what other reason would the National Park Service stop doing the events unless they came under pressure? What, were the racist-fascist Reich-wingers so disappointed by the low estimate they put pressure on the National Park Service?

    Bah.
    Ignorance is Strength!

    Anyhow, Office of the Clerk Congressional Profile

    Do some keyword searching. See how many of the New Left politicians went against your opinion and see how many went with the facts.

    Million Man March - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Do some reading, read between those lines.
    So basically, you cannot document your position whatsoever. Gotcha. Get back to me when you have something more concrete than the congressional makeup and a wiki link about the million man march.

  6. #416
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Conservative Part of California
    Last Seen
    04-12-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    285

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So basically, you cannot document your position whatsoever. Gotcha. Get back to me when you have something more concrete than the congressional makeup and a wiki link about the million man march.
    I'm so utterly confused, what do more do you need? You say my initial examples were false - I provide you with a source.

    New Left politicians decided to take away their funding (Source 1), because New Left pressure (Source 2).

    It's not exactly rocket science. What do you want? It's there.

  7. #417
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Metternich View Post
    I'm so utterly confused, what do more do you need? You say my initial examples were false - I provide you with a source.

    New Left politicians decided to take away their funding (Source 1), because New Left pressure (Source 2).

    It's not exactly rocket science. What do you want? It's there.
    Your source 1 is the makeup of the current congress. It has zero to do with what you are claiming. The second link says that Farrakhan threatened to sue the NPS. One person is hardly "the New Left". Come on, you can do better than this.

  8. #418
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Metternich View Post
    It is not 'some book,' but if you do not want to read up on your history - that's fine. Come on, what other reason would the National Park Service stop doing the events unless they came under pressure? What, were the racist-fascist Reich-wingers so disappointed by the low estimate they put pressure on the National Park Service?

    Bah.
    Ignorance is Strength!

    Anyhow, Office of the Clerk Congressional Profile

    Do some keyword searching. See how many of the New Left politicians went against your opinion and see how many went with the facts.

    Million Man March - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Do some reading, read between those lines
    .
    wasn't the NPS chastized for its official estimation for the million man march (well under a million) ... creating a political stir and causing the congress to prohibit federal funding to be used to create official estimates in the future?
    Last edited by justabubba; 09-20-09 at 12:04 AM. Reason: kant spel

  9. #419
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    wasn't the NPS chastized for its official estimation for the million man march (well uner a million) ... creating a political stir and causing the congress to prohibit federal funding to be used to create official estimates in the future?
    Right. The '97 congress forbade them from doing crowd estimates in DC.

  10. #420
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Conservative Part of California
    Last Seen
    04-12-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    285

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    wasn't the NPS chastized for its official estimation for the million man march (well under a million) ... creating a political stir and causing the congress to prohibit federal funding to be used to create official estimates in the future?
    "Chastized" by whom?

    Come on Redress, say it with me.

    "The Left."

    Come on, you can do it. Together, we can defeat ignorance.

    "The Left."

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •