Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 435

Thread: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

  1. #231
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    So they were Democrats for 100 years, you can wash off the stain.
    Substitute "white people" for Democrats and apply this logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #232
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman_Spiff View Post
    Inaugural crowd size reportedly D.C. record - The Boston Globe


    It looks like most conservative blogs have decided to use a National Park Service quote describing the crowds at President Obama's inauguration rather than the tea party protests. Between this and using a picture from a protest that occurred over a decade ago as evidence of crowds stretching to the Washington Monument, they're not showing too much trustworthiness.

    I don't really understand it though. The protests were impressive enough as it were that their numbers didn't need to be inflated.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Good catch! That's the same quote rw blogs are attributing to 'Dan Bana' and Saturday's Teaparty march!



    btw .... welcome to DP!

  3. #233
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Yea, we can, cuz they left BECAUSE OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT.
    Republicans voted for that act.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #234
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Nope, Republican congress, you lose.
    Please stop arguing nonsense.
    The Republican strategy was hatched b/c of southern racism and anger at the civil rights act.

  5. #235
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Republicans voted for that act.


    ahhhhhhahahahaaahhh just stop. Funny delusion going on here.

    Yuppers, they did. But they weren't southern republicans. Southern republicans were born of Dixiecrat racisists.

    And, funniest damn thing. The republicans of the kind that voted for the civil rights act have NOTHING in common with the party in office now.

  6. #236
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    ahhhhhhahahahaaahhh just stop. Funny delusion going on here.

    Yuppers, they did. But they weren't southern republicans. Southern republicans were born of Dixiecrat racisists.

    And, funniest damn thing. The republicans of the kind that voted for the civil rights act have NOTHING in common with the party in office now.
    I'm from the south, I think I would know a little more about southerners than you do. Democrats are some of the most racist muthas out there, they are the people who tell the black community they have their backs while they rig laws to make things harder for them. Now, if you broke things down, it doesn't matter which Republicans or which Democrats voted for the civil rights legislatation when overall the Democrat party in a much larger overall percentage and almost in unison voted nay, that's not regional, that's PARTY.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #237
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    10's of thousands, as opposed to the 930k freedomworks claimed. all seem to be white, btw. sometimes i wonder what they are really protesting, what with the all the lovely signs they displayed.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #238
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    where are the confederate flags, and the "undocumented worker" signs?

    btw.....healthcare reform hasn't killed thousands of our men and women.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #239
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I'm from the south, I think I would know a little more about southerners than you do. Democrats are some of the most racist muthas out there, they are the people who tell the black community they have their backs while they rig laws to make things harder for them. Now, if you broke things down, it doesn't matter which Republicans or which Democrats voted for the civil rights legislatation when overall the Democrat party in a much larger overall percentage and almost in unison voted nay, that's not regional, that's PARTY.

    I guess you don't know more about Southerners than I do, if you are not aware that Dixiecrats left the Democratic party and became Republicans following the passage of the Civil Rights Act, and of course, pursuit of the racists muthas under the Republicans' notorious 'southern strategy'.

  10. #240
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Tens of thousands attend broad protest of government in nation's capital

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    I guess you don't know more about Southerners than I do, if you are not aware that Dixiecrats left the Democratic party and became Republicans following the passage of the Civil Rights Act, and of course, pursuit of the racists muthas under the Republicans' notorious 'southern strategy'.
    You are wrong. Dixiecrats are the "old guard" of the Democrat party. Blue Dogs are the more conservative Democrats, etc. But.....we aren't talking about the theoretical, we are talking about people I KNOW personally on an everyday basis and trust me, a good bit of the off color jokes I've heard weren't from Republicans.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •