The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say
Sad thing is, a lot of these people haven't a clue what they are protesting:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - 9.12 DC TEA PARTY - MARCH FOOTAGE WITH INTERVIEWS[/ame]
It's time for a revolution in our country. Not a revolution forged with guns and bombs but a revolution forged of compassion and altruism. A revolution that extends a hand to those who don't have and who cannot. A revolution that makes Health Care available to all those in the US.
2001-2008: Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
2009-2016: Dissent is the highest form of racism.
2017-? (Probably): Dissent is the highest form of misogyny.
The Political Lizard Annex: Zogby: Obama Voters UninformedTuesday, November 18, 2008
Zogby: Obama Voters Uninformed
Zogby conducted an exit poll of ardent Obama voters and found that many were uninformed. Here are the appalling results from the polls:
1. 57.4 could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)
2. 81.8 could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)
3. 82.6 could NOT correctly say that Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)
4. 88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)
5. 56.1 % could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).And yet…..
6. Only 13.7% failed to identify Palin as the person their party spent $150,000 in clothes on
7. Only 6.2% failed to identify Palin as the one with a pregnant teenage daughter
8. And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her “house,” even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!
Wonder which is worse?
As was pointed out to you prior, I didn't bring it up, Jackalope did to imply that Republicans are more prone to being KKK members, I corrected that.The KKK is not associated with any mainstream political lean. So just take that logic and file it under 'nice try' pal.
Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.
Now look at these racist rightwingers beating up on that white kid and cheering. Pathetic!
"He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
They are to the right what Micheal Moore is to the left. Only he doesn't run a 24-hour news channel. (although I understand his next film skewers people in a bi-partisan manner)
Yes, fox news fans, them muslims are taking over...